The Horror Thread II: The Return

Comments

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited June 2020 Posts: 15,690
    Paramount will distribute Scream 5.

The latest installment, in which David Arquette is set to reprise his role as Deputy Dewey, will be directed by “Ready or Not” filmmakers Matt Bettinelli-Olpin and Tyler Gillett.

The studio is targeting a 2021 release.

https://variety.com/2020/film/news/paramount-and-spyglass-scream-1234648119/
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    I’m really looking forward to this new Scream film. I hope they can finally make a really good sequel.
    The fact that David Arquette will be in it is a great start at least.
    Paramount will distribute Scream 5.

The latest installment, in which David Arquette is set to reprise his role as Deputy Dewey, will be directed by “Ready or Not” filmmakers Matt Bettinelli-Olpin and Tyler Gillett.

The studio is targeting a 2021 release.

https://variety.com/2020/film/news/paramount-and-spyglass-scream-1234648119/
    shrugs.. I am curious but not overly excited without wes craven
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    First poster for the horror-thriller Black Waster: Abyss:

Friends exploring a remote cave system in Northern Australia find themselves threatened by a pack of crocodiles.

eortqb1pny651.jpg

----

Director Christopher Smith (Severance) is back with the horror film The Banishing.

[/i]The film, set in the late 1930s, tells the story of the most haunted house in England. A young reverend and his wife and daughter move into a manor with a horrifying secret. When a vengeful spirit haunts the little girl and threatens to tear the family apart, the reverend and his wife are forced to confront their beliefs. They must turn to black magic by seeking the help of a famous Occultist or risk losing their daughter.[/i]

Starring: Jessica Brown Findlay, Sean Harris and John Heffernan.

https://variety.com/2020/film/global/cannes-horror-the-banishing-christopher-smith-1234643410/?

----

Director Eli Craig (Tucker & Dale vs. Evil) will direct Netflix's horror/comedy The Hills Have Eyes For You.

The film is described as “a fresh and fun love story set against the backdrop of an elevated horror comedy.”

https://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3621344/behind-mask-writer-tucker-dale-director-join-forces-netflixs-hills-eyes/

----

edited June 2020 Posts: 15,690

----

First official poster for the horror-thriller Willy's Wonderland:

A drifter is tricked into a janitorial job at a condemned theme park. The mundane tasks suddenly become a fight for survival against wave after wave of demonic animatronic monsters.

yteqsi7a3v751.png

----

First official poster for the horror-thriller Willy's Wonderland:

A drifter is tricked into a janitorial job at a condemned theme park. The mundane tasks suddenly become a fight for survival against wave after wave of demonic animatronic monsters.

yteqsi7a3v751.png

Willy's Wonderland looks amazing
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    I want the sequel to be called, "Willy's Willy", still starring Nic Cage. :D
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    That poster is certainly one of the worst I've seen in some time. Hopefully the film has another scenery chewing performance from Cage, at least.
    Anya Taylor-Joy & Matt Smith in Edgar Wright's Last Night in Soho:

7sj27921a8951.jpg
    I know I'm one of maybe five people that didn't care for Baby Driver whatsoever but I loved his films prior to that so will be interested in seeing Wright's return to horror.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited July 2020 Posts: 5,869
    Plus Anya Taylor-Joy and Matt Smith are both great actors, and much more exciting (to me personally) than the cast of Baby Driver :)
    Indeed, I'm a big fan of Anya Taylor-Joy, though sadly my only experience with Matt Smith was that absolutely awful Terminator: Genisys film.
    edited July 2020 Posts: 15,690
    Halloween Kills delayed to October 2021.
    The Forever Purge delayed to July 2021.
    Candyman delayed to October 2020.

https://www.thewrap.com/universal-shifts-blumhouses-halloween-sequel-and-the-forever-purge-to-2021/

----

Halloween Kills delayed to October 2021.
    The Forever Purge delayed to July 2021.
    Candyman delayed to October 2020.

https://www.thewrap.com/universal-shifts-blumhouses-halloween-sequel-and-the-forever-purge-to-2021/

----

omg this looks so cool
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited July 2020 Posts: 5,869
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Indeed, I'm a big fan of Anya Taylor-Joy, though sadly my only experience with Matt Smith was that absolutely awful Terminator: Genisys film.
    You should check out The Crown @Creasy47

And Halloween Kills is looking good :)
    On Sunday evening I will be going to a special showing of The Silence of the Lambs on the big screen. Really excited for this.
    On Sunday evening I will be going to a special showing of The Silence of the Lambs on the big screen. Really excited for this.

