The MI6 Community Awards Will Return *The Feedback and Updates Thread*

Comments

• QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Having two awards related to fan fiction is redundant. We may as well have Best Music/Video to go with Best Music/Video Editor; Best Fan Art to go with Best MI6 Artist, and so forth.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    QBranch wrote:
    Having two awards related to fan fiction is redundant. We may as well have Best Music/Video to go with Best Music/Video Editor; Best Fan Art to go with Best MI6 Artist, and so forth.
    I wouldn't say it's redundant at all. Just because someone is voted to have made the best video/poster/story doesn't mean they are the best editor/artist/writer. Having only one award would imply that whoever wins an award for their editing, art or writing project is also the best at that skill in the community, which I don't think could always be the case. For instance, Fleming could win an award for best story, but may lose out for best writer to someone like Hemingway who is regarded as more legendary in the literary world. Some writers are great at plotting but lack talents for things like dialogue, description and more; and vice-versa. Still, your feedback will be taken into consideration.
    I understand the best overall writer and best single work of fiction are two different beasts. I'm just saying if that's how it is to be, then it's only fair to use that template for all the other fan creation categories, hence my example above. Oh, and not because I want to increase my chances of winning an award, of course. ;)
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited May 2014 Posts: 28,694
    QBranch wrote:
    I understand the best overall writer and best single work of fiction are two different beasts. I'm just saying if that's how it is to be, then it's only fair to use that template for all the other fan creation categories, hence my example above. Oh, and not because I want to increase my chances of winning an award, of course. ;)

Okay, now we're on the same page.

New additions:
    Best MI6 User-Made Artwork
    Best MI6 User-Made Music/Video
    Best MI6 User-Made Prop

How's that?
    Looks good, buddy.

I think we should keep Strangest Bond 24 Rumor just to inject a bit of humour into the ceremony. I'm sure there's many strange rumours yet to come.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    I look forward to this starting up again.
    QBranch wrote:
    I think we should keep Strangest Bond 24 Rumor just to inject a bit of humour into the ceremony. I'm sure there's many strange rumours yet to come.
    Yeah, I think we'll save that category for last so that there is more room for rumors to spark up along the way, but I don't know if we'll get anything worth nominating this early in the production.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    QBranch wrote:
    Yeah, I think we'll save that category for last so that there is more room for rumors to spark up along the way, but I don't know if we'll get anything worth nominating this early in the production.

Agreed. The closer we get to filming, the more outrageous rumors we'll see, so if we save that for a little while, I'm sure we'll have a great deal to choose from.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    I think it was a beautiful gesture to rename the Biggest Connery Fan category after our old, sadly missed friend, Greg.

I'm looking forward to this year's edition boys!
    Alright, folks, we'll keep this open forum for feedback on these categories for a couple more days, at which point nominations for each one will kick off. Here are all the categories as decided so far:

The Greg Ferrell Award for Biggest Connery Bond Fan

Biggest Lazenby Bond Fan

Biggest Moore Bond Fan

Biggest Dalton Bond Fan

Biggest Brosnan Bond Fan

Biggest Craig Bond Fan

Most Off-Topic Thread

Strangest Bond 24 Rumor (this will likely be tossed out)

Best MI6 User-Name

Funniest/Most Entertaining MI6 Member

Best MI6 Artist

Best Music/Video Editor of MI6

Best Fan Fiction Writer of MI6

Best Fan Fiction of MI6

Best Prop Work of MI6 (For all the Qs out there)

Best MI6 User-Made Prop

Best Bond Related Announcement

Biggest Fan of the James Bond Video Games

Biggest Bond Music Fan

Biggest Automotive Bond Fan

Biggest Literary Bond Fan (The Fleming Novels and Beyond)

Best BondCapCon Round

Best BlofeldCatCapCon Round

Funnest User-Generated Game of MI6 (like the elimination games or debate thread)

Best Bond-Related User-Made Review (On the Books, Films, Games)

Best Bond 24 Fan-Made Poster

Best Bond 24 Fan-Made Trailer

I believe I'll be hauling out the attack ad against @chrisisall for "Best Dalton Fan" very soon...

"chrisisall was once caught ENJOYING Die Another Day. chrisisall is in way over his head. A message from the partyof StirrednotshakenisthebiggestDaltonfanofalltime.
    I believe I'll be hauling out the attack ad against @chrisisall for "Best Dalton Fan" very soon...

"chrisisall was once caught ENJOYING Die Another Day. chrisisall is in way over his head. A message from the partyof StirrednotshakenisthebiggestDaltonfanofalltime.

