Another Malaysian Airlines jet (MH17) has crashed !!!

Comments

Considering his son has just been blown out of the sky, this father speaks with such calm. I give him massive credit for that:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-28358968
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    edited July 2014 Posts: 17,816
    Ten British dead, mostly Dutch citizens killed, eighty children on board killed. There was a harrowing picture of charred bodies on the front of the Irish Daily Star today though nothing that that rag publishes really surprises me any more.

Pro-Russian rebels are now being blamed for the missile strike of the aeroplane. I doubt very much that any country like Russia or Ukraine was directly responsible for firing the missile given their respective countries' air traffic control. I mean what would there be to be gained in shooting down an airliner given all the tension already in the mix?

I suspect this is rather an unofficial action by the rebels and like the Daily Mail headline has it there may well be hell to pay for it. These pro-Russian rebels have went too far this time and I hope they are defeated in equally brutal fashion as it seems brutality is all they understand. Time to send in targeted drones on them, methinks, once they have been definitely linked to this atrocity.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    How much messier/sloppier can this get? (I added the bold emphasis below ...)
    Such a tragedy ...

From the BBC news website today:
    The OSCE goes on to say that access was restricted to the site, despite rebel leaders promising "full and unhindered access". It says observers saw "at least 21 bodies which had early signs of decomposition and many shown signs of burns.

... and:

The OSCE says its observer team at the site "observed a large contingent of journalists as well additional armed personnel who acted in an impolite and unprofessional manner. A visibly intoxicated armed guard fired his rifle in the air when one of the spectators walked of the prescribed area."
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    @StoneShi, I think this is hardly the thread in which we can get ironical or witty in any shape or form.
    ^^ Accidents happen sometimes, but _missiles_ don't just accidentally hit planes, do they?
  • edited July 2014 Posts: 479
    My only worry is that the thug Barack Obama will use this as an excuse to invade Ukraine, inflicting more toil on a long suffering people who deserve to live in peace. Wherever America goes, innocent people's lives are destroyed, resentment is created towards the remaining western world and the only thing that they will leave with is Oil, oh wait, that's exactly what they're going there for. The American Government is a criminal gang, marching everywhere it wants in the name of Gasoline, laying waste to cultures, lives and economies.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    No worries mate, no way we'd invade Ukraine. Obama is a lot of things, but suicidal isn't one of them.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Sammm04 wrote: »
    My only worry is that the thug Barack Obama will use this as an excuse to invade Ukraine

Considering he's laying the blame square on Russia, the odds that the US will invade Ukraine are slim.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    My only worry is that the thug Barack Obama will use this as an excuse to invade Ukraine

Considering he's laying the blame square on Russia, the odds that the US will invade Ukraine are slim.

Sorry Ukrainians but if you think the west is going to risk going toe to toe with Vlad to bail you out you're dreaming. I'm not sure how far his tanks would have to roll before we made a stand but it's certainly right across Ukraine, the Baltics and probably Poland.

The west is decadent and divided. It has no stomach for Vlad's reprisals.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    27 Australians aboard flight MH17, including a grandfather and his three grandchildren from Perth.
    http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/western-australia/malaysia-airlines-flight-mh17-connected-to-perth-flight/story-fnhocxo3-1226993410061

No matter what the nationality of these people, this should never happen. Those responsible are nothing but the scum of the earth.
    RIP to all those aboard this tragic flight.

Sorry Ukrainians but if you think the west is going to risk going toe to toe with Vlad to bail you out you're dreaming. I'm not sure how far his tanks would have to roll before we made a stand but it's certainly right across Ukraine, the Baltics and probably Poland.

The west is decadent and divided. It has no stomach for Vlad's reprisals.

When you consider that the most likely suspects are the pro- Russia rebels that want Ukraine be part of Russia I am not sure your insight makes any sense whatsoever. If anything they have left it to Putin to clean up a mess he did not foresee and would have thought twice giving the rebels such machinery to play with.
  • MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    StoneShi wrote: »
    Tuulia wrote: »
    ^^ Accidents happen sometimes, but _missiles_ don't just accidentally hit planes, do they?

We don't not know it was a missile. The flight has vanished off the face off the Earth, no black box, no trace, nowhere, no how. They say the pilot was perhaps mentally ill, other theories that it was a consipracy, all we can do is guess. My guess is a tragic accident. So let's not jump to conclusions.

