New Aston Martin DB11: James Bond's New Ride? - Everything Aston Martin

191011121315»

Comments

• brinkeguthriebrinkeguthrie Piz Gloria
    this is a dumb question, but do you get instructions on how to assemble this?
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?

Yes, fully illustrated instructions.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada

You can also download the instructions for this or any other set from Lego’s website for free.

You can also download the instructions for this or any other set from Lego’s website for free.

really! well, I gotta go check this out. they show a little kid with this thing, but looks complex to me!

really! well, I gotta go check this out. they show a little kid with this thing, but looks complex to me!

This one is pretty complex (includes all the Goldfinger gadgets including ejector seat) and I think is labelled with a 16+ or 18+. That said, a kid would probably be able to figure it out, maybe with some help.

A new smaller one just came out yesterday as well, much simpler (and comes with a James Bond mini figure).
    well yeah, the smaller one is what I meant. looks really hard!
    Ah apologies! I thought the image posted by Gerard was you.

They are cleverly designed. If you're interested in cars at all, the whole Speed Champions line by Lego is pretty interesting, IMO. I have a set they released awhile ago of two modern Aston Martins.
  • edited May 2023 Posts: 820
    It reveal that The DB11 Successor will be revealed end of this month could be DB12 with same engine & it DB12 has been revealed
    http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/aston-martin/db12
  • ImpertinentGoonImpertinentGoon Everybody needs a hobby.
    Any thoughts on the DB12?
    https://www.astonmartin.com/models/db12
  • CharmianBondCharmianBond Pett Bottom, Kent
    Any thoughts on the DB12?
    https://www.astonmartin.com/models/db12

I don't think it's just my nostalgia, cars have gotten uglier. The DB9 had an understated elegance to it, the DB12 looks garish with its big gaping mouth.
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    I have been out of love with Aston's mainline car, the DB series, for a while now. I didnt care much for the DB11 as I felt it strayed too far away from the design of the DB10, which I really like as a car. The DB12 feels like a continuation of that - it looks big, it looks heavy, bulky.

I much more prefer the Vantage, which is more directly based on the DB10. Lean and mean, angular, a much better looking car in my opinion.

The DB12 is expected to be £200,000 plus. A new Vantage is £130,000 (both starting prices). For £70k less, I think its a way better buy. Not that I can buy one....
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited June 2023 Posts: 14,861
    I would quite like to see a genuinely elegant Aston again: I think the DB10 showed a path they should have gone down. Even the Vantage looked a bit trashy compared to that, I think.

But then again, I'm not actually one of their customers, so perhaps they know what the people actually stumping the cash up want best! :)
    Another new Aston Martin is a 2 seater Manuel only exotic car called Valour for the 110 year anniversary. Here what is look like
    https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/astonmartin/360627/new-aston-martin-valour-unveiled-celebrate-brands-110-year-annivesry
    Should it be next James Bonds car in Bond 26?
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Agent7F wrote: »
    Another new Aston Martin is a 2 seater Manuel only exotic car called Valour for the 110 year anniversary. Here what is look like
    https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/astonmartin/360627/new-aston-martin-valour-unveiled-celebrate-brands-110-year-annivesry

I think so, but it probably comes too early.

My thoughts are still out on the DB12. Haven't seen it in real life, and that cetainly changes the experience.
    Saw my first DB11 on the autobahn and tbh, in battleship grey (however Bondian) it didn't really look good. Then again, I'm no fan of those boring colours.

The most elegant of all to my min is the 2012 virage, but I guess people could hardly see the difference between it and the db9.
    Agent7F wrote: »

I think so, but it probably comes too early.

My thoughts are still out on the DB12. Haven't seen it in real life, and that cetainly changes the experience.
    Saw my first DB11 on the autobahn and tbh, in battleship grey (however Bondian) it didn't really look good. Then again, I'm no fan of those boring colours.

The most elegant of all to my min is the 2012 virage, but I guess people could hardly see the difference between it and the db9.

NICE ride. 110 units, costing more than £1million each. Yikes.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Seems especially expensive when you realise it's not accurate to the one in GF. No surprise there.