the NFL thread

Comments

• HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    only the Browns can whiz a 21-7 lead down their leg in the 4th quarter, and lose so spectacularly too....... OVERTIME, 3rd and 4, Browns QB Deshone Kizer gets pressured, can't throw the quick slant to Josh Gordon like he wanted to - so instead, he basically throws a pass that went higher in the air than it did down the field, Packers intercept it - and a few plays later score a Touchdown to end the game...

only the Browns... worthless team lol.

HASEROT wrote: »
    FoxRox wrote: »
    Go Ravens!!!

K9LDZ.gif

Gross. Hope you have one handy to dry the tears later :)
    All friendly trash talk of course. Bills say nope to doing a favor for Baltimore and Pittsburgh today.
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    Go Ravens!!!

K9LDZ.gif

Gross. Hope you have one handy to dry the tears later :)

nope.. tonight, we take the division..... again ;)... against your Ravens... just like last year ;)

..but really, good luck, i always respected the Ravens, because IMO, it's like looking in the mirror - both teams play a hard nosed, physical game of football - and it's always a defensive struggle it seems like... whoever does win, usually earns it lol.
    We will see. Everyone’s sleeping on the Ravens like every year; don’t be surprised if we sneak in and do damage. My team may be inconsistent in the regular season, but come playoff time it’s different. And the Ravens have still won 2 of the last 3 in Heinz Field.
    If the Ravens didn’t love surrendering on third down this game might be winnable.
    only the Browns can whiz a 21-7 lead down their leg in the 4th quarter, and lose so spectacularly too....... OVERTIME, 3rd and 4, Browns QB Deshone Kizer gets pressured, can't throw the quick slant to Josh Gordon like he wanted to - so instead, he basically throws a pass that went higher in the air than it did down the field, Packers intercept it - and a few plays later score a Touchdown to end the game...

only the Browns... worthless team lol.
    Sigh. Not that I care, but what an awful team.
    Thanks for the reportage!
    I wasn't actually watching the game, but I was schocked when I checked the score updates on my phone.
    I could not believe what I was seeing.
    Please close this out Baltimore.... no Christmas miracles from Antonio...
    We got no one to blame but ourselves if we lose. Such stupid penalties.

the officiating in this game has been absolutely horrendous.. on both sides.

the officiating in this game has been absolutely horrendous.. on both sides.

Fair.
    Baltimore sucks. Worthless.
    edited December 2017 Posts: 4,399
    holy balls what an ugly game... but, like usual.. i'll take that W... and THE NORTH!

tough luck @FoxRox.... some defensive game that turned out to be lol.
    Your welcome for the choke job. Enjoy the division.
    An appropriate time for a rant:

Baltimore's defense and coaching deserves all the blame for that loss. You can't ask for anything more from a mediocre offense than what they produced tonight. The defense completely evaporates in the first and final quarters like preserving a lead is unimportant. Pretty much every coaching decision in the fourth quarter was stupid. We don't even really deserve to make the playoffs, but we'll probably get there anywhere since the AFC is a joke. Not being able to close out a game like that is completely inexcusable. It's last year all over - so close but no dice. Close is never good enough.

If Baltimore doesn't make the playoffs and do damage in there (both of which could happen), they need to clean house. Their coaching has failed them, and their secondary is completely useless without Jimmy Smith. Had he played tonight, we probably could have won thanks to the fact our offense did fine. If we make the playoffs, we can only pray we don't get to see the Steelers or Patriots, because we will get destroyed, and our offense probably won't play that well again. This was about as hard as loss at they come. They had it in the bag and gave it away. For all the flak it rightfully gets, the offensive deserves no blame in losing this game tonight.
    An appropriate time for a rant:

Baltimore's defense and coaching deserves all the blame for that loss. You can't ask for anything more from a mediocre offense than what they produced tonight. The defense completely evaporates in the first and final quarters like preserving a lead is unimportant. Pretty much every coaching decision in the fourth quarter was stupid. We don't even really deserve to make the playoffs, but we'll probably get there anywhere since the AFC is a joke. Not being able to close out a game like that is completely inexcusable. It's last year all over - so close but no dice. Close is never good enough.

If Baltimore doesn't make the playoffs and do damage in there (both of which could happen), they need to clean house. Their coaching has failed them, and their secondary is completely useless without Jimmy Smith. Had he played tonight, we probably could have won thanks to the fact our offense did fine. If we make the playoffs, we can only pray we don't get to see the Steelers or Patriots, because we will get destroyed, and our offense probably won't play that well again. This was about as hard as loss at they come. They had it in the bag and gave it away. For all the flak it rightfully gets, the offensive deserves no blame in losing this game tonight.

That's a great fan post @FoxRox !
    Gives the rest of us a sense of how the team's performance plays out with those invested in the the team.
    I watch a lot of NFL, mostly 1:00 games on Sunday, but I don't have a local team, being in a CFL market, which is where my invested fan support goes.

