Star Wars (1977 - present)

Comments

• KenAustinKenAustin United States
    I don't mind that he's come back from the pit, but the whole "crime lord of Tatooine" thing with his helmet constantly off is not grabbing me.

All of the stuff with the Tuskens, prior to the events of The Mandalorian, I think is great.

I can agree with that
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    I will stick with Boba... hopefully it will improve, I have heard rumours a major character is going to show up at some point.
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    The Book of Luke Skywalker with Mark Hamill would have been a much more interesting show or even Movie.
    What happens to Luke after ROTJ.
    He is one of motion pictures greatest heroes.
    Not the garbage they portrayed him as in the sequels, living on a deserted island on his own didn't do him justice.

If it’s anything like his PS2 appearance in Mando, NO THANKS.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Book of Boba Fett Episode 3 its not improving, the lead is not good enough to carry a show. I have a multitude of other issues with the show, it's a dud to be brutally honest.
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia
    edited January 2022 Posts: 2,352
    The Book of Luke Skywalker with Mark Hamill would have been a much more interesting show or even Movie.
    What happens to Luke after ROTJ.
    He is one of motion pictures greatest heroes.
    Not the garbage they portrayed him as in the sequels, living on a deserted island on his own didn't do him justice.

If it’s anything like his PS2 appearance in Mando, NO THANKS.

If they do it do it properly and not like they did in Mando (with the cgi) at 70, Mark Hamill, i think it's not too late for a Luke Skywalker movie or series.

Luke Skywalker has to be the most popular character in the Star Wars world ?
    As much as I like Luke, I’m ready to leave that character behind. His story was essentially finished with ROTJ anyway.
    As much as I like Luke, I’m ready to leave that character behind. His story was essentially finished with ROTJ anyway.

Luke on a farm with a young family ,R2D2 AND C3PO along for the ride = box office gold..... 👍 Maybe add the popular Zendaya to the cast and it's double gold.. 😉

But no ewoks........ 😆

If Spider-Man: No Way Home can make a Gross worldwide of $1,538,282,364 so far this could beat it.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Is Star Wars science fiction?

I’ve read some compelling arguments that it isn’t, just a story that happens to take place in space, but unlike Star Trek not really about space or science fiction, but then I read some definitions of science fiction and Star Wars seems to fit. What do you all think?
    Is Star Wars science fiction?

I’ve read some compelling arguments that it isn’t, just a story that happens to take place in space, but unlike Star Trek not really about space or science fiction, but then I read some definitions of science fiction and Star Wars seems to fit. What do you all think?

I think space opera is the more accurate genre description. Much like FLASH GORDON was where outer space was more of a backdrop. A lot of Star Wars stories could easily be translated to the real world stories because it’s mostly about war, heroism and romance.

That’s why a lot of fans hated the introduction of medichlorians because that was too science fiction and took away from the fantasy of the force being something magical you couldn’t quantify. I didn’t think it was that big of a deal.

Star Trek however has been both science fiction and space opera because the concept of the show actually allows the franchise to be flexible on what kind of stories can be told. TOS had military episodes, court dramas, wacky comedies, horror, morality plays, etc. That’s why Trek had such an easy time being able to branch out into the plethora of shows.

Star Wars has been trying to figure out how to tell stories that aren’t as focused on Skywalker, Jedi, the Force, etc because they’ve been so ingrained in the nine episode saga. THE MANDALORIAN turning out as well as it did showed the franchise could branch out with different kinds of shows. It’ll just depend on how well Disney pulls it off in the future. For now, Star Wars no longer has to be just the saga films.
  • KenAustinKenAustin United States
    If memory serves me correctly Lucas wrote it as a "space western"...gunslingers and everything...I think Star Wars more closely resembles what real life in space might be versus Star Trek...I always thought of Han Solo as a truck driver that attempted to do his own dispatching on the next load of freight going wherever. Star Trek always struck me as a globalists dream of some sci-fi utopia where no one wants anything accept to serve in Starfleet, the only ounce of realism in my opinion was when the father in Into Darkness committed the act of terrorism to save his dying daughter, or when Kirk ended up in a bar fight in the first movie, other than that I just imagine side scenes with people wandering around in parks holding hands with a ridiculous looking ship in the background.
    Funnily, Gene Roddenberry’s pitch for the original Star Trek was “Wagon Train to the Stars”. It very much has its roots in westerns. But Star Wars has been more overt about it, especially the latest TV shows.
    Book of Boba Fett Episode 4 Slave 1 looked cool in a couple of scenes and that's about it, there was more flashbacks of stuff we already know.
    Book of Boba Fett Episode 4 Slave 1 looked cool in a couple of scenes and that's about it, there was more flashbacks of stuff we already know.

