Video Games Influenced By James Bond

2»

Comments

• BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    Murdock wrote: »
    I couldn't find the right thread for this. But remember Perfect Dark? Mr. Blonde is none other than Stamper himself! The only piece of the Rare TND game that never came to be.
    gfs_27982_2_7-1.jpg~c200
    pd_mr_blonde_tnd007_mr_stamper.png

Wow! The more I hear about PD the more I think I should get a copy.

• MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I couldn't find the right thread for this. But remember Perfect Dark? Mr. Blonde is none other than Stamper himself! The only piece of the Rare TND game that never came to be.
    gfs_27982_2_7-1.jpg~c200

It's really good. If you loved GoldenEye for the N64, Perfect Dark is a must have. You can even unlock GoldenEye 64 weapons in it too.

• MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    I never got around to playing Perfect Dark. I still have my N64, I might see if I can get hold of a copy.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    gfs_27982_2_7-1.jpg~c200

Definitely! They were originally going to feature Stamper as a multiplayer character in GoldenEye 007 (N64), but due to many cuts that didn't make it to the final game, they decided to use the texture of Gotz Otto for Perfect Dark. Well, because... why break a sweat when you've got existing material? ;)
  • mdo007mdo007 Katy, Texas
    edited September 2016 Posts: 259
    Just stumbled upon this thread. Yep, I'm aware of the Spyhunter game being influenced by James Bond. Kinda sad that the live-action film never see the light of day. I'm hoping to see somebody can do a live-action version of it with maybe a former James bond actor playing as Alex. I mean if Pierce Brosnan can play a Bond-like agent in The November Man, then maybe Pierce Brosnan (or Daniel Craig, if he ever step down from his Bond role in the future) can play Alex in a future live-action Spyhunter film. That would be a nice nod to both Spyhunter and James Bond.

Also about Sly Spy, that game is basically should've been an official Bond game. I mean when that game got released in the US and Europe, I'm surprised they didn't renamed it James Bond 007: (insert any catchy subtitle) like they did to Operation Stealth aka James Bond 007: the Stealth Affair. I mean look at this Japanese poster for Sly Spy:

slyspy-jpflyer.jpg

I mean doesn't this scream "James Bond 007" when you look at it?

Also look at this artwork for the home computer version of the game:

slyspy-computercover.jpg

Does the way the agent hold his pistol look a bit similar to Timothy Dalton's promo from the Living Daylight:

xtld_s_25_280.jpg.pagespeed.ic.W5rT3kJg5U.jpg

01-Living-Daylights-Poster-Magazine-Cover.jpg
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    I never got around to playing Perfect Dark. I still have my N64, I might see if I can get hold of a copy.

My friend had that and I played it a few times. It was very like GoldenEye.

• ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Sly Spy was said to be heavily influenced by James Bond.
    So I realize I want to resurrect this thread as with Bond still not really coming out with any games I figure why not talk about other spy franchises/games and see if any of us can find a game that maybe we haven't played that we can start playing

1. Splinter Cell: though more rough gritty and stealth based even the original game started life as a bond game till Ubisoft couldn't get the license and they changed some things and we got this franchise

the 2-3 titles I would recommend from this franchise

Splinter Cell,
    Splinter Cell Chaos Theory,
    Splinter Cell Black List (I am putting this instead of Conviction though it was hard to decide between the 2)

2. Hitman: to be fair I only played Blood money and Absolution of this franchise but both are good thrillers with espionage elements I would recommend both

3. Mission Impossible: this video game franchise has been kind of odd the first is an NES game which I don't remember playing the second is an N64 spy thriller which feels like a buggier version of Tomorrow Never dies to be honest and Operation Sumra the last in this franchise for console is a splinter Cell rip off

If I had to recommend one game I would recommend the n64 version though I think I want to dust off Operation sumra and play it again as I haven't played it since it came out.

and 2 spy thriller games that aren't franchises

1. Alpha Protocol: i have to give HIGH recommends for this game ignore every bade review you have heard and seriously if you haven't played it play this game I swear you will have hours upon hours of fun

2. Alkeline's Gun: many call this a hitman ripoff and while it is the story set in cold war was a lot of fun and I would recommend it
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited November 2020 Posts: 40,471
    gfs_27982_2_7-1.jpg~c200

Four years late but I never knew this, that's some great trivia! Can't even begin to imagine how many hours I put into PD as a kid, it was so damn good.

