The Horror Thread II: The Return

1133134135136137139»

Comments

• DenbighDenbigh UK
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    I'm really looking forward to this.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Hell yes.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited March 20 Posts: 40,473
    Hey that looks great! Set design, atmosphere, the darkness, I'm digging it. That's a very solid teaser.

rom-poster.jpg?resize=768%2C1138&ssl=1
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited March 21 Posts: 5,869
    Sorry guys, this is quickly becoming the ATJCommunity ;)

But I just wanted to share this quote from his Rolling Stone interview, where he discusses working on Nosferatu, one of my most anticipated films of the year...

nosferatu-remake.png?fit=1190%2C688&ssl=1

“Robert Eggers is such a cinephile, and such an encyclopaedia of film. I didn’t care how big the role [in Nosferatu] was, or whatever — I just wanted to be a part of his vision, and the boundaries he’s pushing in cinema. And when you work with people who are on that level of genius in their craft, there’s an energy with that that you ride on,” he enthuses. 

Often, Eggers shot the film with only one set-up per day, and with a dolly moving 360 degrees around a room during a scene — a bit more like filmed theatre than contemporary cinema. It meant that Taylor-Johnson and the rest of the cast had to aim for perfection. “It’s an ensemble piece — Willem Dafoe, Nick Hoult, Emma Corrin — and we became super tight,’ Taylor-Johnson says. “If you mess up your line or your beat, you went back to the beginning again. So, you felt very responsible for not messing up someone else. You could be 10 minutes into a scene and thinking, ‘Oh my God, Willem is absolutely crushing it, if I mess my bit up, that’s so unfair for them.’ So, we became really tight and reliant on each other, in a healthy, creative way. And you don’t experience that often in movies. And that’s all because of Robert Eggers, and how meticulous his approach is.”

Also, is there anyway we could get Fede Alvarez to direct a Friday The 13th movie? 👀
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    That Maxxxine trailer is bloody awesome!
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    That Maxxxine trailer is bloody awesome!

I was already pumped for it but didn't expect it to wow me that much either! I can't wait to see this movie.