Favorite Bond End Song

Comments

• pachazopachazo Make Your Choice
    I understand their logic and intent for including other original songs during the Dalton/Brosnan end credits and I wouldn't mind it happening again at all.
    I wouldn't either to be honest. Why did they stop doing it? Too many bruised egos after the TND debacle?
    Watching latest episode of Top Gear and some of Serra's GE score was used.

That's just spooky!
    What the hell is this business with Estafan anyway? How, in any way at all, is she related to IYAMT or LTK? I mean, seriously, there's really no grounds for confusing her with LaBelle.
  • edited February 2014 Posts: 1,778
    pachazo wrote:
    I understand their logic and intent for including other original songs during the Dalton/Brosnan end credits and I wouldn't mind it happening again at all.
    I wouldn't either to be honest. Why did they stop doing it? Too many bruised egos after the TND debacle?

I'm not sure but a part of me wishes they'd bring it back. They stuck with it consistently for 4 straight films between TLD and TND. In my opinion it gave the movies a more independent feel. For whatever reason having 2 original songs made the movies feel a bit grander. Don't get me wrong I love the Bond theme but it shouldn't be used for every ending. For CR it absolutely made sense but I think they switch it up a bit for Bond 24.
    pachazo wrote:

I'm not sure but a part of me wishes they'd bring it back. They stuck with it consistently for 4 straight films between TLD and TND. In my opinion it gave the movies a more independent feel. For whatever reason having 2 original songs made the movies feel a bit grander. Don't get me wrong I love the Bond theme but it shouldn't be used for every ending. For CR it absolutely made sense but I think they switch it up a bit for Bond 24.

This is my reasoning for why it should come back. The best Bond films are the ones that really feel independent from the series - namely OHMSS, CR, TLD, LTK, and to an extent GE and SF - as quality pieces of cinema, and only two of my examples have the Bond theme at the end rather than an original song.
  • Just out of curiosity, is there anyone here that likes The Experience of Love?

There's this little green man on Neptune who found it a decent song, but other than that, it's a criminality on the ears.

Seriously cannot abide that particular one, and always switch off as soon as Goldeneye ends and Bond and Simonova take off in the choppers. One of a very few select themes from the Bond series that I avoid at all costs, the others being Keys and White's Another Way to Die, Madonna's Die Another Day, and sorry to say, Simon's Nobody Does it Better
  • Just out of curiosity, is there anyone here that likes The Experience of Love?

There's this little green man on Neptune who found it a decent song, but other than that, it's a criminality on the ears.

Seriously cannot abide that particular one, and always switch off as soon as Goldeneye ends and Bond and Simonova take off in the choppers. One of a very few select themes from the Bond series that I avoid at all costs, the others being Keys and White's Another Way to Die, Madonna's Die Another Day, and sorry to say, Simon's Nobody Does it Better

I was finding this post relatable until Nobody Does it Better. It easily on my top 5. I also kinda liked Another Way to Die. It's not the best song but far from the worst. Those honors would go to Lulu's The Man with the Golden Gun, AhHa's The Living Daylights, The Experience of Love, Garbage's The World is not Enough (I really didn't like it), and of course the bottom of the barrel....Madonna's crime against humanity in Die Another Day. Again these are just my opinions.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Just out of curiosity, is there anyone here that likes The Experience of Love?

I like it. Granted it's not my favorite song in the world. I enjoy it for it's connection to "Leon The Professional."
  • Murdock wrote:

I like it. Granted it's not my favorite song in the world. I enjoy it for it's connection to "Leon The Professional."

For Leon The Professional I felt Serra's score worked. But for James Bond it was totally wrong. I wonder Serra even watched the old Bond films with John Barry scoring. The scores should be lush, exotic, and full of life. GE's score just felt way too moody and cold for it's own good.

Murdock wrote:

For Leon The Professional I felt Serra's score worked. But for James Bond it was totally wrong. I wonder Serra even watched the old Bond films with John Barry scoring. The scores should be lush, exotic, and full of life. GE's score just felt way too moody and cold for it's own good.

