New Aston Martin DB11: James Bond's New Ride? - Everything Aston Martin

Comments

Well Aston Martin doing it again yes DBS is coming back & Vanquish goes again. Is going to be DBS then Vanquish 3 then DBS 5 in the future? You might had read it in Auto Express & Autocar.
    http://media.astonmartin.com/an-iconic-name-for-the-ultimate-flagship-dbs-is-back
    Well I finally got from the official Aston Martin Website.
    Can I just say one thing? The DB11 start makes me shiver and cry all at the same time. So gorgeous.

I also love Jorrit's Union Flag shoes. I haven't a clue what he's saying except when he mentions Bond titles and AM models. But I don't care. The DB11 is so pretty.
    It look like first time Aston Martin has top up their range DB11 AMR is the top range only with V12 engine.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Well that's one way to make the distinction - vanquish - dbs- vanquish - dbs superleggara - vanquish superl...?

Must say though, close by somebody owns the last Virage. It's a stunningly beautiful car, even there wasn't a market between the DB9 and DBS.
    This ruined Aston Martin could be yours for £50K

AAxDsPY.img?h=416&w=799&m=6&q=60&u=t&o=f&l=f

Dilapidated DB2 set to sell at UK auction

Leave a car to rust away in the garage and, chances are, it’ll be good for little but scrap and sentiment. Not so with an early Aston Martin.

Take this DB2 from 1951: it’ll need a total overhaul before it’s roadworthy, and yet it’s still expected to fetch upwards of £40,000 (US$54,000) when it goes to auction with Bonhams on 2 June.

Aston Martin launched the DB2 at the New York Motor show in 1950, off the back of a successful showing for the pre-production model at the Le Mans 24 Hours.

The renowned British marque, now under David Brown’s control, would go on to build a total of 411 of the two-seat sports car before production ceased three years later.

AAxDgcJ.img?h=416&w=799&m=6&q=60&u=t&o=f&l=f

AAxDuV8.img?h=416&w=799&m=6&q=60&u=t&o=f&l=f

AAxDaWq.img?h=416&w=799&m=6&q=60&u=t&o=f&l=f

Looks doomed to me,but what do I know ?
    Somebody call Mike Brewer and Edd China ! They might make something of this heap of mud.
  • brinkeguthriebrinkeguthrie Piz Gloria
    'i told you to bring it back in one piece, not bring back one piece.'
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    I'll take it!
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    I’d probably buy a used DB9 before I bought that one, but it would be fun to put a Chevy LS V8 from a Corvette in it! Make that old thing fly!
    79f04c8a901957bdc98745b23af1fdb3.jpg
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    I think one day I’ll be getting myself a DB4 GT Zagato. But, that’s far in the future. :))
    220adebd83aa319bf83da9c011cdda14.jpg
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    I have a copy of a brochure that uses that photo. Or at least one from the same session.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    In two years' time this DB2 will look brand new. Yes, it can (and most likely will) be restored. put in another 100k and she'll be worth 400.
    http://www.classicandsportscar.com/news/james-bonds-goldeneye-db5-set-ps12m-sale?utm_medium=EMAIL&utm_campaign=ENews Bulletins&utm_content=CLAS ENews Digest 23 May 2018 (23.05.2018)::Hyperlink_20180116_175007319&utm_source=20180523

For would-be James Bonds, owning an Aston Martin has long been the easiest way to imitate the world’s most famous spy. This July, though, one lucky bidder will be able to go one better and buy Bond’s actual DB5.

Yes, come 13 July, the very model used by Pierce Brosnan in 1995’s Goldeneye will be going up for auction at the Goodwood Festival of Speed.

Fancy yourself as an international bidder of mystery? You'll need to be a rich one too, because it's expected to make at least £1.2m.

Great postcard photo of the DB2 there next to a TWA jet....simple days.
    barryt007 wrote: »

Great postcard photo of the DB2 there next to a TWA jet....simple days.

