Star Wars (1977 - present)

Comments

• chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Book of Boba Fett Episode 6 WOW just wow, I got chills watching this.

Same here. THIS is my Star Wars! Last episode next week will be amazing.....
  • edited February 2022 Posts: 1,314
    Me too.

I think this highlights what I said in a previous post

Boba is completely redundant as a character. He isn’t a character. He’s a costume. Mando stole his mystique and his cool already. Nothing of consequence has happened in the first 4 episodes. It’s just a nostalgic tour through “things-I-know world”. Most of which has been done through flash backs with little happening in the here and now and subsequently, little or no narrative drive.

Mando has propelled his owned story and mythos forward more in half the time.

I love the world building and tie ins to the sequel trilogy. And the cgi face tech is perfect
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    It's not quite perfect 100% of the time, but it's so much better than last year already (this feels like Deepfake whereas I think last time they used a 3D CG face) and crucially the first couple of shots we saw him really were perfect: he was just sat there as if no time had passed. Amazing.
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    How awfully fake he looked the last time was ruinous of the ending of that ep and put a bad taste in my mouth. It was like watching a bad PS2 rendering.

Not only did they improve on it here, but Luke is a little more in line with what I wanted to see out of the character than in that Mando episode.
    Star Wars is the new Marvel.
    chrisisall wrote: »
    Star Wars is the new Marvel.

I think marvel has a far mor unified fan base though. And consistently hits home runs
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    It was great, came in to work early to watch it in the office lol
    mtm wrote: »
    It's not quite perfect 100% of the time, but it's so much better than last year already (this feels like Deepfake whereas I think last time they used a 3D CG face) and crucially the first couple of shots we saw him really were perfect: he was just sat there as if no time had passed. Amazing.

Lucasfilm hired a guy who was doing deepfakes on YouTube; this might be what we’re seeing now. I thought he looked much better in this ep too.
    How awfully fake he looked the last time was ruinous of the ending of that ep and put a bad taste in my mouth. It was like watching a bad PS2 rendering.

Not only did they improve on it here, but Luke is a little more in line with what I wanted to see out of the character than in that Mando episode.

Hoping it’s a matter or time before they go back and do all of Tarkin and Leia in rogue one and the finale of mando
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Lucasfilm hired a guy who was doing deepfakes on YouTube; this might be what we’re seeing now. I thought he looked much better in this ep too.

Yeah I'm sure that must be the case.
    So now that the tech is there, can we PLEASE have Dalton's third Bond movie!?!?!?!?!?!?
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    Absolutely loved episode 6! It makes me want two shows, a Luke centric show and a Cobb Vanth centric show. And…
    we finally get Cad Bane in live action!
    While I’m put off by Boba basically getting shunned by his own show, I’m too excited over all the awesome stuff that’s happening in the latest episodes! I really hope we get to see Boba be the ultimate badass in the final like he was in season 2 of The Mandalorian.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited February 2022 Posts: 23,271
    One square off in the finale likely to happen is
    Boba vs Cad Bane
    Absolutely loved episode 6! It makes me want two shows, a Luke centric show and a Cobb Vanth centric show. And…
    While I’m put off by Boba basically getting shunned by his own show, I’m too excited over all the awesome stuff that’s happening in the latest episodes! I really hope we get to see Boba be the ultimate badass in the final like he was in season 2 of The Mandalorian.

It’s kind of weird the boba thing isn’t it. But once he takes off his helmet the costume looks kind of incongruous and dare I say ridiculous. In episode 6 when they’re looking at the map of mos espa, in basically his living room, and he’s standing there with a rocket pack on. It just looks silly. There’s literally no danger, he isn’t out and about bounty hunting, he’s just talking and there’s no need for it. It’s like an doctor wearing stethoscope and white overcoat while eating his cornflakes in the morning at home.
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    edited February 2022 Posts: 1,812
    Boba vs Cad Bane

Or…
    Fennec Shand vs Cad Bane. They squared off in an episode of the Bad Batch and it was a pretty good fight.
    Matt007 wrote: »

It’s kind of weird the boba thing isn’t it. But once he takes off his helmet the costume looks kind of incongruous and dare I say ridiculous. In episode 6 when they’re looking at the map of mos espa, in basically his living room, and he’s standing there with a rocket pack on. It just looks silly. There’s literally no danger, he isn’t out and about bounty hunting, he’s just talking and there’s no need for it. It’s like an doctor wearing stethoscope and white overcoat while eating his cornflakes in the morning at home.

That’s true. There’s really no need for him to be wearing his armor in his own home. Especially his rocket pack with a missile attached to it.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Boba vs Cad Bane

Or…
    Fennec Shand vs Cad Bane. They squared off in an episode of the Bad Batch and it was a pretty good fight.
    Matt007 wrote: »

That’s true. There’s really no need for him to be wearing his armor in his own home. Especially his rocket pack with a missile attached to it.

I was thinking more
    Boba vs Cad Bane
    Given the state of the art NOW after seeing Luke in extended scenes, are any of us eager to see a new Bond movie with Timothy Dalton? Or even Sean Connery (but the voice would have to be an impressionist...)?
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I'll gladly take a new Brosnan film. ;)
    Murdock wrote: »
    I'll gladly take a new Brosnan film. ;)

Me too!
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    We should just make our own Brosnan Bond fan video game.
    I would start small and just put Sir Rogers digital image on the blatant stuntman's face in his later films.
    mattjoes wrote: »
    We should just make our own Brosnan Bond fan video game.

@mattjoes, Funny you should mention that because a friend and myself have been working on remastering his Everything or Nothing model.
    LlqPvqN.png
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    Fantastic work, @Murdock!
    Thank you. :)
    I feel like a digital dinosaur.
    Book of Boba Fett Episode 7 it was terrible though entertaining terrible. There were some mind bogglingly bad character decisions made throughout this one, really poor writing. One or two vfx action scenes were decent.
    Why Boba did not use Slave One is beyond me.

Ultimately the Finale did fit with the first four episides I guess, though episides 5 and 6 were so good I expected much better than what we got in the Finale.
    Book of Boba Fett Episode 7 it was terrible though entertaining terrible. There were some mind bogglingly bad character decisions made throughout this one, really poor writing. One or two vfx action scenes were decent.
    Why Boba did not use Slave One is beyond me.

Ultimately the Finale did fit with the first four episides I guess, though episides 5 and 6 were so good I expected much better than what we got in the Finale.

I concur. Not bad, but it could & should have been better.
    Not long to wait for the next SW TV series...

obi-wan-poster.jpg?format=jpg&quality=80&width=850&ratio=1-1&resize=aspectfit

https://www.empireonline.com/movies/news/obi-wan-kenobi-series-lands-in-may-see-the-first-poster/

They better not mess this one up.
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    Prequel fans will lose their minds if they bungle that one.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    John Williams has written the theme tune for it, which is lovely news.