Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016)

Comments

I can hold your hand, Brady. :)
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Question: Will there be a solo movie with Affleck as Batman? If so: any idea of what year it will be released?
    I hope so- but all I know for sure is he's in Suicide Squad
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."

Suicide Squad is in 2 parts, right? Or is it the Justice League movie?

I'm more interested in Suicide Squad than this film honestly. I like David Ayer (really enjoyed Training Day and Fury, Sabotage was poor though imo) and the premise of that one sounds really fresh. We get loads of superhero movies now and I'm sick of them but a team of super villains, being forced to work for the good guys, that's actually an original interesting sounding premise. Plus I like some of the actors involved, like Will Smith and Margot Robbie, and I'm looking forward to seeing the new Joker.

This film on the other hand is the opposite for me. I have no faith in the director (not a Zack Snyder fan at all) I'm not a huge fan of any of the cast (Jesse Eisenberg in particular, I can't stand) and while I like some of the Batman films I'm too sick of superhero films to properly care about another one (Suicide Squad, like I said, is different because the focus on the villains sounds interesting), plus I hated Man Of Steel.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    I am still waiting to hear what role Jena Malone has in this film. There hasn't been any reveal like Eisenburg as Luther, so i'm guessing that it's a small role.
    @thelivingroyale I thought Sabotage was awesome. Proper badass Arnold, and a lot of blood and guts which I liked. Final chase scene was totally insane and epic.
    as far as I know their will be a solo batman film either in 2019 or 2020. now word on plot title or villain.

Suicide Squad is one film

Justice league is split in two parts

and I am more excited for this then SS I just I dunno Will Smith as DeadShot Joker again at least a cameo from Killer Croc will be kind of cool
    @thelivingroyale I thought Sabotage was awesome. Proper badass Arnold, and a lot of blood and guts which I liked. Final chase scene was totally insane and epic.

I'm a big Arnold fan but I was disappointed by it. I thought there wasn't enough action for it to be a good action film and the story was too poor for it to be a good thriller. Didn't really like any of the characters either aside from Arnold and the FBI agents, didn't like any of Arnolds team so I struggled to care. I thought that after playing up his persona to be self aware in the Expendables films, relying on his old classic lines, etc, it was a pretty good move by Arnold to play a different sort of character, ditching the one liners and being more of a grizzled old badass, but overall I thought the film was a disappointment. Which is a shame as I like the director and I'm a big Schwarzenegger fan.
    30 seconds of the trailer leaked I know mi6'ds policy on leaks so I am not gonna post a link or anything I will say

OH MY GOD March 2016 needs to be Tomorrow!
  • edited April 2015 Posts: 1,631
    Question: Will there be a solo movie with Affleck as Batman? If so: any idea of what year it will be released?

It's rumored to be in the works for 2019. Working title is believed to be The Batman, and Affleck is a candidate to direct the film.
  • edited April 2015 Posts: 2,081

Wait what, really?
    I'm more interested in Suicide Squad than this film honestly. I like David Ayer (really enjoyed Training Day and Fury, Sabotage was poor though imo) and the premise of that one sounds really fresh. We get loads of superhero movies now and I'm sick of them but a team of super villains, being forced to work for the good guys, that's actually an original interesting sounding premise. Plus I like some of the actors involved, like Will Smith and Margot Robbie, and I'm looking forward to seeing the new Joker.

This film on the other hand is the opposite for me. I have no faith in the director (not a Zack Snyder fan at all) I'm not a huge fan of any of the cast (Jesse Eisenberg in particular, I can't stand) and while I like some of the Batman films I'm too sick of superhero films to properly care about another one (Suicide Squad, like I said, is different because the focus on the villains sounds interesting), plus I hated Man Of Steel.

I mostly feel the same way. Looking forward to Suicide Squad far more.

So far I've only seen the first 2 movies Ayer directed, but will try and see the other 3 before Suicide Squad comes out. I loved the 1st, didn't like the 2nd. (I'm guessing everybody else has seen the other 3, and not the first 2... ;) )
    He also wrote Harsh Times, but didn't write Street Kings, so maybe he's better with his own material, I don't know. He's also writing Squad, maybe that's a good thing. My sample is too small to make conclusions, but he's definitely interesting.

Of Snyder's 6 movies I've only seen one, Man Of Steel, and didn't like it. I'm not excited by the BvS cast, and so on.

