Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016)

Comments

• bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited April 2015 Posts: 23,883
    Doesn't Batfleck look especially beefed up in that last clip posted by @Master_Dahark? Like a bodybuilder on steriods? Certainly seeems a far cry from the lean, mobile batsuit they came up with for TDK/TDKR.

The trailer looks ok. Metropolis sort of has a Bladerunner/Dark City vibe, & the film appears to have a washed out/surreal/300 look to it - maybe intentionally.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Must...resist...watching...trailer...in...low...quality...
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Must...resist...watching...trailer...in...low...quality...

Good luck with that. Monday is far away.
    Ben Affleck is batman

I love the trailer I love Affleck as batman looking forward to The Batman in 2019
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Hmmmm it looks good but it didn't blow me away.
    Screw the cellphone footage. Here's the REAL DEAL!!!

And the Ben Affleck era of Batman begins
  • Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    edited April 2015 Posts: 1,257
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    I hope this project will get people to appreciate Snyder a little more again. The man who gave us the incredibly cool Dawn Of The Dead remake, the impressive 300 and the outrageous Sucker Punch deserves a little credit. Man Of Steel, too, is a great film IMO.

I know Zack Snyder gets a lot of flak but I actually like majority his films. I thought Dawn of the Dead was good, 300 was good, Watchmen was awesome and one of my favorites, and I may be one of the few people who liked Sucker Punch. I thought Man of Steel was his weakest of the bunch, it didn't really do much for me. And so far, BVS is looking pretty good too.

Batman is looking particularly badass

dgTOp50.gif
  • Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    edited April 2015 Posts: 1,257
    fO9gIQi.jpg

b3HaHph.jpg

N3fFZO4.jpg

WU5l9Nr.jpg

xzfBpDN.jpg

shOxP6s.jpg

IQSFzAg.jpg

BpkySlF.jpg

4ChxhX5.jpg

Fx3pvay.jpg

l17MOzA.jpg

cu6WC26.jpg

5P2m0Vf.jpg
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    The Batfleck is a must-see.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I hope it washes out that bad taste I got from Man of Steel.
    Murdock wrote: »
    I thought Man of Steel was one step away from being terrible (I've always disliked Zack Snyder). And this new trailer...well...it didn't do a thing for me. I'll certainly give it a shot, though.
    SJK91 wrote: »
    Murdock wrote: »
    I thought Man of Steel was one step away from being terrible (I've always disliked Zack Snyder). And this new trailer...well...it didn't do a thing for me. I'll certainly give it a shot, though.

I've only seen Dawn of the Dead. Which I loved and 300 and remembered liking it for the most part. Man of Steel was just dull and lifeless. I get what they were trying to do but Superman shouldn't be dull and lifeless. He's not a somber character like Batman. When I saw the original 1978 Superman movie for the first time, months after Man of Steel. I can believe how bad they messed it up.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    This is the 3rd time I see a very quick and swift 180 turn by a lot of people concerning a casting decision. Craig as Bond and Ledger as Joker are the other 2 I remember.
    Yeah Aflek was ridiculously hated. I don't understand why people have to be so horrible. One would have thought by now to give someone the benefit of the doubt and just wait beforeprejudgeing. Anyway, although the trailer didn't floor me I hope the movie turns out great, it does look good and I think Aflek is going to cement himself awesomely as batman.
    Regarding the hate against Afleck.
    4675064e74be608035200a63349b1fa6f78b7553b2846c980ce05f55eb4762eb.jpg
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    This is the 3rd time I see a very quick and swift 180 turn by a lot of people concerning a casting decision. Craig as Bond and Ledger as Joker are the other 2 I remember.

Has the response to Ben as Batman been good following this trailer? I haven't heard any reactions yet.

I wish we'd have gotten more story in the trailer, but from what we did get, I love the false god imagery and the public's overall discontent with Superman and the tension that brings up.

And Batman...Ben just looks massive in that suit, a real brute. This is a Batman that I would be scared of bad if I ever ran into him, something I can't say as much for Bale's Batman, at least not on this level. And Snyder's films always have great fighting choreography so I can't wait to see what style/s they've chosen to give to this interpretation of Batman. I just want to see him pummeling people into dirt so badly, showing off the suit in clear view. We've only gotten glimpses of it so far, and often in shadow.
    I can deal with style over substance very well, my interest slowly grows.
    And that expression on Bruce Wayne´s face.... I´m speachless.... There´s none of the trademark Ben Affleck woodenness, instead a whole bunch of feelings, expressed with fantastic understatement. I pray that it will be like that throughout the whole film.

doubleoego wrote: »
    Yeah Aflek was ridiculously hated. I don't understand why people have to be so horrible. One would have thought by now to give someone the benefit of the doubt and just wait beforeprejudgeing.
    The amount of hatred was ridiculous, but to be fair, a certain scepticism wasn´t too far-fetched, because for some strange reason Affleck was very wooden in many of his performances and proved to be a much better director than actor. Admittedly, in recent years his acting performances got more convincing too.

• pachazopachazo Make Your Choice
    I feel a little indifferent about the trailer. It wasn't horrible but it didn't intrigue or excite me either. I'm sure my interest will be piqued when more of the story is revealed.
    Just saw the trailer and ehh I'm sorry I'm just not feeling Ben Afflack as Batman. And I don't like the way the Batman costume is either. Idk hopefully the movie will change my mind.
    Am I the only one who was quite underwhelmed by the first trailer of "Batman vs. Superman: Dawn Of Justice"?