More Jon Favreau average entertainment.

It's a stark contrast to The Mandolarian, Boba feels like it's been phoned in.
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    edited January 2022 Posts: 1,812
    Just finished episode 4 and it’s probably the best of the show so far. The show isn’t terrible imo but it’s nothing special. Which is sad because it really could’ve been. I’d rather see more of Boba’s rise to power than the flash backs, which is what the show has mostly been. It seems like this episode could be the last of the flashbacks since he’s completely healed from the bacta tank, as we only get the flashbacks when he’s using it. And I’m excited for the next episode because
    we got a pretty good hint that Din Djarin will be in the next episode or two with The Mandalorian theme playing at the end.
    edited January 2022 Posts: 2,352

It's a stark contrast to The Mandolarian, Boba feels like it's been phoned in.

I'm not watching any more Boba Fett. It's boring.

Jon Favreau, Kathleen Kennedy and the other clowns at Lucasfilm are to blame. :)]
    edited January 2022 Posts: 23,270
    Book of Boba Fett Episode 5 this episode was pretty awesome and infinitely better than the first four episodes. Without giving spoilers away ii becomes clear almost immediately why this is good. The budget/acting/direction is far superior than what proceeded it.

I will definitely rewatch this one.
    Mando's new ship had me smiling.

Bryce Dallas Howard directed, Bryce certainly has inherited her dad's talent.

Rewatching this episode it is already one of my favourite things from Disney Star Wars.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    It’s good this week, I really enjoyed it.
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    The Book of Boba Fett: Chapter 5 is by far the best episode! However…
    I couldn’t help but feel it was the season 3 premiere of The Mandalorian. There was no Boba in this episode and it’s his own show!
    As great as this episode was, I can’t help but think what the heck is the point of this show? To make money, sure, but in the long run I hope they have a plan for where this is all going.
    The Boba Fett story arc is a dud, I am just happy I got to see some quality SW.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited January 2022 Posts: 14,933
    I love that people are complaining because they enjoyed an episode :D

Fun thing: apparently the long thin component he buys from the Jawas is the same as the object Han uses to try and jam between the walls of the trash compactor in Star Wars :)
    Roommate pressured me into watching the Boba Fett show with her. As I’m watching it just occurred to me, why is it called THE BOOK OF BOBA FETT? When does a book even come to play in this plot? So far it’s just fighting sand monsters and pretending to be a gangster.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    I enjoy the show, although it's no Mandalorian. Oh wait-! ;)
    It’s so bizarre that in the Mandalorian centric episode we see Din behaving far more ruthless than Boba. The guy decapitated someone’s head off! But Boba is trying to be the “nice” crime lord.

I stand by my opinion that the only show I’m interested centered on Boba Fett is a prequel series where he earns his reputation as a vile bounty hunter over the years. Make him a mean son of a bitch. A detail I like in EMPIRE is when Vader is trying to keep Boba in check because he knows how trigger happy he is. Like, when Vader is telling YOU to bring it down a notch, that says something.

But noooo, Disney wants to appease mindless fanboys that want to be assured Boba survived the sarlac pit because they didn’t like how Lucas clowned him. Whatever.

[/rant]

Looking forward to more Mando.
    edited January 2022 Posts: 23,270
    Original Anakin v Obi Wan fight...

This was originally posted by Hayden.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    This is fun.
    This is fun.

John Williams music is insanely good.
    Book of Boba Fett Episode 6 WOW just wow, I got chills watching this.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited February 2022 Posts: 5,869
    I'm interested to know peoples thoughts on The Book of Boba Fett...
    I'm aware people have really enjoyed the last two episodes but I'm more talking about this quite shocking and quite obvious disservice its somewhat doing to its own title character? If you're making a show about Boba Fett, surely that's who you want people to be rooting for? Not relieved when you cut away from him, and spend two episodes with someone else. Again, I understand the love for Mando, Grogu, Luke, and Ahsoka, but it seems strange to me to do your main character dirty like that, especially when Mando has his own show, with Ahsoka getting hers.

If they really felt this was necessary then they should've done a lot more to make the episodes we were spending with Boba Fett substantial and entertaining because all I've heard is that people have been either bored or confused.
    I have no issue with episides focusing on other SW characters, Clone Wars and Rebels did that quite often and its world building.

The disservice to Boba was bad acting, writing and direction in the episides he was actually in.