New Aston Martin DB11: James Bond's New Ride? - Everything Aston Martin

Comments

Aston Martin now working on the V12 version of the Vantage again. It will be release in 2023 or 24.
    Agent7F wrote: »
    Aston Martin now working on the V12 version of the Vantage again. It will be release in 2023 or 24.
    IF there is going to be V12 Aston Martin Vantage well it coming soon I got the email. I remember Daniel Craig got one real life after Skyfall let hope he get one too as his James Bond 007 retirement
  • KenAustinKenAustin United States
    IF there is going to be V12 Aston Martin Vantage well it coming soon I got the email. I remember Daniel Craig got one real life after Skyfall let hope he get one too as his James Bond 007 retirement

I thought it was cool that Brosnan was given one like the one he drove in DAD, it should definitely be a tradition to gift one to any actor that plays the character more than once
  • brinkeguthriebrinkeguthrie Piz Gloria
    $246K. Not kidding.
    DHFCKeu.jpg
    KenAustin wrote: »

I thought it was cool that Brosnan was given one like the one he drove in DAD, it should definitely be a tradition to gift one to any actor that plays the character more than once

They gave Brosnan one after DAD ? Was it a gag ?
    "Here you go, Pierce ! An Aston Martin out of our gratitude !"
    "Ummm, where is it ? I don't see a thing."
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    I would like to show some love for the old Lagonda.

Aston-Martin-Lagonda-1011.jpg?resize=980:*

It might be one of those Marmite cars, but I have always thought that it is one of the coolest looking cars of all time.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited March 2022 Posts: 14,951
    Yeah, it's pretty cool.
    Since62 wrote: »

No there were a few photos of him out and about driving it. I dunno, is a bit naff to be James Bond and drive his car around?
    I think it was destroyed when his house burnt down.
    mtm wrote: »
    Yeah, it's pretty cool.

No there were a few photos of him out and about driving it. I dunno, is a bit naff to be James Bond and drive his car around?

DAD, remember ?
    Invisible Aston ? "We call it the Vanish."
    Yeah...that was my reference...wow...tough room.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    I understood the joke, I just thought you were asking a question as well so I tried to answer it for you.
    Tough room indeed...
  • George_KaplanGeorge_Kaplan Not a red herring
    Yeah, it's pretty cool.

Craig has one as well doesn't he? I agree it is a bit weird. Enough of us try to emulate Bond in real life, so when a Bond actor appears to do it, it makes them seem a bit obsessive.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    I'm sure I heard Craig say that he doesn't have one; I think it may have been offered or he said he'd like one but he felt it would be a bit weird for him to drive around in one.
    I'm sure I heard Craig say that he doesn't have one; I think it may have been offered or he said he'd like one but he felt it would be a bit weird for him to drive around in one.

I thought I remembered him being asked in a Q&A session a few years ago if he had taken anything away from being James Bond and he said there's a garage somewhere with an Aston Martin in it.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    I thought Aston gifted a DBS to him, with the interior styled to his liking. Did that not happen?
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    They gave him a blue Vanquish, and he auctioned it off to charity a few years later.
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    edited March 2022 Posts: 2,056
    jake24 wrote: »
    They gave him a blue Vanquish, and he auctioned it off to charity a few years later.

Yep.

https//www.christies.com/features/Christies-to-auction-Daniel-Craig-Aston-Martin-8888-3.aspx

Sold for £334,000.00
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Did he ever drive it is the question! :)
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Did he ever drive it is the question! :)

1100 miles, to be exact. And he's allowed to have fun with Astons on aa test-track.
    https://celebanswers.com/does-daniel-craig-own-an-aston-martin/
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    So he barely did then! :)
    Continuity error; never noticed that grill badge until now. Oops.

C0v0cgF.jpg
    Continuity error; never noticed that grill badge until now. Oops.

C0v0cgF.jpg

How is that a continuity error?
    edited March 2022 Posts: 1,400
    Badge not on car later
    bYA4gfR.png
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    They did have two DB5s on set for that because of the boot lid I guess: there’s a photo around of them both there.
    If it’s continuity you’re worried about, don’t look at the side repeater on the car in Goldfinger! :)
    yeah the side was dented; I had read it was damaged driving it from point to point on the set by some kid assistant- but the BOND CARS book said it was damaged being transported during filming. So who knows.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    The dent yes, but I mean the side repeater indicator which only one car has.

Well I read Evo uk magazine it believe Aston Martin will reveal the V12 Vantage next week 16 March
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Really? I thought they wouldn’t do another of those, that’s interesting.

Well I read Evo uk magazine it believe Aston Martin will reveal the V12 Vantage next week 16 March

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/new-aston-martin-v12-vantage-brings-690bhp-track-focus

Now @KenAustin see Autocar what do think of it.
  • edited March 2022 Posts: 5,808
    This sunday, I was coming back from eating in Brest, when I saw that in an optics store window :

10262.jpg?fit=bounds&format=jpg&quality=80&width=1500&height=1500&dpr=1

Surprising, isn't it ?