Another Malaysian Airlines jet (MH17) has crashed !!!

edited July 2014 in General Discussion Posts: 19,339
My God,i cant believe another Malaysian Airlines 777 has crashed..this time MH17 from Amsterdam to Kuala Lumpur,229 dead i hear...!!!

Comments

Its a bit co-incidental that it crashed on the Ukraine/Russian border...i think it may have been shot down by a missile .
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Crikey. That's not what anyone wants to hear. RIP to all those lost.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Well, somebody's got it out for Malaysian Airlines flights.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    I read it was indeed shot down... Terrible!
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    With the area it was flying in, it's not surprising that it was shot down. It's so sad waking up to the death of 295 people in one crash somewhere, and then I also read that an innocent woman died during a bank robbery getaway this morning. What a dark day.
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    We should hold our breath and pray for someone or something that Russia isn't involved in this. An international conflict will be immediate if that's the case.

Meanwhile, my condolences goes out to the families of the victims.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Got be gutted if you bought a load of Malaysian Airways shares just when you they'd bottomed out after the last one. Do I detect Le Chiffre's hand in all this?

I think the location pretty much confirms it was shot down - question is by whom?

It makes no sense for Ukraine to have done it as if they thought it was a Russian plane that's an act of war and you don't want to give Vlad an excuse.

Most likely it was Russia - whether it's down to ineptitude or some endgame masterplan to take over Ukraine remains to be seen.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I believe I read that both Ukranian officials and rebels have denied any hand in an attack, so my money is on the Russians.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    edited July 2014 Posts: 17,803
    Very sad that this should happen again to Malaysian Airways and most probably the Russians are behind this.
    Dragonpol wrote: »
    Very sad that this should happen again to Malaysian Airways and most probably the Russians are behind this.

Then again could be Ukrainians making people think it's the Russians to galvanise the rest of the world against them and strengthen support for Ukraine.

There's also a better than even chance that some bloke from either side was sitting dozing at his post after a bottle of vodka and just hit the fire button in error.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Then again could be Ukrainians making people think it's the Russians to galvanise the rest of the world against them and strengthen support for Ukraine.
    I don't think they'd take the chance of doing that & being nailed for it.
    But either way there will be Hell to pay.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Good Lord! According to what I can read, none have survived...
    It was hit at 33,000 feet.
    I didn't realise ground to air rockets could reach that high.

That must be some artillery the rebels have!
  • JWPepperJWPepper You sit on it, but you can't take it with you.
    At least 154 Dutch people have died today, a very, very sad day for our nation. Terrible news.

My condolences to the family and friends of the victims.
  • edited July 2014 Posts: 6,396
    6 British nationals confirmed dead so far.

Both Russia and Ukraine have blamed each other. No surprise there.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Supposedly 23 U.S. citizens; not confirmed yet ...
  • KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    Another terrible tragedy for passengers of Malaysian Airlines.

The White House is also saying that Ukraine forces did not have surface to air capabilities in that region.
    Kerim wrote: »
    The White House is also saying that Ukraine forces did not have surface to air capabilities in that region.
    "Heat seekers Dillon. Pretty sophisticated for a bunch of half-assed mountain boys..."
    If the Russians are not behind this, then I don't know who is. They've got to be stopped.
    An idiot saw a radar blip & thought to be a hero with the press of a button...
    chrisisall wrote: »
    An idiot saw a radar blip & thought to be a hero with the press of a button...

A trigger happy Russian, no doubt- probably trying to equate himself with the old Soviet "patriots". It wouldn't surprise me, considering Putin's desire to restore Russia to the once-strong USSR.
    9 British dead confirmed now.
    It's looking more and more likely that the Russians supplied the rebels with more sophisticated missile launchers - a bad mistake.
    barryt007 wrote: »
    It's looking more and more likely that the Russians supplied the rebels with more sophisticated missile launchers - a bad mistake.

2 of whom were Newcastle United fans travelling to New Zealand to watch their team's pre-season tour of the country.
    barryt007 wrote: »

2 of whom were Newcastle United fans travelling to New Zealand to watch their team's pre-season tour of the country.

I didnt know that.....such an awful incident.

• 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    The Ukranian rebels tweeted ... then deleted their tweet (about having a missile). Like no one would notice the delete. I am sure they are being "talked to" by the U.S. and Russia and Ukraine all at once now.
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    I read a transcript yesterday from a phone-call between Russian Separitists and a Russian General where basically the rebel says that they shot down the wrong aircraft (their target were supposedly a Ukrainian military transport aircraft). The rebel panicked over the fact that parts of humans fell down in the sky. The general answered simply by "They must have had spies onboard the aircraft".

That is cold.
    MrBond wrote: »
    I read a transcript yesterday from a phone-call between Russian Separitists and a Russian General where basically the rebel says that they shot down the wrong aircraft (their target were supposedly a Ukrainian military transport aircraft). The rebel panicked over the fact that parts of humans fell down in the sky. The general answered simply by "They must have had spies onboard the aircraft".

That is cold.

The guy is a general in the Russian army!! I'm guessing getting in touch with his feelings, compassion and donating money to stray animals don't feature as prominently on his CV as bombing the shit out of a Chechen village.
  • pachazopachazo Make Your Choice
    The guy is a general in the Russian army!!
    So was Koskov!
    Well this really is now a massive powder keg waiting to explode? The implications could be well and truely far reaching?!!! Condolences to all those poor families around the world.