the NFL thread

Comments

And the Ravens just squeak by the Colts. Wow that could have been more fun. That kind of play in the playoffs won't cut it at all.
    Chuffed we bet the Cowboys at the weekend! Still in with a good shout of the playoffs going into the final weekend!!
    @RogueAgent good luck to us this weekend. Our teams might need it haha.
    FoxRox wrote: »
    @RogueAgent good luck to us this weekend. Our teams might need it haha.
    Yep! Your not wrong there! Lol!
    Ravens are the new Bills. Miss playoffs with a 97% chance of making it. Worthless. They need to start fresh like the Bears too.
  • edited January 2018 Posts: 12,265
    Extended rant:

The Harbaugh-Flacco era has to end. It’s just not cutting it. The last two years have been the epitome of mediocrity. Defense is good you say? No; a good defense doesn’t blow it time after time like the Ravens did these last two years. Flacco has his moments, but he is far too inconsistent to be trusted, let alone “elite.” Also no reliable receivers at all. And an inconsistent running game. Three years and no playoffs after making it 6/7 years for Harbaugh is just inexcusable. I’m glad our defensive coordinator is retiring; he led defenses that specialized in getting your hopes up but blowing leads.

The Ravens used to know how to deliver in the clutch. They have become some of the biggest choke artists in the NFL the last couple of years.!Everything went quickly downhill after a decent 2014 season. They need new leadership and philosophies to get back to winning. I’d write something like this about my other team (Bears), but I’d waste the rest of my night writing.
  • WillardWhyteWillardWhyte Midnight Society #ProjectMoon
    Thank you Cincy! Go Bills!!!
    Gutted my boys messed up in the final game at home. Never mind. Start the rebuild for next season!
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    Gutted my boys messed up in the final game at home. Never mind. Start the rebuild for next season!

Good attitude. Wish I could be as optimistic about the Ravens. They aren’t learning from their same mistakes and don’t seem to be changing besides a new defensive coordinator. They are stuck in mediocrity until they get serious about changing.

Good attitude. Wish I could be as optimistic about the Ravens. They aren’t learning from their same mistakes and don’t seem to be changing besides a new defensive coordinator. They are stuck in mediocrity until they get serious about changing.

Like me FoxRox their is always Bond to keep us going! Lol!

Like me FoxRox their is always Bond to keep us going! Lol!

Oh yeah of course. Movies and games keep me going.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    edited January 2018 Posts: 4,554
    Extended rant:

The Harbaugh-Flacco era has to end. It’s just not cutting it. The last two years have been the epitome of mediocrity. Defense is good you say? No; a good defense doesn’t blow it time after time like the Ravens did these last two years. Flacco has his moments, but he is far too inconsistent to be trusted, let alone “elite.” Also no reliable receivers at all. And an inconsistent running game. Three years and no playoffs after making it 6/7 years for Harbaugh is just inexcusable. I’m glad our defensive coordinator is retiring; he led defenses that specialized in getting your hopes up but blowing leads.

The Ravens used to know how to deliver in the clutch. They have become some of the biggest choke artists in the NFL the last couple of years.!Everything went quickly downhill after a decent 2014 season. They need new leadership and philosophies to get back to winning. I’d write something like this about my other team (Bears), but I’d waste the rest of my night writing.

@FoxRox
    This just in: the secret playoff committee has decided that the Ravens are better than the Bills and will put them in, instead, ;-)

(My little dig at college football)
    TripAces wrote: »
    Extended rant:

@FoxRox
    This just in: the secret playoff committee has decided that the Ravens are better than the Bills and will put them in, instead, ;-)

Haha very funny. I harbor no ill will against the Bills; their fans deserve a playoff berth after such a bad drought. The Ravens basically out-Billsed the Bills this year. I have no problem admitting we deserved to miss the playoffs.
  • WillardWhyteWillardWhyte Midnight Society #ProjectMoon
    Extended rant:

@FoxRox

That would happen if it were the Patriots though.
    Extended rant:

@FoxRox

That would happen if it were the Patriots though.

Probably true. If there’s anything a Bills and Ravens fan could agree on it’s the Patriots.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I know a lot of people (including many in this very thread) who are quite happy tonight. A well deserved and historic win for the already historic city of Philadelphia.

