Feedback and Suggestions V2

Comments

• 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Back now after about 10 hours. MUCH better design and layout I am seeing now, huge difference. I did not see what you all were seeing, I think. I never had the cog until now either. Everything is now listed on the far left; I like it 100% better than what I had very early this morning. Yay!
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    MI6 wrote: »
    Sandy wrote: »
    I just noticed that I don't get the number of new comments (that yellow box with "xx new") with most of the discussions. I was having the same issue with some discussion in the old layout but now it seems that most of the discussions have this issue. It's a bit difficult to keep track of new comments like that. Does anyone else have this problem?

If you have not read a topic at all the "new" flag will not appear. If you read and then return the new flag should show. This might not be the case with topics left unread from before we updated, but it should be true after.

That makes sense. There's a couple I'm pretty sure I've visited before but it must have been ages ago so I don't get the "new" flaag. Thanks for clearing this up.

I really like the new look, it's indeed very sleek.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    I went to post a comment, and some weird glitch appeared. I refreshed the page and the comment wasn't posted completely. Here is the screengrab of what I saw, if it's of any interest:

https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2929/14459168289_1db4be5939_o.jpg
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    QBranch wrote: »
    I went to post a comment, and some weird glitch appeared. I refreshed the page and the comment wasn't posted completely. Here is the screengrab of what I saw, if it's of any interest:

https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2929/14459168289_1db4be5939_o.jpg

That's also what I saw. I even commented back on it to see if you would edit it. Not sure if it saved as a draft and didn't let you finish it or what.
  • JamesPageJamesPage Administrator, Moderator, Director
    We're aware of that one. It's very very sporadic.
  • JWPepperJWPepper You sit on it, but you can't take it with you.
    edited July 2014 Posts: 512
    There's something going wrong here with the lay-out.
    (Windows 8.1 + Mozilla Firefox)
    http://oi59.tinypic.com/n6rneo.jpg
    I already emptied the cache and reloaded the page.

edit: Works fine with Internet Explorer.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    @JWPepper, that looks perfectly fine to me, sir.
  • JWPepperJWPepper You sit on it, but you can't take it with you.
    edited July 2014 Posts: 512
    DarthDimi wrote: »

The margins are not correct where the 'old' menu bar used to be.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    JWPepper wrote: »
    DarthDimi wrote: »

The margins are not correct where the 'old' menu bar used to be.

I see what you mean but it looks exactly the same here on both of my systems, (Vista and W7, both using Firefox and IE.) :-)
  • WillardWhyteWillardWhyte Midnight Society #ProjectMoon
    Thank you god for fixing the glitch not allowing to go to last post seen....this is great.
    I'm just curious but is there still no way to increase the size of the avatars on here ?
    In the profile the avatar is nice and big,its a shame the ones on the forum are so small.
    edited August 2014 Posts: 13,877
    Not sure if it's a glitch, but I can see a black dot on the left of the last two commenters avatars in this thread:

http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/151/last-tv-show-you-watched#latest

EDIT: Quite a few members have it. What does it mean?
    Not sure if it's a glitch, but I can see a black dot on the left of the last two commenters avatars in this thread:

http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/151/last-tv-show-you-watched#latest

EDIT: Quite a few members have it. What does it mean?

The section where I can post a comment on that thread (and that thread only) is stretched across the entire page, only it's grayed out and I can't type or post anything. I also see the black dots.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    The section where I can post a comment on that thread (and that thread only) is stretched across the entire page, only it's grayed out and I can't type or post anything.
    Oh yes, I see that too. I just checked to see if I can post anything, and it put my comment above the last two commenters! :O 8-}

EDIT: my comment is where it should be now. Mr. Silva playing games with us ;)
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I just noticed my post count has be reduced greatly. I was over 6000 posts but now it's been reduced greatly. It's not a problem, but I'm wondering what gives. Are old threads being deleted or something? It's just odd.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited August 2014 Posts: 13,350
    It's due to topics or discussions created from what I can see. I lost about 500 posts a couple of weeks ago and that is where my difference is made up.
    My post count was well over 5000, meaning I've lost a couple hundred or more posts.

Good work deleting all my spam so far, mods.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    edited August 2014 Posts: 17,695
    Murdock wrote: »
    I just noticed my post count has be reduced greatly. I was over 6000 posts but now it's been reduced greatly. It's not a problem, but I'm wondering what gives. Are old threads being deleted or something? It's just odd.

Yes, I've noticed this too, @Murdock. So from what @Samuel001 says it appears to be posts minus topics made. That makes sense actually, so thank you for the clarification, Samuel.
  • MI6MI6 Administrator
    When we updated we cleaned out a number of posts that related to the flags system. When you report a topic or post it adds 1 to your post count. When we clean these periodically it will reduce your count.
    Thanks for the clarification. :)
    And in doing that, it was really nice because it removed a lot of your 'Discussions.' I remember that, pre-update, my Discussions were around 100, but I created nowhere near that amount, so when the flag posts were deleted, it took away from the post count, and also from your Discussions, so it appears to reflect your true amount of Discussions now, which is very nice.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    That is quite a great feature! Thanks for the details, @MI6.
    Yes, thank you very much for the clarification on this, @MI6. It makes sense for this as a change. Keep up the good work!
    Wow, that was quick sorting those spam threads. I didn't even get a chance to flag them. Good work, guys. :)>-
    Wow, that was quick sorting those spam threads. I didn't even get a chance to flag them. Good work, guys. :)>-

@Christartos strikes again methinks...
    Dragonpol wrote: »
    It was just one of those spam accounts <font color=blue>cheap_ski_jackets</font> selling clothing. You know, the ones who scatter links <font color=blue>cheap_ugg_boots</font> throughout 50 paragraphs of nonsense that has <font color=blue>cheap_turtleneck_sweaters</font> nothing to do with what they're selling.
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    It's not only here there is also some unpleasant peasant Andrew someone on the Facebook page that could do with being banned.
    Dragonpol wrote: »
    It was just one of those spam accounts <font color=blue>cheap_ski_jackets</font> selling clothing. You know, the ones who scatter links <font color=blue>cheap_ugg_boots</font> throughout 50 paragraphs of nonsense that has <font color=blue>cheap_turtleneck_sweaters</font> nothing to do with what they're selling.

Yeah that was a Spambot. Not Mr. Bad at Microsoft Paint.
  • MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    There's seems to be a problem with comment box today, as all the icons are the 'bold' symbol, and don't actually work. Also, I've noticed if you are typing a large body of text, the comment box does not expand as it usually does, so you have to manually scroll.
    I don't believe that I am the only one experiencing this?
  • MI6MI6 Administrator
    I see what you mean and we're working on fixing this as I type.