@Risico007, Alekhine's Gun felt more like a poorly crafted Hitman rip-off to me but I do think the Cold War era it features in is heavily reminiscent of some of the Bond films.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    gfs_27982_2_7-1.jpg~c200

Four years late but I never knew this, that's some great trivia! Can't even begin to imagine how many hours I put into PD as a kid, it was so damn good.

@Risico007, Alekhine's Gun felt more like a poorly crafted Hitman rip-off to me but I do think the Cold War era it features in is heavily reminiscent of some of the Bond films.

I liked it I played and beated it and I plan on playing it again though on my little laptop it has issues lol
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Risico007 wrote: »
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    gfs_27982_2_7-1.jpg~c200

I liked it I played and beated it and I plan on playing it again though on my little laptop it has issues lol

I beat it, hiccups and bugs aside, then returned to it earlier this year so I could get the Platinum Trophy for it (which was a pain, completing each mission only killing the targets).
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited November 2020 Posts: 13,894
    The Operative: No One Lives Forever and its sequel No One Lives Forever 2: A Spy in H.A.R.M.'s Way, are massively influenced by Bond and 60's culture.

Cold Winter, take Dalton: Bond, and drop him into DAD, and then make it as if it were Bonds last mission. Dark, tough and brilliant. I would love to see this game be remastered, or just to be able to play it on modern console(s).

Agreed on Splinter Cell, though I would have to include Pandora Tomorrow (1/3 of my holy trinity of spy games, along with Cold Winter and The Operative: No One Lives Forever).
    The Operative: No One Lives Forever and its sequel No One Lives Forever 2: A Spy in H.A.R.M.'s Way, are massively influenced by Bond and 60's culture.

Cold Winter, take Dalton: Bond, and drop him into DAD, and then make it as if it were Bonds last mission. Dark, tough and brilliant. I would love to see this game be remastered, or just to be able to play it on modern console(s).

Agreed on Splinter Cell, though I would have to include Pandora Tomorrow (1/3 of my holy trinity of spy games, along with Cold Winter and The Operative: No One Lives Forever).

I never heard about Cold winter! this looks amazing
  • StarkStark France
    9e8ae1a17f3c1baea778148f4e7d664b531ebc44.jpg

e45c7518686dd99f2172b286b5e05164ad207a59.jpg

7549d90c8cf6a3c35e336eaba0d35167a38099ea.jpg

e343f5a5c739460132f1bc1f2a91638ed8604380.jpg

2a8c28dc2c3e312c098040639b37c0b88b616e0b.PNG

19626d39551fe6b44a7d92431f15c1c463a72452.PNG

0a9c5c26c6721db9cccea8f7b588943ce6a0cfed.PNG

684b0f3eaba098f5e6553db107413cd35bd9cf9c.PNG

0733fb7437d1228c4823ddf0fb64ea68aa629804.jpg

• HildebrandRarityHildebrandRarity Centre international d'assistance aux personnes déplacées, Paris, France
    "Kasumi – Stolen Memory", which is technically DLC for Mass Effect 2, the loyalty mission for the thief character, Kasumi. Even if it takes place in a sci-fi universe, it's almost a demo for a proper James Bond game, part investigation and conversation, part action.
  • SIS_HQSIS_HQ At the Vauxhall Headquarters
    edited July 2022 Posts: 3,390
    ‘Uncharted 4’ almost paid homage to a James Bond stunt

Nathan Drake was about to go full on spy with a specific stunt

https://www.nme.com/news/gaming-news/uncharted-4-almost-paid-homage-to-a-james-bond-stunt-3261492