That sack to fumble by Graham and his teammate (never saw who it was) was an instantly viral moment that had me in stitches, just to see Tom's face as he was throwing a ball not there and the time he spent on the ground like a kid who'd lost track of their parent. Then the final two minutes of the game where he threw to players who weren't there and generally choked under pressure. It was great that Philly won, but they also made Tom embarrass himself through the winning, and that is a big bonus.
  • I am 100% sure than James Bond hates the Patriots.
    Very happy for the Eagles; as well-earned a victory as they come. I am super glad the Patriots lost; so nice to see them go down for a change.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    STLCards3 wrote: »
    I am 100% sure than James Bond hates the Patriots.
    He's probably already cross that the game is called football when feet are used about 3% of the time. And that we call his football "soccer" (I agree with him on this one).
    Sure was! Happiest I could be for a team that isn’t mine!
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    edited February 2018 Posts: 9,020
    Well what do you know. I had to get to 43 to finally appreciate the Super Bowl and all the brouhaha around it. It couldn't have come at a better moment, helped me to get through the night.
    Three cheers! to the Eagles!
    Really chuffed the Eagles won the Superbowl last night! FANTASTIC !!!!!!
    Unsurprisingly, Brady apparently didn’t bother to shake hands with Nick Foles and simply stormed off the field.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/nfl/article-5352339/amp/FIVE-THINGS-MISSED-Super-Bowl.html#scso=uid_Y6p4WuDwGMfEjwOr6L2wCQ_1:0
    Great superbowl last night. Always fun staying up for it, couldn't do every week though.
    Once a year I take the effort watching a American "Football" game and as such this years Superbowl was very entertaining. Only the halftime show was so so, Timberlake did not bare anything.
    Happy to see the Ravens are FINALLY thinking about the future after years of mediocrity. Get Flacco out of here if he doesn’t deliver this year. Harbaugh may have to go with him too.
    Flyers, Sixers, Phillies, and Eagles fan here! I know Philly fans don't have the best reputation but hey these are my teams. Our underdog Eagles (without our star QB Carson Wentz no less) beat Brady and the much-hated Patriots and as you can imagine it was wild here in Philly!!

Now that my Flyers are out (they slept through 2 games against the Pens, then gave them a fight the next 2) I'm really excited about the Sixers. We just eliminated Miami Heat and we're on fire right now! We went into the playoffs with a 16-game winning streak!! Our players just have amazing synergy right now. Embiid and Simmons are just incredible! I'm positive we will win the East. Of course Golden State Warriors in the West will be a challenge.

Even the Phillies are doing good. It's exciting to be a Philly fan right now! Not all of us are beer-throwing scuzzballs. Some of us are rather classy :) After all, some of us are Bond fans.

Cheers, all!
    Being a Ravens and Bears fan delivered plenty of interesting emotions yesterday.

The Ravens-Bills score basically spoke for itself (47-3 Ravens win). The Ravens had the most dominant and complete performance I’ve seen from them in a long time, with Flacco looking sharp and his new receiving corp proving to be a more promising bunch this time. The defense held up their end of the bargain and nearly had a shutout. Of course, the Bills are supposed to be one of the year’s weakest teams, and it’s only the first week, so getting ahead of myself would be foolish. The Ravens had a good start to last year too, but it did not carry through enough of the year. Maybe, just maybe, they’ll have enough firepower to get back to the playoffs. If not, I’m all for some big shakeups.

The Bears-Packers game, while not having the highest stakes ever, was still as bitter a loss as they come. 20-0 lead blown; a tale of completely different halves, the first showing the Bears looking energetic and poised to win, the second showing they had completely run out of gas on both sides of the ball and really couldn’t make anything significant enough happen. They had their chances to close the game, but in true Bears fashion, they found a neat way to lose. 24-23. I can only dream one day they learn how to beat their biggest rival again, but with Aaron Rodgers always doing his thing (sidenote: I’m sick of hearing how “shocking” or “surprising” it is when Rodgers completes a comeback; if you’ve watched a season from him, you should expect it, not be surprised) and the Bears finding ways to screw it up, I just can’t count on that anytime soon. Perhaps they’ll have better luck in the coming weeks. I think they’re still at least a year away from any serious contention though.

In the end, the day had some surprises and some unsurprising things. The Buccaneers upsetting the Saints and the Steelers and Browns tying were certainly two of the oddest results of the day. Anyway, for better and worse, NFL is finally back.
    Hoping my Seahawks get a result tonight! Out of whack at the minute as so many things going on I have not really spent much time keeping an eye on it.
    @RogueAgent grrr you play my Bears tomorrow! Hope it’s a good game!