I loved the trailer for Marvel's "Ant-Man".
    I loved the trailer for "SPECTRE"
    I loved the trailer for "Star Wars 7"
    I loved the trailer for "Jurassic World"
    Hell, I even slightly liked the trailer for Marvel's "Avengers 2"

But this Batman vs. Superman-thing doesn't interest me the slightest. The trailer lacks any surprise or "what is that??"-element. It's basically, indeed, a fight of Batman vs. Superman. And that's it???
    Affleck is about all this film really seems to have going for it at this point. All of the Superman stuff in the trailer looked pretty unspectacular, not to mention that it made virtually no narrative sense given where Man of Steel ended up. But Affleck's Batman, granted in only very limited action thus far, looks promising.

The 2019 release of The Batman, hopefully directed by Affleck himself, can't get here soon enough.
    edited April 2015 Posts: 28,694
    dalton wrote: »
    Affleck is about all this film really seems to have going for it at this point. All of the Superman stuff in the trailer looked pretty unspectacular, not to mention that it made virtually no narrative sense given where Man of Steel ended up. But Affleck's Batman, granted in only very limited action thus far, looks promising.

The 2019 release of The Batman, hopefully directed by Affleck himself, can't get here soon enough.

How so? I feel the public criticizing Superman's motives is right in line with the destruction of Metropolis at the end of MoS and the danger Zod's attack posed. The false god imagery and themes should be very interesting as he tries to gain back the public's favor. I'm guessing Batman is one who steps in his line of fire to pacify him.

By the way, does anybody else think we hear our first bit of dialogue from Eisenberg's Luthor 43 seconds into the trailer?
  • edited April 2015 Posts: 1,631

How so? I feel the public criticizing Superman's motives is right in line with the destruction of Metropolis at the end of MoS and the danger Zod's attack posed. The false god imagery and themes should be very interesting as he tries to gain back the public's favor. I'm guessing Batman is one who steps in his line of fire to pacify him.

By the way, does anybody else think we hear our first bit of dialogue from Eisenberg's Luthor 43 seconds into the trailer?

The way the trailer presents it is that Superman has risen to a godlike status in the eyes of the people, something that shouldn't have happened following the events of Man of Steel. If they were just questioning him based on the events of that film, there wouldn't be a statue of Superman in the city and the soldiers wouldn't be bowing to him. This shows that they've accepted him as some kind of a god and savior based on the events of the previous film, which they wouldn't have, and now he's had some kind of fall from grace in the meantime.

The way the trailer presents it is that Superman has risen to a godlike status in the eyes of the people, something that shouldn't have happened following the events of Man of Steel. If they were just questioning him based on the events of that film, there wouldn't be a statue of Superman in the city and the soldiers wouldn't be bowing to him. This shows that they've accepted him as some kind of a god and savior based on the events of the previous film, which they wouldn't have, and now he's had some kind of fall from grace in the meantime.

I think it's quite possible that Superman was embraced by the public as a knee-jerk reaction to the attack, where he was viewed as a savior after that event. After all, he chose earth over Krypton at the end, which is a big deal as he embraces the planet's people as his own kin.

I don't think it's then implausible that after a while that fog of grandeur has faded for people, brought on by people like Luthor who are questioning just what good Superman is doing for the planet along with some other talking heads. Bruce is probably also involved in criticizing Superman and his motives.
    Considering he had a large hand in destroying a good portion of the city, I just don't see that happening.

It hardly matters, though. Storytelling isn't Zack Snyder's forte anyway, and this gripe with the film will probably be least of the problems the film has from a narrative perspective when it's finally released.
  • edited April 2015 Posts: 6,432
    This trailer is very intriguing, is Superman on red K or become corrupted by power or is that a evil clone. So many questions...
    Batman has a rifle in his hand whilst standing on top of the building. Dark Knight Returns references allover this trailer

Not read all the posts in case already been mentioned.
    Am I the only one who was quite underwhelmed by the first trailer of "Batman vs. Superman: Dawn Of Justice"?

No you are not the only one. Others have expressed similar sentiments.

doubleoego wrote: »

No you are not the only one. Others have expressed similar sentiments.

Definitely not the only one. If it weren't for how good Batman looked in the trailer, my enthusiasm for the project would have been completely wiped out.

edited April 2015 Posts: 28,694
    Considering he had a large hand in destroying a good portion of the city, I just don't see that happening.

It hardly matters, though. Storytelling isn't Zack Snyder's forte anyway, and this gripe with the film will probably be least of the problems the film has from a narrative perspective when it's finally released.

That was pretty unavoidable, honestly. He was vastly outnumbered, Metropolis was being wrecked by the alien technology as the Kryptonians were changing the earth's atmosphere, and Superman had to somehow stop every single one of them by himself. When two superpowered people like Zod and Superman are going at it, destruction is bound to happen, but Superman should in no way be blamed for that as he tried his best to contain a massive threat that was often beyond his means.

Of course, people are so ready to call out MoS and Superman for being a bad hero and letting the city become destroyed-again, stupid defense-but these same people have no issue whatsoever with New York's destruction in Avengers, or the destruction of the locations that will appear in Avengers 2. Double standards much?

For these superhero films, destruction is bound to happen as these superpowered individuals face massive threats, and the faster people realize that the better. I just don't see why DC gets all the hate but Marvel sails by unscathed.