The Horror Thread II: The Return

Comments

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited September 2019 Posts: 15,690
    John Krasinski confirms A Quiet Place 2 has finished filming.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    @bondjames @MajorDSmythe @DarthDimi @boldfinger

First official picture from the horror-action film VFW:

qo6aelk0kmp31.jpg

A group of Vietnam War veterans defend their clubhouse against a deranged drug dealer and his relentless army of punk mutants.

Starring William Sadler, Stephen Lang and Fred Williamson.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Happy to see Fred Williamson still acting. Hopefully that movie's entertaining enough to warrant a viewing, pretty solid cast of older action stars there.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Does anyone know what happened with Kane Hodder? I heard that he no longer chokes people at conventions.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    I choked him.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    I hope you weren't wearing those knife gloves of yours, @DarthDimi.
    I let Jason have some fun, but now it's time for me to claim my children again. "I'm your boyfriend now, Nancy."
    So Michael isn't dead? Didn't see that one coming. ;)
    So Michael isn't dead? Didn't see that one coming. ;)

Spoiler alert! It's a big twist for the series, for sure.
    Maybe it'll be a copycat. On second thoughts, don't give them ideas.

The Halloween series is becoming as messy as The Texas Chainsaw Massacre films.
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach
    Perhaps burning the house and buggering off wasn't such a good idea.....talk about not learning your lessons....
    The Freddy flicks were worse in that regard. By Nightmare 5, they just resurrected Freddy through some muddled dream logic. But hey, "It's a boooooooy!" instantly makes me happy again. :D

FondWeightyDarwinsfox-size_restricted.gif

As for Halloween, they could go copycat (Friday 5) or pretend-it's-Michael-but-then-the-real-Michael-is-comes-after-all (Hellraiser 8).

Here's my line of thinking. I know you're all going to want to chainsaw me in half for this, or bag me up in a sleeping bag and slam me against a tree, or haunt me in my dreams or knife me in the kitchen while I'm grabbing some milk, but I still think they need to settle whatever rights issues they may still have and deliver us some crossover fun. Pinhead, Freddy, the Chuck, Leatherface, Jason, Michael, Ghostface, Norman, Jigsaw, ... all thrown in one big pot. It could work and it could be fun. Dispense with established continuities and make it a carnival of slasher killers.
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    The Freddy flicks were worse in that regard. By Nightmare 5, they just resurrected Freddy through some muddled dream logic. But hey, "It's a boooooooy!" instantly makes me happy again. :D

As for Halloween, they could go copycat (Friday 5) or pretend-it's-Michael-but-then-the-real-Michael-is-comes-after-all (Hellraiser 8).

Here's my line of thinking. I know you're all going to want to chainsaw me in half for this, or bag me up in a sleeping bag and slam me against a tree, or haunt me in my dreams or knife me in the kitchen while I'm grabbing some milk, but I still think they need to settle whatever rights issues they may still have and deliver us some crossover fun. Pinhead, Freddy, the Chuck, Leatherface, Jason, Michael, Ghostface, Norman, Jigsaw, ... all thrown in one big pot. It could work and it could be fun. Dispense with established continuities and make it a carnival of slasher killers.

Shrugs a few points on the recent news

if Craven's Estate does have the rights expect Blumhouse to be doing a new one in 5... 4.. 3.. 2.. well you get the idea

And Darth I am far worse then you I am activily writing a Jaws 5 script in the hopes that my few tenuious connections to Hollywood actually manage to put it in front of a producers eyes. I am sorry if we can have 12 Friday the 13ths 10 (soon to be 12) Halloweens and what 10 nightmare on elm streets (I genuinely lost count) Jaws should at LEAST have 5 …

And before you moan and groan my Jaws 5 that I am writing is actually trying to be a good Jaws movie rather then a cheap tiein.
    Risico007 wrote: »

Shrugs a few points on the recent news

if Craven's Estate does have the rights expect Blumhouse to be doing a new one in 5... 4.. 3.. 2.. well you get the idea

And Darth I am far worse then you I am activily writing a Jaws 5 script in the hopes that my few tenuious connections to Hollywood actually manage to put it in front of a producers eyes. I am sorry if we can have 12 Friday the 13ths 10 (soon to be 12) Halloweens and what 10 nightmare on elm streets (I genuinely lost count) Jaws should at LEAST have 5 …

And before you moan and groan my Jaws 5 that I am writing is actually trying to be a good Jaws movie rather then a cheap tiein.

I have the fullest confidence your script will be ten times better than what Jaws 3 and The Revenge were trying to pull. :-)
    6ga1eoik5jr31.jpg
    edited October 2019 Posts: 40,490

THE-GRUDGE.jpg?ssl=1
    A crossover I would like to see is Djinn vs Leprechaun. It couldn't be worse than the last Wishmaster film, which is made all the more bad, because how much I love the original film (as mean spirited as it is).
    Dispense with established continuities and make it a carnival of slasher killers.

I’d be perfectly happy if most film series junked the idea of continuity anyway, but especially in horror movies.

A bit more like how the Fu Manchu films used to be. Fu Manchu would turn up, the heroes would defeat his dastardly plot, Fu would die in an explosion or something, but in the smoke you would hear the spooky words “the world shall hear from me again” and the next film would start it all over again.

Modern audiences don’t seem to like that approach and so movie companies have got hung up over continuity between films, but I think that’s a shame.

Hellraisers 5 through 10 are fairly continuity-less and I think that’s why I quite like them.
    New poster for horror film Underwater:

underwater-kristen-stewart-poster.jpg?resize=768%2C1137&ssl=1
    1) Very cool poster. 2) Vincent Cassel. I hope this film will be good.
    T.J. Miller can be a bit insufferable to me but I'm hopeful with the rest of the cast. I've avoided trailers for this but I love the idea behind it.
    edited October 2019 Posts: 15,690
    David Duchovny joins Blumhouse's remake of the 1996 horror film The Craft.

https://deadline.com/2019/10/david-duchovny-the-craft-cast-blumhouse-sony-1202762015/

---

Cinematographer Michael Simmonds returns for Halloween Kills.

The film’s cast includes Jamie Lee Curtis, Judy Greer, Andi Matichak, Kyle Richards, Anthony Michael Hall, and Nick Castle as Michael Myers.

https://hnentertainment.co/halloween-cinematographer-michael-simmonds-confirmed-for-halloween-kills/
    edited October 2019 Posts: 23,559
    I am really looking forward to that new Grudge film, except that I dislike the prospect of it not being set in Japan. In my opinion, The Grudge, even more so than The Ring, has to take place in Japan.
    edited October 2019 Posts: 15,690
    First trailer for The Grudge confirmed to arrive on Monday, October 28th.

grudge-ver2-xlg.jpg
    I want this! J-horror is my thing. I hope this one will scare me like the Japanese ones did.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    I can’t wait to see Andrea Riseborough in a more mainstream film. She’s a great actress who deserves more recognition.