Who should be a Bond girl?

Comments

• doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    This Lea Sedoux chick news seems to be getting an unusual large amount of attention. I hope we get some confirmation very soon.
    bondsum wrote: »
    I'd have to go with Emilia Clarke if they're casting a Brit in a role. Though she does appear to be busy with the new Terminator and Game of Thrones.

emilia_clarke.jpg

She is stunningly beautiful! Certainly would have no objections from me! :D
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    bondsum wrote: »
    I'd have to go with Emilia Clarke if they're casting a Brit in a role. Though she does appear to be busy with the new Terminator and Game of Thrones.

emilia_clarke.jpg

Hmm...interesting. Might have to take a closer look at her :p
    Emilia Clarke is too young. For now anyway. Maybe for Craig's successor, but right now I cannot see her as a Bond girl, regardless of her busy schedule.
    edited August 2014 Posts: 11,139
    Another actress worth mentioning for the supposed English lead would be Sophia Myles.

And another casting possibility for a Bond girl, French actress, Louise Bourgoin.
    Anybody suggest Emily Ratajkowki yet?

Ophelia Lovibond
    A few suggestions : Sarah Martins (from Death in Paradise) ; Zoe Saldana ; Karen Gillan.
  • KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    If they ever go back to the silly, over the top Bond films, I'd like to see Sofia Vargara as the main villain.

If you saw her in Machete II, you know what I'm talking about.
    The two best Bond women ever are Diana Rigg and Eva Green. Their portrayals projected women of intelligence, maturity, and attractiveness aided by equally intelligent and mature writing that allowed their characters to emerge as the two best of the series, unlike so many of the silly, self-conscious parodies of women the series has resorted to.

Rather than trying to find a new hot star, the producers should focus on women who can actually play a character, rather than a caricature.

Writing mature, intelligent, and fully developed characters is the key here.

Ultimately, we remember Bond women not for their beauty, but because they were much more than a pretty face.

• HMBFFHMBFF Lisboa, Portugal
    HMBFF wrote: »
    They have the acting skills and the beauty. Twelve women I would love to see as bond girls:

BondGirls_zps716b3ba9.png
    1. Kaya Scodelario
    2. Tamsin Egerton
    3. Elizabeth Debicki
    4. Taís Araújo
    5. Brit Marling
    6. Felicity Jones
    7. Victória Guerra
    8. Paolla Oliveira
    9. Michelle Dockery
    10. Rebecca Hall
    11. Léa Seydoux
    12. Marion Cotillard

Lucky number 11 <3
  • fan-bingbing-21a.jpg
    If the producers need an Asian Bond Girl for Bond 25, I'd recommend Chinese actress,Fan Bing Bing. She played, "Blink" recently on "X-Men; Days of Future Past"!
  • Great choices, M_balje! ;-) <br />
    <br />
    Felicity Jones would be quite ideal for me as well.

Fantastic choice for a Bond Girl!
  • HMBFF wrote: »
    They have the acting skills and the beauty. Twelve women I would love to see as bond girls:

1. Kaya Scodelario
    2. Tamsin Egerton
    3. Elizabeth Debicki
    4. Taís Araújo
    5. Brit Marling
    6. Felicity Jones
    7. Victória Guerra
    8. Paolla Oliveira
    9. Michelle Dockery
    10. Rebecca Hall
    11. Léa Seydoux
    12. Marion Cotillard

Lucky number 11 <3
    I have to say that your choices are smart and very interesting, especially love the idea of Rebecca Hall, Felicity Jones and Tasmin Egerton!!! Great job!
  • edited October 2014 Posts: 4,619
    My number one choice:

emily-blunt-wallpaper-5.jpg

Rebecca Hall and Felicity Jones would be great choices too.
  • edited December 2014 Posts: 11,425
    Emily Blunt is great. Not sure I want to see her in a Bond movie though. Would she have made a better MP? Felicity Jones seems promising.

How about Charlotte Le Bon? She's in the 100 Foot Journey. Seems EON can't get enough of Frenchies.