You could also conclude the car runs on kerosine or avgas, meaning you need to refuel at airports rather then petrol stations...
    barryt007 wrote: »
    This ruined Aston Martin could be yours for £50K

AAxDsPY.img?h=416&w=799&m=6&q=60&u=t&o=f&l=f

Dilapidated DB2 set to sell at UK auction

Leave a car to rust away in the garage and, chances are, it’ll be good for little but scrap and sentiment. Not so with an early Aston Martin.

Take this DB2 from 1951: it’ll need a total overhaul before it’s roadworthy, and yet it’s still expected to fetch upwards of £40,000 (US$54,000) when it goes to auction with Bonhams on 2 June.

Aston Martin launched the DB2 at the New York Motor show in 1950, off the back of a successful showing for the pre-production model at the Le Mans 24 Hours.

The renowned British marque, now under David Brown’s control, would go on to build a total of 411 of the two-seat sports car before production ceased three years later.

AAxDgcJ.img?h=416&w=799&m=6&q=60&u=t&o=f&l=f

AAxDuV8.img?h=416&w=799&m=6&q=60&u=t&o=f&l=f

AAxDaWq.img?h=416&w=799&m=6&q=60&u=t&o=f&l=f

Looks doomed to me,but what do I know ?

I am sure someone will purchase it and bring the ole girl back to her best!
    Just went on Cracked, and in this article :

cracked.com/article_25384_5-hilariously-overpriced-household-objects-rich-morons.html

I found this :

660707_v2.jpg

Yes, it's an Aston Martin :

660706_v2.jpg

Probagbly what Bond was driven in during his baby years.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    It's been in the family for quite a while, then. ;)
    The only Aston Martin you can get for $5000.
    Can I have it?
    If I'd known that... I would've certainly.. bought the all terrain master-buggy we bought for our little one. Still thinking of adding a V12 6 litre to it though...
    This just in,very very interesting :

Legendary 1964 Aston Martin driven by Sean Connery in Goldfinger 'is found in the Middle East' more than 20 years after it was stolen - and could now be worth up to £10million

Legendary Aston Martin driven by James Bond in Goldfinger could have been found more than twenty years after it was stolen from a Florida airport.

The 1964 DB5 - which was equipped with machine guns and tyre-bursting blades for Sean Connery's 007 - could have been found in the Middle East, according to a tip given to investigators.

It was stolen in 1997 while its owner, who bought it in 1986 for $250,000, had it in an airport hangar in Boca Raton.

AAz5gKT.img?h=445&w=634&m=6&q=60&o=f&l=f

Now Art Recovery International, which was hired by an insurance company to find the DB5, could be on the verge of retrieving the car, The Sunday Telegraph reports.

Christopher Marinello, Art Recovery's chief executive, said: 'I have been given a specific tip, but we are working on it.

'We want to reach out to [the] collector car community and [a] vast array of mechanics to let them know we are very serious about recovering it.'

It is not known where specifically in the Middle East the car is believed to be stored.

A six-figure cash reward is being offered for information that leads to its safe return.

Marinello added: 'As there are many Aston Martins, it is very important that we get a shot of the chassis number, dp/216/1. This is what we are looking for, as it is very specific to the vehicle.'

He said this is necessary because the car in the Middle East could be a 'mere lookalike' rather than the real thing.

It is estimated that the car - known as the 'most famous in the world' after the Bond classic hit cinemas in 1964 - could now be worth as much as £10 million.

How cool a job that must be to travel the globe tracking down James Bond’s stolen Aston Martin.
    Beautiful.
  • edited June 2018 Posts: 11,425
    I was cycling into work this morning and spotted D Beckham driving round central London in a vintage AM. It was making a right racket. It was a DB6 I am guessing by the flat rear end.
    Getafix wrote: »
    I was cycling into work this morning and spotted D Beckham driving round central London in a vintage AM. It was making a right racket. It was a DB6 I am guessing by the flat rear end.

Not my favourite footballer, but you can't argue his taste in vehicles!
    Getafix wrote: »

A good racket, or a “something has gone wrong” racket?
    A good racket.