You are referring to Malaysian Airlines flight MH370.

Perhaps pay attention to the title and what we are discussing next time.
    Tuulia wrote: »

We don't not know it was a missile. The flight has vanished off the face off the Earth, no black box, no trace, nowhere, no how. They say the pilot was perhaps mentally ill, other theories that it was a consipracy, all we can do is guess. My guess is a tragic accident. So let's not jump to conclusions.

Have you been keeping up with current affairs? We're not discussing the previous Malaysian flight (MH370) which disappeared.

Here, why don't you enlighten yourself with the news that everybody else has been talking about these last few days:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-28383625
    The above member @StoneChi is a well-known returning troll so please ignore his comments as he is just trying to disrupt this thread (and others).
    You're not serious asking me to believe there are two MH370s that have disappeared? Come now.

IFM this troll.
  • edited July 2014 Posts: 6,396
    StoneShi is attempting to be deliberately provocative.

Please ignore the above post and all of his comments. IFM every post he puts up and don't fall into the trap of getting caught up in his twisted game.

• edited July 2014 Posts: 1,068
    Won't there always be enough wriggle room for (admittedly debatable) deniability where it comes to the source of the missile?

Whilst the States is now saying it originated from Russia, Putin would be pretty stupid for any in/direct link to be found for the missile and that's even if the remnants of it were ever found.

Especially difficult too after half of Eastern Ukraine has marched through the wreckage and investigators have a badly compromised crime scene. Justice will always end unsatisfactorily with some individual on the ground being seen as the responsible party where they were gung-ho acting off their own bat with no idea who they were let alone who they represented.

The biggest question now is how the $ driven airlines could be so blasé about the risks of flying over a known live armed conflict zone no matter how high they thought it was safe to fly.

It's all very sad especially with such a massive needless loss of life
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    There would seem to have been some housekeeping on this thread Thankyou to whoever took out the trash .
    I think it can and will be linked to the pro-Russian rebels, despite their hasty efforts at a cover-up. They shall not succeed.
    Quite a coincidence the rebel pro Russia leader has quit and is missing somewhere in Russia. However detached and impartial you try and look at the available facts with all this, until firm evidence is proven, Putin doesn't stand too well after all of this with blood on his hands to play on his conscience.

Apart from the physical land itself, is the only strategical interest in Eastern Ukraine now primarily the pro Russian people themselves or are there any mineral / oil reserves?

The whole slide to where this stands now was Putin's forced annexation of Crimea to completely control the Black Sea fleet base once more, the original agreement a messed up fudge anyway.
  • RC7RC7
    I'm not usually one for US World Police action, but this is descending into chaos, with no one stepping in. It could do with some hard line yank ball busting because the separatists are taking the piss.
    Got be gutted if you bought a load of Malaysian Airways shares just when you they'd bottomed out after the last one. Do I detect Le Chiffre's hand in all this?

Like other's have said I find this tradgedy not a fit subject for humor in this way.

RIP all the victims of BOTH flights (how many more are there going to be before something is done about it). Me and my family will be praying for them. Christ, we still don't know what hjapppened to flight MH370.

TakeASip wrote: »
    Christ, we still don't know what hjapppened to flight MH370.

I'm wondering whether the facts of what happened to MH370 will ever come out and only remain pure speculation.

If the flight recorder only retains an hour of the flight on a loop, after the cabin depressurised and everyone perished all the recording will show is silence and the state of the systems that were capable of flying the plane until it ran out of fuel...
    edited July 2014 Posts: 12,459
    There is a separate thread for the other Malaysian airplane crash.

http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/comment/319019/#Comment_319019
    You have to imagine Malaysian Airlines as a brand, even if it is a National Carrier, cannot exist any longer!

Would anyone ever fly on their planes again with this agonising bad run of fortunes?
    You need to changer personnel, not just a brand. We need some accountability, fast.
    Its clear that in most asian countries health and safety is not number one priority. Far from it.
    You can use the edit button to add to your last post, instead of posting two separate comments in a row. Just so you know that and can get more comfortable doing that.
    Sorry I dont understand the new format of Mi6
    We have always had an edit capacity to add to our posts.
    Now it is found at the right of your text box, when you put your cursor by the word "Quote" a cog or wheel appears. Click on that and the word "edit" appears in a drop down. Click on "edit" to add to your current post, make corrections, etc.