The MI6 Community Awards Will Return *The Feedback and Updates Thread*

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 has always been the host of these, and I've helped him in the past; however, if I recall correctly, the last time we tried this out, things stalled rather quickly due to a lack of votes/interest. Shame, because the first time around we tried this, it was a blast.
    Go for it @Creasy47 .....nothing to lose and the site is buzzing at the moment tbh !
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    I would love to get this going again.
    I'd be more than happy with trying to kick these off once again, but the inception of these awards came from Brady, so I couldn't try and begin it once again without him. If he's up for running them once more and having me assist, though, that'd be great! Always enjoyable finding a reason to compliment one another - it's why I liked that interview thread so much, as it allowed us to get to know one another better by putting the spotlight on one member at a time, but alas, that one fell through, too.
    Try that again as well......strike while the iron is hot @Creasy47 !!!
    The only issue I ran into with that one was trying to interview members who had the proper free time to answer the questionnaire within a week or two. I just got unlucky with having a few of them stall out in a row, but it's understandable, life keeps us all busy. Maybe one day soon I'll fire it up again!
    I would do...1-2 weeks is easily enough surely !
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    I would answer all your questions in a couple of hours!

But then I'm an open book already LOL so it'll be boring :P
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    The only issue I ran into with that one was trying to interview members who had the proper free time to answer the questionnaire within a week or two. I just got unlucky with having a few of them stall out in a row, but it's understandable, life keeps us all busy. Maybe one day soon I'll fire it up again!
    I would love to see it revived. That is one hell of a thread.
    I think if I do, I'm just going to select each person I interview, ensuring that it's someone who is typically on the forums at least once a day or so. That way, we can get things moving along at a much more comfortable pace.
  • edited January 2017 Posts: 19,339
    That makes sense,and maybe message them and get their guarantee that they will be around to answer the questions,before hand.
    edited January 2017 Posts: 40,490
    I always do. It used to be like this: I'd elect the first person, interview them, allow them to select the second person, and from there, I'd PM that second member to ensure they were free, then interviewing them from that point on.

As I said, though, life does get in the way, and someone may think they've got a week for questions, before something crops up and keeps them busy. The last few interviews stalled out because of that.
    Thats clever ...maybe have someone else on standby,but then again,if they accept the interview,they should act on it...but since it was last on here,i think the thread stands a better chance simply because i think the forum has settled now into a great bunch of dedicated posters and thread creaters than before,so it may have been a knock-on effect from the old site and people coming and going..its worth going for it again @Creasy47 me old mate ,i think.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Oy, this beast of a thread again. Just when I thought it'd died...

Yes, as @Creasy47 said, every time the both of us try to run this it gets no traction fast. I posted the first category, didn't get any comments on it in half a week and when I did the people voting were few and far between. Most members just showed up to say how happy they were to be nominated, etc. and it bogged things down a good bit. There's interest at the start of this process every time, but then once it all kicks off people don't show up to play, so to speak. How we got through it the first time is a great mystery.

Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me. I hate to do this a third time and come up with the same results, especially since I'm very busy at the moment with a lot of other things, including the Bondathon. @Creasy47 and I want to do this, it's just that it's very hard to get the community as a whole to engage at times. It's difficult, because we all have our own lives and things that take us away, so it's understandably hard to get this going or sustain it once it begins.

It's also awkward when it comes to some categories because I've been in situations where people were upset with me or others for winning one thing or another over them (especially in the biggest Bond Actor Fan categories), and it resulted in bad feelings. It seems to always turn into a bit of a ego hit for some, and leads to hurt feelings, etc.

I don't know. I just don't know.
  • edited January 2017 Posts: 19,339
    Maybe make it an open forum (moderated of course) for members to ask questions over a month ,so only 12 members are interviewed in a year ...making it more exclusive and interesting ?
    It's all a matter of timing, I'd say. I think the best time for stuff like this is now, when the forums are experiencing this sort of sluggish downtime due to there being no new information regarding the next installment.

It's all up to you, Brady. If you feel any interest in firing it up in the coming months, shoot me a PM and let me know and we can try it again. At least if it doesn't pan out once again, we tried.
    Any interest in resurrecting this thread @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 ?
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    @barryt007, no. I'll think about it again in the coming months leading to summer where I'm less busy, but I wouldn't hold your breath.
    @barryt007, no. I'll think about it again in the coming months leading to summer where I'm less busy, but I wouldn't hold your breath.

Fair enough matey !

There are very few people interested in this every time we try this. The very first time Brady let me help with it, it was a blast with so many people joining in, but after that, the interest disappeared unfortunately.
    There are very few people interested in this every time we try this. The very first time Brady let me help with it, it was a blast with so many people joining in, but after that, the interest disappeared unfortunately.

@Creasy47, that's always my hang up with these things. I don't want to pour time and energy into something that trickles out and loses participants along the way.

@Creasy47, that's always my hang up with these things. I don't want to pour time and energy into something that trickles out and loses participants along the way.

The main issue is that it's something that does require a good bit of people to contribute; at least with the Bondathon, a few of us were participating still at the end but it didn't necessarily need dozens of us participating, either. There's no way to even judge interest in it, as people can easily line up to say they'd vote, just to not do it when the time comes.

Would love if we could pull this off again one day, though.

The main issue is that it's something that does require a good bit of people to contribute; at least with the Bondathon, a few of us were participating still at the end but it didn't necessarily need dozens of us participating, either. There's no way to even judge interest in it, as people can easily line up to say they'd vote, just to not do it when the time comes.

Would love if we could pull this off again one day, though.

@Creasy47, absolutely. The issue we ran into in a minor case the first time and heavily for the second is that we'd only have a few votes for a category, and those nominations didn't add up to a comprehensive list for people to choose from. Some categories got one or two votes, others none. Can't make much of an awards event out of that.
    Exactly, so the voting would be rather skewed/biased if only a few of us were voting. We can't make people participate, but at the same time, it's not vexing having to take a minute or two to vote for someone, either.
    Exactly, so the voting would be rather skewed/biased if only a few of us were voting. We can't make people participate, but at the same time, it's not vexing having to take a minute or two to vote for someone, either.

You also run into the issue of people just voting for the same people over and over instead of voting for other people to expand the nominee base for later selection.
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, that did happen last time, didn't it? I noticed people kept nominating the same person, and I don't think they realized we were in the nomination phase, not the voting phase.
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, that did happen last time, didn't it? I noticed people kept nominating the same person, and I don't think they realized we were in the nomination phase, not the voting phase.

Yes, the nomination and voting always gets confused, though understandably so. It's a strange process for people to nominate someone and then return a month of so later to vote for essentially the same person. Maybe a better way around that can be gotten?
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I think it is too elaborate a process for this kind of community. Keep it simple.
    I think it is too elaborate a process for this kind of community. Keep it simple.

I just don't know how we'd go about that, even if we just cut out the nomination process and headed right to voting. It just wouldn't make a lot of sense.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Reduce the nomination period to a week perhaps?