Another Malaysian Airlines jet (MH17) has crashed !!!

13»

Comments

• NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    I have moved this from News (which is for Bond news) into General Discussions.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    This man was supposed to be on both of the doomed Malaysian flights, but switched his reservation at the last minute. Unbelievable.

http://news.yahoo.com/cyclist-malaysia-airlines-cheats-death-twice-mh370-mh17-172556012.html
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    edited July 2014 Posts: 17,691
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Holy crap. He won the sweepstakes twice. What are the freakin' odds??? Must be a trip to the humility corner for him. Like when Jackie Chan's movie "Nosebleed"s first shooting day at the World Trade Center was pushed back a month from September 11th, 2001... :-O
  • Whether or not Ukraine or Russia is responsible, it isn’t important right now. The thing that must be done ASAP is to let professional investigators in on the crash site (investigators who will most definitely not destroy any evidence). When the result from the black box is clear, then we can start pointing fingers. Just the thought of the separatists stealing from the victims and disrespectfully just hide bodies around, makes me furious.

Man, all the events that’s going on in the world right now makes me wonder when the next World War will break out…
  • KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    Very reprehensible act by Sky News.

theguardian.com/media/2014/jul/20/sky-news-presenter-brazier-mh17-luggage-crash

Sky News has apologised profusely after one of its presenters was shown rifling through the personal belongings of a stricken passenger at the MH17 crash site.

In a live broadcast on Sunday afternoon, Sky News presenter Colin Brazier was shown picking items – including a set of keys and toothbrush – out of the opened luggage before saying: "We shouldn't really be doing this, I suppose."

The footage was met with a storm of criticism online, including media professor Joe Watson who described it as a "horrible moment for journalism" and others who accused Sky News of invading the privacy of the deceased.

BBC Sport presenter Jacqui Oatley said she was "absolutely astonished" by Brazier's actions, while BBC radio presenter Shelagh Fogarty added: "Sky!!! Get your reporter to STOP rummaging thru belongings at #mH17 crash site. "We shouldn't really be doing this" NO S**T Sherlock !! Those items are essentially sacred things now for the relatives. Just appalling."

The incident came amid concerns from air accident investigators that the MH17 crash site had been contaminated by the round-the-clock presence of armed pro-Russia separatists, locals and the international media. A coalition of investigators are expected to arrive at the site for the first time on Monday, four days after the disaster which killed all 298 people on the Malaysian Airlines aircraft when it came down near Grabovo in eastern Ukraine on Thursday.

A spokeswoman for Sky News said: "Today whilst presenting from the site of the MH17 air crash Colin Brazier reflected on the human tragedy of the event and showed audiences the content of one of the victims' bags. Colin immediately recognised that this was inappropriate and said so on air. Both Colin and Sky News apologise profusely for any offence caused."

The spokeswoman said Sky News had received "a handful" of complaints from viewers in the hours after the broadcast, which was shared hundreds of times on Twitter. Some viewers said they would take their complaints to the media regulator Ofcom for the "appalling" breach of privacy. Another Twitter user, named Shelly, said: "I have never seen something so disrespectful. Time to rethink my Sky subscription, I think."

Brazier, who was nominated for the presenter of the year award at this year's Royal Television Society Awards, later reported that he had come across scores of human remains at the site.

He said: "I've been walking around, coming across body parts all the time, many of them charred beyond recognition. Men, women and children, indeterminate frankly, you can't tell. Very often you are looking at charred spines, that's all that's left.

"There are flies. It is hot. There are stretchers lying by the roadside. They have not been used because many of the bodies were dismembered by the forces of the impact. It is a truly macabre, horrific situation. There is a degree of anarchy and lawlessness."

• edited July 2014 Posts: 1,068
    The separatists are really the lowest of the low with their truly disgusting treatment of the victims, innocent people who had no part on the war being waged in Ukraine: yet they were murdered (let's face it, this wasn't an accident, jets don't usually self explode above war zones) and left out to decompose in the summer heat.

Some of the reports I've read are truly harrowing. These victims are people's loved ones who must now feel totally enraged yet sadly powerless where governments squabble and rattle sabres yet do nothing.

It's so wrong and I'm beside myself with rage and I don't even have a direct connection to all this. I hope the demons plague Putin every time he's left to his own thoughts as he's totally culpable, even if he didn't pull the trigger.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited July 2015 Posts: 4,449
    RIP 17 July 2014 - 17 July 2015

tumblr_n96e3rcWFy1rf9hn3o1_1280.jpg