Feedback and Suggestions V2

Comments

• JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    NicNac wrote: »
    Not sure if this has been mentioned before but would tgere be a possibility of a "Mark all threads as read" option? I do read most of the conversations on here but there are also some that I don't and think this would be a useful tool so I can easily pick up where I left off. Just a thought.

I'll ask the question.

Cheers.
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    I also, please, require the automatic save draft to have an option where it's manually deactivated. It's ruining too many things I write and do here. On mobile, sometimes, it wouldn't even let me post because of it.

I've had the same issue. The only work-around that I've found for when it won't let you post is to switch to the desktop version of the site.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    I also, please, require the automatic save draft to have an option where it's manually deactivated. It's ruining too many things I write and do here. On mobile, sometimes, it wouldn't even let me post because of it.

I've had the same issue. The only work-around that I've found for when it won't let you post is to switch to the desktop version of the site.
    That's what I'm doing, too! And the zooming really doesn't help. Eats a lot of my time!
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    what about the avatars? am I the only one with that problem?
    We've all deleted our avatars. It's a site wide prank we have been playing on you. :))

I've never had that issue. What browser are you on?
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    I've had a similar issue in which certain members' avatars, such as @patb, show up blank when they post. Unless Jason is referring to something else.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill

No, it happens occasionally. Just go out of the site, and then reenter. Helps for me..
    @GBF @Risico007 are gone for good for me, on the iMac and the iPhone, I can see most of the avatars still, only about a dozen are gone, quite annoying and strange.
    @GBF @Risico007 are gone for good for me, on the iMac and the iPhone, I can see most of the avatars still, only about a dozen are gone, quite annoying and strange.

Those are not real people. They are shape-shifters and there is a glitch in their evil matrix.
    We've all deleted our avatars. It's a site wide prank we have been playing on you. :))

you.... :))

it's Safari as I own an iMac Pro.
    but it is the same problem on the iPhone and the iPad, strange.

That is unusual. I'm on an old iPhone 4s and I don't have that problem.

That is unusual. I'm on an old iPhone 4s and I don't have that problem.
    Same.
    You know what would be pretty cool? A live chat feature on the site. An "MI6 Community Lounge" for live, public discussion (all in text, no voice).
    Shouldn't MI6 Community have a headquarters? A Physical address and a place where fans meet? :D
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    We used to all meet up in Morocco until someone blew up our secret base... er...place of hanging out. We now meet up here.
    whitemountain.jpg

You don't need an invitation just make sure you have your special badge of entrance.
    1UfpzgMl.jpg?1

And if someone says they are Mickey Mouse kill them with...kindness. ;)
    Cuckoo!
    Shhh! Don't say that around the boss...he's quite mad you know.. :-t
    What does it take for him to see things our way?
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    edited October 2016 Posts: 17,695
    You know what would be pretty cool? A live chat feature on the site. An "MI6 Community Lounge" for live, public discussion (all in text, no voice).

There is a Chat Thread - Free Discussion but I know what you mean. BaB had one of those at the bottom of its site that only members could see and post in. I recall that it wasn't a great success and wasn't used all that frequently.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    What we have already feels like a chat room. We can post and respond to each other on the fly and carry on conversations for as long as we wish in real time. We have to refresh the page, obviously, but other than the absence of that feature, what we have already is what is described.
    And then there are PMs. Why bother with a third option that is basically the same?
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Well, yes. All human life is here. All modes of communication are here also. It's Facebook without the narcissism...
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Dragonpol wrote: »
    Well, yes. All human life is here. All modes of communication are here also. It's Facebook without the narcissism...
    @Dragonpol, and the triviality. Besides in the Bond 25 Production Thread, that is.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    @Dragonpol, and the triviality. Besides in the Bond 25 Production Thread, that is.
    It's those who fill it with off-topic chatter day by day that has made it earn its reputation. It's no one's fault, but the lack of B25 news proves frustrating given that it's been a year since Spectre's rollout to cinemas.
    True but people could just not post on it when their's no news rather than moan about their being no news. Patience is a virtue that seems lost on people when it comes to that thread.
    @Murdock You and I are on the same page.
    jake24 wrote: »
    It's those who fill it with off-topic chatter day by day that has made it earn its reputation. It's no one's fault, but the lack of B25 news proves frustrating given that it's been a year since Spectre's rollout to cinemas.

From its creation that thread has had maybe 10-20 pages of actual Bond 25 relation content and discussion of news, everything else is just random whining about things people don't understand or know enough about to speak of. In less than a day 70 plus new posts are in there from the last time I checked it. What is left to talk about at this stage, post-the New Yorker interview?

It's why I've decided to just stop paying any notice to it, because the ignorance inside it makes my brain want to hemorrhage.
    There is news. Sir Rog endorses Aidan Turner and Tom Hiddleston.

A "live" chat option for MI6 Community is not needed in my opinion. Sure the FB messenger windows option is great, but it's FB.
    This is something different, unique and actually quite perfect and user friendly.

To be honest I would be much more on AJB if they had a decent smartphone solution like this site has. And even on the computer it's way less attractive to use than this fabulous site.

About the auto-save function. Yes that can be a pain in the ass. And it does hinder from posting in some threads on the smartphone, but if it happens I push the Full Site button, post and then push the Back To Mobile Site button. Both at the bottom of the screen.
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    Anybody else's mobile browser look like this? Up until recently, the notification marker had been just to the right of the word.

dDFXHrd.png
    About the auto-save function. Yes that can be a pain in the ass. And it does hinder from posting in some threads on the smartphone, but if it happens I push the Full Site button, post and then push the Back To Mobile Site button. Both at the bottom of the screen.
    Well, regardless, that isn't much of a solution to the problem, now is it? Otherwise, the mobile site can be done without if that should be how we'd get back at posting things on mobile... Sorry, but it's outrageous.

At least there should be an option where we can deactivate the automatic save draft action.