Watched the Browns-Packers hilites. Browns had it going on there for a while but they have no experience with closing..... successfully.
    Speaking of Browns, looks like there is good chance that Johnny Manziel may end up with CFL Hamilton Tiger Cats.
    June Jones is heaping on praise.
    Manziel will try and leverage CFL to get back to NFL
    Browns are pretty much the only team more embarrassing than the Ravens right now. Baltimore just finds a way to impossibly screw up a great setup to win. They display truly special incompetence against the Steelers. We could have beaten them two of the last 3 times if our defense hadn’t been atrocious.
    Somehow the Dolphins win over the Patriots... confused but I’m happy with it. Besides the Bears doing well, the best part of the football weekend for me. The next best things to Bears/Ravens wins are Patriots/Steelers/Packers losses.
    Somehow the Dolphins win over the Patriots... confused but I’m happy with it. Besides the Bears doing well, the best part of the football weekend for me. The next best things to Bears/Ravens wins are Patriots/Steelers/Packers losses.

and in typical Tom Brady fashion - he walks off the field after a loss, looking like he's going to cry, while not once walking across to congratulate the other team... he's only gracious in victory..
    @haserot so true. Even something a Ravens and Steelers fan can agree on. Screw the Patriots.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"

and in typical Tom Brady fashion - he walks off the field after a loss, looking like he's going to cry, while not once walking across to congratulate the other team... he's only gracious in victory..
    I can certainly respect Brady and his team's skill (their comeback in that Super Bowl game with the Falcons was the closest thing to divine intervention I've ever witnessed) but he certainly has a poor attitude and isn't a humble gentleman in loss. He's very quick to shouting out people he should show more respect to, but when he acts like a hot-headed child he's a big enough deal that everyone just makes excuses for him ("He's just passionate"/"He's competitive, that's how winners are!") when you know that if less liked or less famous quarterbacks did the same thing they'd be criticized as being poor leaders and role models for kids. I've never seen apologists in sports as strongly as those who live and die by Tom Brady and at times it's nauseating. Double-standards aren't cool and I don't care how many rings you have: if you're a dick, you're a dick.

We also share a name, which makes me angry too because when sports fans say, "How about Brady?" or "Did you see what Brady did?" I instantly think I'm being talked about. ;)
    I don’t care much about Brady’s success. I find it hard to congratulate someone with such an awful attitude and probably a cheater.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I don’t care much about Brady’s success. I find it hard to congratulate someone with such an awful attitude and probably a cheater.
    The sad thing is all the scamming/cheating that goes beyond what you hear with the Patriots in the sport. I takes a lot out of watching a sport when you know some of the things teams resort to and with every Patriot victory, for example, you always have to wonder if it was won the right way. There's too much cheating in major sports for me to ever bother with them. What's the point?

As I've said many times before, the psychology of sports and the mob-like religious wars that spawn from them are the most fascinating aspect to me as it says a lot about the human mind.
    On days like yesterday I wish I didn’t care about sports haha.
    Missed opportunity for the Seahawks at the weekend to make ground on the Rams. Fair play to the Jags though!
    Pains me to say it, but the Steelers seem like the most likely team to win the Super Bowl this year. Ben, Bell, and Brown are all better than ever, and Boswell is nearly as great as Justin Tucker. They will also be playing with the emotional motivation of Ryan Shazier's injury (may he recover as well as possible; that goes beyond just football). This sucks as a Ravens fan, but I think it is probably their year.
    @FoxRox.. i still think it'll be the Patriots - i hate saying that.. but unless Ben and the Steelers have a Manning moment, the Patriots always have our number when it comes down to crunch time.
    @haserot Something is different about this year’s Steelers I think. They are very tough. They are motivated. They have impressed me more than the Patriots have thus far. Steelers play in a tougher division. Patriots could do it again (which would SUCK), but they are not as good as last year. Jaguars could be a good dark horse contender. Titans, Ravens unlikely to do much I don’t think. Chargers maybe?

On the NFC side, the Seahawks, Vikings, Saints, Rams, and Panthers all look really good. Eagles have lots of uncertainty right now. I’ll go ahead and predict Steelers over Vikings in the next Super Bowl.
    ah, a rematch of Super Bowl IX?... I'll take it..

more than just wanting to win #7.. I really want this win for Tomlin.. he catches a lot of flack from from people, even some Steelers fans - that call him a "lame duck", he was only able to win with Cowher's team, not his own.. a Super Bowl win with this team would cement his legacy forever in Steelers lore.. it already should be - but I feel like he just needs to silence doubters.. yes, he did get handed the keys to a Corvette when he was hired (since Cowher retired for family reasons).. but Tomlin was a good steward - he took that team to 2 Super Bowls, won 1 of them.. then had to steer the ship through a transition and rebuild, and he's brought this team back to where they are now.. he deserves a lot of credit for that.
    I think a Steelers win would be a great send-off for Ben, as there has been talk from what I've heard that this may be his last year as QB. It'd be great to see him be able to pull a Manning, going out on the ultimate high.