the NFL thread

Comments

• edited December 2017 Posts: 12,243
    Let’s all hope Tomlin can accomplish it staying out of bound :)
    I've got no problem rooting for Brady. He's easily my favourite quarterback to watch over the last decade plus.
    As for Deflategate I could care less. The truth of pro-sport is that the brinksmanship and bending and twisting of rules, done by players and coaches over the decades has become the of stuff legend and much thigh-slapping story telling.
    Sports people love these yarns.
    I think Goodell looked like an officious ass trying to prosecute this stupidity through the U.S court system.
    Needless to say, I am not pleased with the extension he was granted.
    Ideal Superbowl would be the Jerry Jones Cowboys versus Brady's Patriots.
    You could dub it the FUG Bow, ie the FU Goodell Bowl. I know, that's weak, but Goodell haters would sure love it.

Anyway, I'm hoping Tyrod and the Bills might find their form Sunday.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    Super Bowl Sunday is my 3rd favorite holiday of the year but i could never watch a New England-Dallas Super Bowl.
    Super Bowl Sunday is my 3rd favorite holiday of the year but i could never watch a New England-Dallas Super Bowl.

As long as Goodell remains in charge, I think it's the ultimate.
    But once he's gone, I don't care anymore.
    I sure would love to see the Lions in the Superbowl with Matt Stafford. Next to Brady and maybe Russel Wilson, he's the quarterback I most like watching.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    I wouldn't mind Detroit in the Super bowl but they'd have to win a playoff game first
    Massive game for my Seahawks against the Rams today! Hopefully a much needed win for should I believe take us above them in conference head to heads?
    Ravens escape Cleveland with the W. You just never know; no game is a given. Hopefully they can salvage the season and make the playoffs.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    The mood in my house is EXTREMELY hostile right now, and my Pitts fans parents are not in the mood for talking about it. The second I heard my mom cheering for that final touchdown pass I knew that the Patriots would somehow court the angels and bullshit their way to another victory with a lenience from the refs that would be received by no other team in the league. After seeing that Falcons game, I never believe anything until the clock ticks down to the end as it truly isn't over until it's over. Really glad I didn't watch the whole game, and only caught the less three minutes when I heard the emotional calamity out in my living room.
    The mood in my house is EXTREMELY hostile right now, and my Pitts fans parents are not in the mood for talking about it. The second I heard my mom cheering for that final touchdown pass I knew that the Patriots would somehow court the angels and bullshit their way to another victory with a lenience from the refs that would be received by no other team in the league. After seeing that Falcons game, I never believe anything until the clock ticks down to the end as it truly isn't over until it's over. Really glad I didn't watch the whole game, and only caught the less three minutes when I heard the emotional calamity out in my living room.

I never celebrate any wins for my teams until the final second has ticked away. I know better by now.
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    Skol
    @007Blofeld congratulations. I picked the Vikings to represent the NFC in the Super Bowl.
  • WillardWhyteWillardWhyte Midnight Society #ProjectMoon
    wow Patriots wining on another controversial call...you don't say....Go Bills!
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I would like to think that, if Pittsburgh and New England traded places, the refs would've ruled that pass as incomplete for the Patriots too...but I just don't believe that as much as I wish I did.

@haserot, wherever you are out there, I feel for you.
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    I would like to think that, if Pittsburgh and New England traded places, the refs would've ruled that pass as incomplete for the Patriots too...but I just don't believe that as much as I wish I did.

@haserot, wherever you are out there, I feel for you.

Lol.. Thanks..

It was a bs call.. IMO he caught it, made a football move to extend the ball over the goal line.. Once the ball breaks the plane - its a TD (based on what I said above)... If the roles were reversed and that was a NE reciever, they would've ruled it a TD no doubt about it... I had never been so livid.. That damn team gets every break imaginable from the refs.
    The Raiders just lost to the worst rule in football. Wow. The touchback fumble rule.
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    FoxRox wrote: »
    The Raiders just lost to the worst rule in football. Wow. The touchback fumble rule.