She replaced Lea Seydoux apparently in another film.

http://thefilmstage.com/news/charlotte-le-bon-enters-michel-gondrys-the-foam-of-days-as-lea-seydoux-exits/
  • Asin Thottumkal, but she probably wouldn't do it
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    My favoured choice is still...

Img385656228.jpg

Acting chops and old school glamour, just what the Major ordered.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Too old now, but Sean Young would have been a smashing Bond girl 30 years ago.
    9C1Z3gQ.jpg

Atwell!
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    Natalia Verbeke (1975, Argentina) http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0893638/
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natalia_Verbeke

Born in Argentina, but when she was 11 moved to Spain. Also be a bit Flemish (Belgium).

Spanish tv serie Doctor Mateo:

31.jpg

verbeke-bano.jpg

2007:

4413085_ori.jpg

The Women on the 6th Floor (2010):

LES-FEMMES-DU-6eme-ETAGE-008.jpg?w=620&q=85&auto=format&sharp=10&s=0ca7df3e9b9a40586edfad0a08d731c3

womenonthe6thfloor.jpg
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?

1. Kaya Scodelario
    2. Tamsin Egerton
    3. Elizabeth Debicki
    4. Taís Araújo
    5. Brit Marling
    6. Felicity Jones
    7. Victória Guerra
    8. Paolla Oliveira
    9. Michelle Dockery
    10. Rebecca Hall
    11. Léa Seydoux
    12. Marion Cotillard

Lucky number 11 <3

Absolutely superb choices here......and you actually got one of your wishes granted with #11!
    edited July 2015 Posts: 11,139
    For a bit part role as a woman Bond casually sleeps with...Spanish-Dutch actress, Yolanthe Sneijder-Cabau.

ebc4c9069e4d96a845a179ba45900076.jpg

[img]http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Premiere+Paramount+Pictures+Pain+Gain+Red+ dONxO2b3vpkl.jpg[/img]

1434543665yolanthe.jpg

yolanthe-sneijder-cabau-bikini.png?w=1480&h=&crop=1
    RogueAgent wrote:

emilia_clarke.jpg

Definitely she should be at least on the short-list for Bond #7: she's gorgeous !

Although she's mainly involved on US independent movies, Sheetal Sheth (India/US) could be a great choice:
    [img][/img]709325sheth001.jpg
    [img][/img]178693sheth002.jpg
    [img][/img]115650sheth003.jpg
    Caity Lotz from arrow :D
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Sorry, but Sheeta looks... well, not tooo pretty, if you ask me.

I'd say Meghan Markle of Suits fame:
    f5625cc11ec64e845b23f417c2ed03ea.jpg
    Gugu mbatha-raw...one of the most classy, gorgeous, talented and beautiful women in the world...my first choice next Bond girl

guguwet.jpg?token=hSuHH27VMe1QpvKYf0qSLU8YBW8%3D

Belle-e1381868080699.jpg

QJLk7Af.jpg

gugu__130815222405-275x413.jpg?w=800&h=1200

MbathaRaw-8.jpg

tumblr_nnccg29lWk1tlgjh8o7_400.jpg
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    she's nice
    All these images prove is that there are lots of beautiful women in the world, and too many Bond movies over the years have proved that being beautiful on its own does not necessarily make for a great Bond girl. Even being a decent actress does not guarantee anything. Look at Rosamund Pike and Sophie Morceau - pretty much wasted in DAD and TWINE.

It very often comes down to the writing, and the chemistry between the Bond actor and the actresses.
    Getafix wrote: »
    All these images prove is that there are lots of beautiful women in the world, and too many Bond movies over the years have proved that being beautiful on its own does not necessarily make for a great Bond girl. Even being a decent actress does not guarantee anything. Look at Rosamund Pike and Sophie Morceau - pretty much wasted in DAD and TWINE.

It very often comes down to the writing, and the chemistry between the Bond actor and the actresses.

Well chemistry is always hard to predict, but yes, there are plenty O' pretty women around. I pointed out Meghan Markle because I'm really impressed with her Rachel Zane in Suits. Yolanthe, as pointed out by @doubleoego isn't much of an actress if you ask me.