I'm with you there. That man apparently finds the Schumacher Batman films entertaining. Is he deranged? We might as well cast him out of society and send him up to be raised by wolves in them yonder woods.
    Also, the man likes 'Goldeneye.' What a pathetic los--oh, wait...
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    ---er.
    Most Egocentric MI6 Member
    How many times am I allowed to vote for myself?

I'm with you there. That man apparently finds the Schumacher Batman films entertaining. Is he deranged? We might as well cast him out of society and send him up to be raised by wolves in them yonder woods.

How can he call himself a fan of Dalton's legendary hard-edged portrayal when he appreciates such farce?
    Looking forward to your replies, @chrisisall.

How can he call himself a fan of Dalton's legendary hard-edged portrayal when he appreciates such farce?

Well, in my short time on this earth I have learned amongst many things that hypocrisy comes in many forms. ;)
    Looking forward to your replies, @chrisisall.

Aren't we all?
    Not all, I suspect.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Expect DarthDimi to weigh in any moment as the biggest Dalton fan around.

Oh and where is the actual Most Egocentric MI6 Member category?
    I can't see it on 0Brady's list ... and I so want to vote for my favorite Nordic loon.
    My vote goes to you, and so goes your reasoning.
    Hahahahahaha. Sly at times, eh?
    Shame that all your other posts back my vote for you. :)>-

Seriously, I cannot think of any other categories needed. Unless this one... Longest Running Thread You Thought For Sure Would Be Closed.
    The Nudity in The Living Daylights thread gets my vote. It lasted waaaaay longer than I thought it would.
    Hmm that could be a good thread. I'd say that would definitely be a nomination. I think we had a religious thread a long while back that managed to last a very long time, even though it was full of bickering and finger-pointing.
    Yes, the religious thread (was it Christian Symbolism in Skyfall?) and the black Bond thread (both actually lasted longer than I expected). Our original (what was it called?) Hair Thread. There are others, too, if we think about it. You come on to the forum and sometimes go, "Man, that thread is still happening?" :)
    Yeah, the longevity of some of these threads is really surprising at times. Then other times, you have obvious duplicate threads that get flagged or redirected, yet they manage to make it a few pages before being locked. Sometimes I'll post a link to the original thread, figuring the duplicate will get locked, then I end up posting on it a week or so later completely forgetting it's a duplicate.
  • edited June 2014 Posts: 19,339
    @MajorDSmythe is fiercely defensive of Dalton on here,he always has been a BIG fan of him as Bond.
    Alright, folks. Very soon, likely today, we will kick off the second annual MI6 Community Awards since everyone feels comfortable with the categories. The process will work as previously discussed, so feel free to scroll back on the last few pages to get caught up if you're in the proverbial fog about things.

Consider the torch officially lit on The Second Annual MI6 Community Awards!
    olympic-torch-lit-in-sochi.gif

Here are the even 30 categories that we will be getting nominees for in the coming weeks:

The Greg Ferrell Award for Biggest Connery Bond Fan

Biggest Lazenby Bond Fan

Biggest Moore Bond Fan

Biggest Dalton Bond Fan

Biggest Brosnan Bond Fan

Biggest Craig Bond Fan

Most Off-Topic Thread

Strangest Bond 24 Rumor

Best MI6 User-Name

Funniest/Most Entertaining MI6 Member

Longest Running Thread You Thought For Sure Would Be Closed

Best MI6 Artist

Best Music/Video Editor of MI6

Best Fan Fiction Writer of MI6

Best Fan Fiction of MI6

Best Prop Work of MI6

Best MI6 User-Made Prop

Best Bond Related Announcement

Biggest Fan of the James Bond Video Games

Biggest Bond Music Fan

Biggest Automotive Bond Fan

Biggest Literary Bond Fan (The Fleming Novels and Beyond)

Best BondCapCon Round

Best BlofeldCatCapCon Round

Funnest User-Generated Game of MI6

Best Bond-Related User-Made Review

Best Bond 24 Fan-Made Poster

Best Bond 24 Fan-Made Trailer
    And remember, have fun, everyone! These were a real blast last year and I'm honored to be helping this year, but when it all boils down, these should be taken lightly and enjoyed. Also, once again, if you have any questions, concerns, etc. throughout the entirety of this, feel free to PM Brady or myself. Let the games begin.
    I'm glad you guys decided to keep the 'strangest rumour' category. I think we'll be getting some nominees any day now. ;)
    QBranch wrote:
    I'm glad you guys decided to keep the 'strangest rumour' category. I think we'll be getting some nominees any day now. ;)

We already got one this morning! ;-)

I think Brady even pointed out that it'll be a nice addition to that category.