But, but... this movie has Batman... so I can't help but be interested. I may very well dislike it, and I am prepared for that possibility, but I absolutely have to see it. Preferably right now. :D

• edited August 2015 Posts: 4,813
    Look while you can, as it will likely get taken down soon:

cell phone camera footage of the real trailer and you can hear Batman's voice!!!

Affleck sounds tough as nails...

118793.jpg
    Batman: 'TELL ME.... DO YOU BLEED?

You will.'
    :-O

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=118793
    Looks like it's already been taken down.
    DAMNIT. Well Affleck sounded insane.

We'll hear it soon enough... it was crappy quality anyway Sorry guys :(
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    About a year ago I would have been very nervous about Affleck as Batman but now... I don't know why but the guy has made me more confident. It can't all be because of Jersey Girl. ;-)

Anyway, we'll see. This is obviously not a Batman film. And by now I've gotten used to crossover material, like JLA, not nearly matching up in terms of quality with pure Batman stuff. I'm talking about animated movies and comics. Let's just say that in the end I think Batman will always operate best without Robin or JLA friends.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I can't wait until this trailer launches and everyone hating on Ben sees the truth: he's going to be phenomenal. Monday, don't you be too long now.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    There's
    I can't wait until this trailer launches and everyone hating on Ben sees the truth: he's going to be phenomenal.
    The Benbat. Will. Rule.
  • Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    Apparently the whole trailer just leaked. It's crappy cell phone footage though so I'm gonna pass on it until Monday.
  • edited April 2015 Posts: 2,015
    Not so crappy at all (except for a few seconds). IMO It looks like Watchmen II, in a good or in a bad way according to what you think of it I guess.
    That Bathelmet looks like Lego. But I got a feeling the film won´t be that bad.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Not so crappy at all (except for a few seconds). IMO It looks like Watchmen II, in a good or in a bad way according to what you think of it I guess.

Yes, and judging by what Snyder did with Rorschach, his Batman could well be the best one yet.
  • edited April 2015 Posts: 4,619

Yeah it looks like this will be a full-on Zack Snyder film, unlike Man of Steel. Whether that's good or bad depends entirely on what you think of him as a director...
    I hope this project will get people to appreciate Snyder a little more again. The man who gave us the incredibly cool Dawn Of The Dead remake, the impressive 300 and the outrageous Sucker Punch deserves a little credit. Man Of Steel, too, is a great film IMO.
    Watch The Full BATMAN v SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE Trailer Right HERE

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=118811
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Thank you, @Dalton12. This movie will be epic.
    Thanks for that, @Dalton12!
    It really does look like it's going to be great.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    I'm... Unimpressed, actually. A bunch of random shots of a statue of Superman that we can barely see is even Superman until the moment it says "False God", which leads me to another point entirely.

How much time has passed since Man of Steel? Superman was at best the guy who destroyed half of Metropolis trying to save people from Zod, at worst an actual threat to humanity, and now he's got a statue? Did he even help in the 75 second reconstruction of Metropolis? Oh, and nobody notices the similarities between said statue and that mild mannered reporter at the Daily Planet?

Was I imagining things, or did those soldiers bow to Superman when he arrived? What's up with that? He causes the destruction of a city, further aids in it during a single fist fight, destroys a military satellite just so that they can't spy on him and, what, he's somebody you bow to? Granted, they know they can't shoot him, but bowing?

I'm a little confused by the jet swooping down and destroying a city street followed by the Batmobile driving along a city street. Was this a random jet trying to fire on somebody (Batman or Superman?) or was this the Bat Jet, in which case... Why was it firing on anybody?

It wasn't until the last moments, with Batman decked out like The Dark Knight Returns (I just hope he doesn't have to plug the suit into an outlet, because he did in the comic) and Superman landing in front of him, that started to pique my interest. That's disappointing for a movie we probably won't see another trailer for until at least December, if not January.
    There were some truly awesome shots in that trailer!

JacNgaZ.png
    EHO11OR.png
    tumblr_nmxmy5VbnC1scwxodo3_1280.gif

AND THIS!!!!
    tumblr_nmxmy5VbnC1scwxodo9_1280.gif
    I have to agree with @Agent007391. His post above sums it up quite nicely.

I must say, the best part of the trailer is Ben Affleck's Batman. Never thought I'd say that, but it is. I really like his voice. He took the idea behind Christian Bale's idea of how Batman should sound (which was a good idea but was awful in its execution) and actually made it sound good. I also really like the look of Batman.

The rest of it, though, looks like your typical Zack Snyder film, which is to say that this will, most likely, be an exercise of style over substance.