Well I for one loved Serra's score. It made GoldenEye truly unique. And that's why It's my favorite Bond movie.
  • 1. Surrender/FRWL - no contender. These two ooze Bond.
    Murdock wrote:
    Murdock wrote:

I like it. Granted it's not my favorite song in the world. I enjoy it for it's tconnection to "Leon The Professional."

Well I for one loved Serra's score. It made GoldenEye truly unique. And that's why It's my favorite Bond movie.

Ge is a purposely sterile movie with a lot of warmth sucked out
  • Here's how I rank the ending themes:

1. Surrender
    2. If There Was a Man
    3. If You Asked Me To
    4. From Russia with Love
    5. Disco Moonraker
    6. DAD Remix
    7. The Postman Pat Theme
    8. Something Played on a Kazoo
    9. Slamming Two Bricks Together that sounds a bit like a song

*A FEW RANKS LATER*

10000000. The Experience of Love
    Moonraker Disco Version.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    edited February 2014 Posts: 45,489
    MrBond wrote:
    Matt Monroes From Russia With Love is just amazing!

Cannot argue with that.
    actonsteve wrote:
    Its liked with ge and stunks with the film.

Good way to desribe TEOL.
    Loved Surrender by K D Lang from TND.
    actonsteve wrote:
    Funny, I thought the same about DAF.
  • edited February 2014 Posts: 11,189
    Murdock wrote:
    actonsteve wrote:
    Funny, I thought the same about DAF.

Bloody hell DAF is dull and, in all honesty, I don't really find it that funny. Aside from a few good moments a lot of it is just dated nonsense. The end song is good though.
  • LicencedToKilt69007LicencedToKilt69007 Belgium, Wallonia
    7. If you asked me to (I've always disliked it)
    6. The Experience of Love
    5. DAD remix
    4. If there was a man
    3. FRWL
    2. Moonraker disco
    1. Surrender

I have a strange appreciation of it. It somehow just feels like it belongs there at the end of GE, which, by the by, is my second favorite Bond film.

I always liked Patti LaBelle's "If you Asked me To"

• edited February 2014 Posts: 1,009
    GREAT: If You Asked Me Too, Surrender and From Russia With Love(Matt Monro was a hell of a crooner).
    GOOD: Moonraker Disco Version

The Experience of Love and DAD Dance Remix are unrated at the moment

AWFUL: Should they have put Only Myself To Blame on TWINO credits, I... Well...
  • For all you Eric Serra fans ;)

Judging by the comments Serra and the song have a decent fan following. Like I said I don't hate the song and listening to it without a connection to Bond I kinda like it's mellow and relaxing feel. Dare I say it might be underrated.

• GREAT: If You Asked Me Too, Surrender and From Russia With Love(Matt Monro was a hell of a crooner).
    GOOD: Moonraker Disco Version

The Experience of Love and DAD Dance Remix are unrated at the moment

AWFUL: Should they have put Only Myself To Blame on TWINO credits, I... Well...

A GOOD for The Experience of Love. Thanks, @DoubleOhhSeven

I like Serra's music from Goldeneye. As a fan of Kraftwerk, Human League, Heaven 17, Level 42 Giorgio Moroder or Daft Punk it's quite logical.
    Favorite is, without question, "If You Asked Me To".
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    1. Surrender - (epic)
    2. FRWL - (epic)

3. If You Asked Me To - (love it)
    4. If There Was A Man - (love it, near tie with IYAMT)

5. Moonraker (End Title) - (pretty good)
    6. DAD (Dirty Vegas Main Mix) - (pretty good, near tie with MR disco)

7. The Experience of Love - (don't mind it)
    For all you Eric Serra fans ;)

Judging by the comments Serra and the song have a decent fan following. Like I said I don't hate the song and listening to it without a connection to Bond I kinda like it's mellow and relaxing feel. Dare I say it might be underrated.

It's a lot better there, performed live, than it is in the credits of a Bond film.

Also, is it Serra on vocals there?
    If You Asked Me To - Patti LaBelle
  • MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    Zorin61 wrote: »
    If You Asked Me To - Patti LaBelle

Yep, mine too. Beautiful song!
    If you asked me to and If there was a man are good songs.