Enjoy - terrific film.
  • edited July 2020 Posts: 6,810
    I know I'm one of maybe five people that didn't care for Baby Driver whatsoever but I loved his films prior to that so will be interested in seeing Wright's return to horror.

I must be one of those five!
    Considering Wright was such a fan of Walter Hills 'The Driver', i was very disappointed with 'Baby Driver' . Didnt really do anythjng for me!
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    I can't wait for this @DaltonCraig007! Christopher Abbott is great, and Andrea is one of my favourite actresses.
  • edited July 2020 Posts: 5,767
    Mathis1 wrote: »

I must be one of those five!
    Considering Wright was such a fan of Walter Hills 'The Driver', i was very disappointed with 'Baby Driver' . Didnt really do anythjng for me!
    Must be more than five, I feel like I´m at least the sixth.

The Conjuring 3 has been delayed to June 4, 2021.
    https://www.amazon.com/Jaws-Unmade-Sequels-Prequels-Rip-Offs/dp/B08BDWYLRP/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=jaws+3&qid=1595360680&s=books&sr=1-1

I posted this in Jaws but just for a wider audience yeah some interesting bits here that even a hardcore jaws fan like myself I had no idea about.

Jaws Rising 2005
    or
    Jaws 2010 - being the remake period
    edited July 2020 Posts: 15,690
    @DarthDimi @MajorDSmythe @Creasy47

Candyman officially receives an R rating, for "bloody horror violence and language including some sexual references".
    @DarthDimi @MajorDSmythe @Creasy47

Candyman officially receives an R rating, for "bloody horror violence and language including some sexual references".

whew
  • goldenswissroyalegoldenswissroyale Switzerland
    I read a few pages before that some of you liked Train to Busan. I havn't heard of it before and after the info that it is a zombie flick I was ready for it. I love zombie movies like 28 Days/Weeks later, The Crazies and I had a great time with these korean zombies in trains. No real horror but a very entertaining action trip with some cool images, new ideas, some good characters and most important: not too many survivors of the main cast. It could be one of the very best zombie movies if they had improved some character reactions (i.e. why is only one glass door covered with newspapers).

Unfortunately, the new movie Peninsula seems to be disappointing according to the IMDB comments...
    I read a few pages before that some of you liked Train to Busan. I havn't heard of it before and after the info that it is a zombie flick I was ready for it. I love zombie movies like 28 Days/Weeks later, The Crazies and I had a great time with these korean zombies in trains. No real horror but a very entertaining action trip with some cool images, new ideas, some good characters and most important: not too many survivors of the main cast. It could be one of the very best zombie movies if they had improved some character reactions (i.e. why is only one glass door covered with newspapers).

Unfortunately, the new movie Peninsula seems to be disappointing according to the IMDB comments...

I've definitely picked up on some inconsistencies the few times I've rewatched it but it's still a damn good zombie movie. As you said, it's much more on the action/adventure side than being outright horrifying or scary but it still gets the job done. Looking forward to checking out Peninsula some day but it seems to be CGI overload and completely different from its predecessor so I'm not sure how positively it'll play out for me.
  • goldenswissroyalegoldenswissroyale Switzerland
    @Creasy47 : The moment where the older lady decides to open a certain door is unforgettable and they really succeeded in creating an ahole you want to see suffering an ugly death.
    When I think about other aholes we want to see dead in horror movies, The Mist comes to mind. A great monster movie.