Who should be a Bond girl?

Comments

• QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited July 2014 Posts: 13,930
    Nevermind that photo, it looks too photoshopped. Glau definitely has an interesting look, and reminds me of Mary Elizabeth Winstead. She was excellent in Firefly. I could see her as a Bond villainess.
    So apparently Lolita is a book about a paedo. Sure the twins look young (like I said, probably too young for Craig's Bond) but not THAT young. I think they're fit and that either one of them would be a good Bond girl.

Oh, and the pictures I posted were from when they were still in Skins, which was three or four years ago, when they were still teenagers. They probably look a bit older now.

Well, no, it is about the object of desire of one paedo. Two actually, because she falls in love with another one. I am sure they look more mature now and could be Bond girls potential, at least when it comes to their beauty.
  • edited July 2014 Posts: 7,653
    RogueAgent wrote:
    DarthDimi wrote:
    Summer Glau

32, an incredible actress.

110222summer-glau1.jpg

Wasn't she the Terminator in the Sarah Connor tv show?

AND in the brilliant series FIREFLY and movie Serenity.

And currently the baddie in ARROW.
    Aussie Tara Rushton. Sexy +
    esqmy_tara.jpg
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Whoever suggested Natalie Dormer as a future Bond girl, I like your style. She's beautiful and I think she would make a wonderful addition to the series.

Actually, it was me, way back in January. She' a fantastic actress and she has a unique and slightly unconventional beauty to her plus as I originally mentioned she does look a bit like Diana Rigg.

However, naturally, there are so many actresses out there that would be perfect but if the rumours are to be true that we're to get an English actress for a leading part then I hope EoN choose wisely. With someone like Dorma, you cant go wrong.

That being said, I'd love to see Irina Shayk as a Bond girl in sme capacity. She next stars opposite Dwayne Johnson as his wife n the new Hercules film. EoN would have settled many debts they owe me if they ever pull this off.

Clicking on the link would just be better

https://www.google.co.uk/search?newwindow=1&biw=1366&bih=673&tbm=isch&q=irina shayk sports illustrated&revid=1817258438&ei=4vC-U56tKOOo0wXPiYGwBw&ved=0CCEQsyU
    Aussie Tara Rushton. Sexy an Cute

P1000336.JPG
    It's so nice and refreshing to see a healthy looking woman with a full plate of food.
    Very pretty but she looks like a lolita. How old is she?
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    DarthDimi wrote:
    Summer Glau

110222summer-glau1.jpg

She was and I thought she played the part very well. :-)

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Ludovico wrote: »
    To quote @Thunderfinger, "old enough." ;)
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    DarthDimi wrote:
    Summer Glau

110222summer-glau1.jpg

She was and I thought she played the part very well. :-)

I thought i recognised her as she does look rather unusual but very attractive!
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Ludovico wrote: »
    To quote @Thunderfinger, "old enough." ;)

She is 30. The real question is how old is @Ludovico? With a name like that, I am guessing over 70.
    I am only 37. But she does look like a lolita on this picture.
  • edited July 2014 Posts: 108
    If the rumours are true and the next Bond girl is to be British, I'd rather stick to Bond tradition and give a break to a rising actress than cast an established British film star. That said, the list of rising Brit actresses with the experience and beauty to be Bond girls, is I think a relatively small one. Some who have caught my eye however include -

Laura Haddock

Laura+Haddock+Empire+Film+Awards+Press+Room+1lIyjDPw3jNl.jpg

Janet Montgomery

montgomeryjanetpic_2848x2848_634408168873434170.jpg

Hannah Ware

hannah-ware-01-500x330.jpg

Perdita Weeks

Perdita+Weeks+Beyond+Ballet+Russes+Pre+Party+lCnWb47gQ9wl.jpg

Annabelle Wallis (My fave at the moment. Love this gal).

600full-annabelle-wallis.jpg
  • zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    Haddock is very good-looking, but lacks the certain Bond charisma.
    Janet Montgomery: possibly, I could see her in a small role.
    Hannah Ware has not enough style.
    Perdita Weeks: very cute, I could see it happen. A bit too young still, maybe?
    Annabelle Wallis: definitively.