Nah that's far from the worst rule.... They weren't screwed like the Steelers were.
    @haserot They were both awful. Of course the Steelers one hurts more for a Steelers fan. You are still guaranteed playoffs at least.
    I want that guaranteed first round bye tho lol... Ideally home field - especially if we have to play the Pats again.. But I'll take the bye.
    Maybe it's best this way? If Browne gets back to health and the Steelers get to play the Patriots in New England and win, embarrassing them in their own city, that would almost be better than if Pitt won in their home town.
    Yeah. I’m just so used to the Patriots always snatching the top seed. Titans look like they might crumble and miss playoffs...
  • edited December 2017 Posts: 4,622
    Still on pace for an FU Goodell SuperBowl.
    Steelers burned twice.
    The gunslinger Jesse James did have control of the ball. Officials blew it
    And Ben throws the ball away.
    Brady and Pats clinch

Elsewhere, Derrick Carr fumbles. Jerry Jones and Cowboys still have life!

My Bills are still very much alive too (8-6). Tyrod no worse for wear. Fish squished!
    Yes, I have adopted Bills as my team for this year.
    They're kind of the local team, and they do need some love.
    But as long as Goodell is around, they line up behind the Pats, unless they can find a way to p.o.
    the blowhard commish too!
    I have something of a soft spot for the Bills; I was born closest to that area of all the NFL teams. That being said, when they get in the way of the Ravens, I have to root against them. It’s possible both can make the playoffs though if the Titans keep losing.
  • As a Patriots fan, I find all the animosity voiced here endearing, but more than anything it makes me appreciate what we have. This streak of domination and success is nearly unparalleled in the NFL, or in any sport for that matter. That said, I know there will come a day when Tom and Bill will no longer be a part of the team, and then we will be just another team like the rest of you guys.
    Playoff Seeding Predictions:

AFC:
    1. New England Patriots (13-3)
    2. Pittsburgh Steelers (13-3)
    3. Jacksonville Jaguars (12-4)
    4. Kansas City Chiefs (10-6)
    5. Baltimore Ravens (10-6)
    6. Los Angeles Chargers (9-7) (just realized they would have a tiebreaker over Buffalo...)

NFC:
    1. Philadelphia Eagles (13-3)
    2. Minnesota Vikings (12-4)
    3. Las Angeles Rams (12-4)
    4. New Orleans Saints (12-4)
    5. Carolina Panther (11-5)
    6. Atlanta Falcons (10-6)
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Go Saints! They had a great eight game winning streak where they were playing solid football in all areas of the game. Over the past few weeks they’ve had some tough injuries on the defense and have been playing sloppy ball. With Drew Brees there’s always optimism but they need to get healthier and play cleaner games.
  • WillardWhyteWillardWhyte Midnight Society #ProjectMoon
    As a Patriots fan, I find all the animosity voiced here endearing, but more than anything it makes me appreciate what we have. This streak of domination and success is nearly unparalleled in the NFL, or in any sport for that matter. That said, I know there will come a day when Tom and Bill will no longer be a part of the team, and then we will be just another team like the rest of you guys.

The real question though...bandwagon fan???
  • edited December 2017 Posts: 12,243
    I do get suspicious when I see fans sprout up for a team that starts having success, but I never assume. I’m a fan of Chicago and Baltimore sports, and when the Cubs did well, someone in my family was accused of being a bandwagoner when they wore a Cubs shirt (close family also likes Chicago sports). Never assume.
    As a Patriots fan, I find all the animosity voiced here endearing, but more than anything it makes me appreciate what we have. This streak of domination and success is nearly unparalleled in the NFL, or in any sport for that matter. That said, I know there will come a day when Tom and Bill will no longer be a part of the team, and then we will be just another team like the rest of you guys.

I hope they roll thru the playoffs too. Belichicks take downs of excessively verbose reporters are great too.
    I am a bandwagon Pat's fan. It's all about Brady, Gronk, Coach, the owner too. I like this gang.
    When they move on, the Pats won't interest me as much.

@FoxRox
    Well thought-out predictions. It could very well all play out that way. If so, to I do think the Falcons will again be a team to watch.
    edited December 2017 Posts: 4,385
    Atlanta has tough sledding their last 2 weeks. I struggle to see them winning out. But even if they lose out and Dallas wins both of theirs, Atlanta will still be in due to head to head win I believe. Nevermind I forgot Atlanta has to win at least one . The real wild card will be Detroit. They have two winnable games in front of them. I do see Dallas winning out because Seattle isn't Seattle anymore and Philadelphia may have everything wrapped up by Monday night
    Ravens Special Teams > every other part about the Ravens.