New Aston Martin DB11: James Bond's New Ride? - Everything Aston Martin

Comments

• brinkeguthriebrinkeguthrie Piz Gloria
    Agent7F wrote: »
    Aston Martin has unveiled their latest hypercar. The Valkyrie
    https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/motor-shows-geneva-motor-show/aston-martin-valkyrie-specs-details-pricing
    I don't like the looks.

I'll take it.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    Oh, wow. I'll take 25.

That is something else!!!
    Bond drives to the villain's (Rami Malek) villa, in his DB5, only to find a lime green Valkyrie parked by the door. Rolls his eyes. Enters the house.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    I don't know, I'm more a GT lover, I've never been impressed by super- or hypercars, allthough I like the tech. It's an interesting vehicle for sure.
    Something more suited for an OTT villain to stroll around, right? I think so too.
    Nice update from Little Nellie? (see 1.30 in)

• CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    AFAK the emergency services already ordered the PAL-V. Certainly would be fun to see JB fly around in it.
    Exactly what has been missing from the Craig era, some classic school boy escapism. A few bolt on machine guns, heat seeking missiles and away we go...

Aston Martin Rapide E Has anyone seen it No car Magazine is saying it going to be James Bond next 007 mobile in Bond 25??? It going to shown in Shanghai Motor show. This will be the first Aston Martin Electric Car am I right? Here the picture from Autocar
    https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/motor-shows-shanghai-auto-show/new-aston-martin-rapide-e-revealed-more-600bhp
    So is this going be his next car in Bond 25?
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    I think it's gonna be the DBX.

Another Aston Martin news the Convertible Volante version DBS Superleggera has been revealed So you order 1 for your leisure I just get the Model car of it . Autoart model cars are developing the Scale Model 1:18
    https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/industry/aston-martin-dbs-superleggera-volante-211mph-drop-top
    I think her mouth is too big....
    I think her mouth is too big....

I think it's the right size. For me that is ;)
    Agent7F wrote: »
    Another Aston Martin news the Convertible Volante version DBS Superleggera has been revealed So you order 1 for your leisure I just get the Model car of it . Autoart model cars are developing the Scale Model 1:18
    https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/industry/aston-martin-dbs-superleggera-volante-211mph-drop-top

I just called my accountant.

• edited April 2019 Posts: 11,425
    The DAD/CR/QOS Astons were better looking IMO.

Frankly I wish they'd give Aston a rest. It's become really tedious. Please no DB5 as well.

There were years when Aston didn't get a look in. I don't think Rog ever had one did he? Who cares. We certainly don't need an Aston Martin in every film. Once or twice a decade is more than enough. I was happy when they announced Aston were back after the depressing 'sell your soul' BMW years, but now it's been totally overdone.

And there's no reason he can't be seen in something else once in a while. The Toyota in YOLT is one of my favourites.
    Personally, I would like to see him return to his litterary roots and get a Bentley Continental GT.

Bentley_Continental_GT_2017_b1202-520-360.jpg?r
    I've thought that once or twice as well.

Depends on context. He needs to be driving it in the right location. Otherwise this could look absurd.

Plus Bentley has unfortunate R&B/gangster connotations these days.
    edited April 2019 Posts: 3,497
    Getafix wrote: »

Frankly I wish they'd give Aston a rest. It's become really tedious. Please no DB5 as well.

There were years when Aston didn't get a look in. I don't think Rog ever had one did he? Who cares. We certainly don't need an Aston Martin in every film. Once or twice a decade is more than enough. I was happy when they announced Aston were back after the depressing 'sell your soul' BMW years, but now it's been totally overdone.

And there's no reason he can't be seen in something else once in a while. The Toyota in YOLT is one of my favourites.

But then you'd have "true fans" moaning "WHY AINT HE DRIVING DA AM"

A Toyota? remember the backlash with the Mondeo. It's still only a movie, my boy.

The brand will be back in B25, already confirmed months ago.

When the DB5 showed up in SF, the audience in my theater was cheering.
    who wants to see the same car every time? they need to mix it up more.
    edited April 2019 Posts: 3,497
    Sigh. But I do agree that the DB5 felt a bit out of place in SP.

The new Superleggera Volante will do nicely.

But I still have the feeling that they will introduce the DBX with this movie.

Because f... the environment. ;-)
    If it has to be other than Aston Martin, the Bentley should be gunmetal gray.

If Bond gets a "rental", that's an opportunity to introduce a tricked up Silver Beast.

Saab Aero-X Concept (2006)
    cilgktbiaypqcq89gosq.jpg
    Saab 9-3 saloon
    Saab9-3.jpg
    Saab 9-3 Griffin (2012). Fun for the whole family.
    saab-9-3-griffin-2_800x0w.jpg
    2018-2019 Saab 9-4X Concept
    l8Ek9kpTURBXy85ZTczNTVhNGRkNDNlMjI3YTZiYTFhNzY1YTRiOTg0MS5qcGeSlQLNA8AAwsOVAgDNA8DCw4GhMAE
    saab-s.svg

• QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited April 2019 Posts: 13,879
    Getafix wrote: »

Spot on here. Surprisingly, we're in the minority who feel this way. Didn't mind BMW though.

I hope the AM gets minimal screen time, with zero gadgets. And for @QBranch to say this, it must mean something.
    If it has to be other than Aston Martin, the Bentley should be gunmetal gray.

If Bond gets a "rental", that's an opportunity to introduce a tricked up Silver Beast.

Saab Aero-X Concept (2006)
    cilgktbiaypqcq89gosq.jpg
    Saab 9-3 saloon
    Saab9-3.jpg
    Saab 9-3 Griffin (2012). Fun for the whole family.
    saab-9-3-griffin-2_800x0w.jpg
    2018-2019 Saab 9-4X Concept
    l8Ek9kpTURBXy85ZTczNTVhNGRkNDNlMjI3YTZiYTFhNzY1YTRiOTg0MS5qcGeSlQLNA8AAwsOVAgDNA8DCw4GhMAE
    saab-s.svg

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Saab is, was and will nver be a Bond-car. The fact that a continuation-writer got it all wrong doesn't mean the films should go the same way. Bond's car, whichever it would be, should breathe excitement, adventure, long-distance travel.

Saab breathes safety, speed limit-but can go faster!(except for the traffic)- home-to-work travel. No matter how many rockets you put under it.

The AMG SLS could've been a true contender, Bentley, Lotus, even perhaps an Alfa Romeo 8C.
    I wouldn't mind him jump in a Jag or Maserati either.
    Too bad astonmartins.com hasn't been updated for over a year. :(
    I've said it before and I'll say it again, Saab is, was and will nver be a Bond-car.
    I said a rental! Part of his cover. Upgrade from a Ford Mondeo even.
    Anybody got about 400.000 Euro I can borrow?
    This beauty is waiting for me:
    24865462-1-49.jpgtmpheadlinetop.4left.1467right.81bottom.915fillautoangle0?itok=l6jGe99c
    I've said it before and I'll say it again, Saab is, was and will nver be a Bond-car.
    I said a rental! Part of his cover. Upgrade from a Ford Mondeo even.

Bond undercover as a dentist?
    https://www.birminghampost.co.uk/business/manufacturing/aston-martin-posts-loss-despite-16278561

Aston Martin need to be part of a larger group.

Surprised one of the German carmakers hasnt gone for it to be honest.

PSA is apparently looking to buy JLR from TATA. JLR and Aston Martin are natural bedfellows - seemed to work quite well when Jag and Aston were both part of Ford.

Aston cannot survive on its own anyway.