Good suggestions overall!
    If the rumours are true and the next Bond girl is to be British, I'd rather stick to Bond tradition and give a break to a rising actress than cast an established British film star. That said, the list of rising Brit actresses with the experience and beauty to be Bond girls, is I think a relatively small one. Some who have caught my eye however include -

Laura Haddock

Laura+Haddock+Empire+Film+Awards+Press+Room+1lIyjDPw3jNl.jpg

Janet Montgomery

montgomeryjanetpic_2848x2848_634408168873434170.jpg

Hannah Ware

hannah-ware-01-500x330.jpg

Perdita Weeks

Perdita+Weeks+Beyond+Ballet+Russes+Pre+Party+lCnWb47gQ9wl.jpg

Annabelle Wallis (My fave at the moment. Love this gal).

600full-annabelle-wallis.jpg

All very attractive indeed! Laura Haddock reminds me of a youthful Angelina Jolie!
    I'd have to go with Emilia Clarke if they're casting a Brit in a role. Though she does appear to be busy with the new Terminator and Game of Thrones.

emilia_clarke.jpg
    Clarke would look more appropriate as a Bond girl for Bond actor #7.
    Yes, she is far too young for Craig. Heck, she is ten years younger than me!
    I would love to see Clarke as a future Bond girl, but not for Craig. As already said, she's looks far too young for Craig.
    Do you know who's absolutely stunning?

Jamie Alexander. Yes, she's American but she can do an English accent. Either way I'd love to see her as a Bond girl.

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Wouldn't it be time for an older Bond girl this time? I mean, all the suggestions I've seen here are very beautiful women and would love seeing them in a Bond movie, but I don't want to see EON repeating the same mistake as in the Moore era, where Bond was getting ever so closer to being 60 years old while the Bond girls stayed the same age, so the age difference became more and more glaring. So, as my suggestion, I would like another Maud Adams situation (a returning actress), and I don't see a more suitable choice than either Izabella Scorupco or Famke Janssen. They are in their 40's now, but my god they look good for their age. It's been almost 20 years since they appeared in GE, and I dare say they look hotter now than they did in GE.
  • @DaltonCraig007 I agree that they still look great, and I would love seeing and old actress especially if that would mean she were really competent in the acting department, but I don't see why the age difference is a problem. That Bibi/Bond thing was uncomfortable but apart from that it's never been bothersome in my opinion.

Anyway I hope they go for either a redhead Caucasian or an Asian Bond girl.
    And a younger main villainess, someone in her 30s/40s.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited August 2014 Posts: 15,690
    @SuzanneStone let me remind you of the shower scene between Bond and Stacey in AVTAK :)

And while I think Gemma Arterton was very beautiful in QOS, she was almost half of Bond's age :-O
  • edited August 2014 Posts: 372
    @SuzanneStone let me remind you of the shower scene between Bond and Stacey in AVTAK :)

And while I think Gemma Arterton was very beautiful in QOS, she was almost half of Bond's age :-O

Neither of those really bothered me that much. The thing that put me off with that shower scene is that Moore always played Bond in a more goofy manner, and going with someone roughly thirty years younger didn't fit him.

When Brosnan got together with Pike in DAD it didn't bother me, because I think it fit the kind of Bond he portrayed.
    Regarding that Lea Sedaux - maybe DC did another job of hiring cast. She was in "The Lobster" together with Rachel and he visited that set.
    Or maybe Rachel suggested her.

Either way, this business with age shouldn't even be an issue. This is fiction, fantasy fiction after all and as long as the actress is of REASONABLE age, it shouldn't matter. There are so many actresses in their mid to late 20s who can carry themselves through their performances that make their age ambiguous and more importantly doesn't make Bond look like a perv. The Bond/Miranda Frost dynamic us an example of this. I had no idea Pike was in her early 20s in DAD; she seemed older and yet Brosnan was what 50?
    I find it unlikely that the Bond girls will be older than in their 30s, but I do hope they keep them in this age range until the end of the Craig era.
    doubleoego wrote: »
    Or maybe Rachel suggested her.

Either way, this business with age shouldn't even be an issue. This is fiction, fantasy fiction after all and as long as the actress is of REASONABLE age, it shouldn't matter. There are so many actresses in their mid to late 20s who can carry themselves through their performances that make their age ambiguous and more importantly doesn't make Bond look like a perv. The Bond/Miranda Frost dynamic us an example of this. I had no idea Pike was in her early 20s in DAD; she seemed older and yet Brosnan was what 50?

As long as they look mature and/or older than they are, it's ok as far as I'm concerned. I just don't want another Gemma Arterton when Craig will be 50+. Arterton looked very young in QOS.

Yes, as long as they don't look like lolitas, I'm happy.