Cast these people in a Bond film.

Comments

• edited August 2013 Posts: 14,831
    Well, according to the title of this thread you ask to cast them in a Bond film, not necessarily a past one. In any case, I always thought he would look like a Spang more than any past villains of the franchise. But since he is dead, I guess it will not happen anyway.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    - Gandolfini, I could see as Le Chiffre.

- Winstead, i'm not all that familiar with. I could only go off what I've seen in pics, and she's pretty, so i'd cast her as a secondary Bond Girl. Given her age, it would have to be recent, though i'm not sure which one she be suited to.
    Winstead has starred as McClane's daughter in Die Hard 4 and was the lead in Final Destination 3.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    She had a great part in Scott Pilgrim versus The World and she had the lead part in the 2011 version of The Ring. She was also in the Black christmas remake.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    She was also in Death Proof. :x

I'd cast her as Penelope Smallbone or perhaps Miranda Frost.
    Gandolfini I think would have been a good Scaramanga, Felix Leiter or like someone else mentioned Le Chiffre.
    Mary Elizabeth Winstead would probably be someone like Miranda Frost, that's quite a difficult one to figure out.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    edited August 2013 Posts: 16,330
    James Gandolfi in my eyes should have been one of the Spang Bros. Pefect for B24 or 25. Sadly it won't happen. RIP James.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Yes, James Gandolfini as one of the Spang Brothers would indeed have been perfect.
    Dragonpol wrote:
    Yes, James Gandolfini as one of the Spang Brothers would indeed have been perfect.

Him and Michael Madsen were my vision of the Spang Bros.
    Murdock wrote:
    Dragonpol wrote:

Another good choice, although I suppose he already played Falco in DAD.
    Madsen, whilst great in Reservoir Dogs, was truly shocking in DAD. Although in his defence, a number of other actors in that film do themselves no favours and the script is truly hideous.
    Dragonpol wrote:
    Murdock wrote:
    Dragonpol wrote:

Well several actors came back to play different roles so I think one more couldn't hurt. ;)
  • edited August 2013 Posts: 14,831
    Madsen, whilst great in Reservoir Dogs, was truly shocking in DAD. Although in his defence, a number of other actors in that film do themselves no favours and the script is truly hideous.

I started losing faith in him because of his role in DAD, then he was in Celebrity Big Brothers in the UK and he is really a has been in my mind.
    Murdock wrote:
    Dragonpol wrote:
    Murdock wrote:
    Dragonpol wrote:

Well several actors came back to play different roles so I think one more couldn't hurt. ;)

Yes. True story. I sort of thought that myself just after I posted that!
    Natalie Portman, whose acting class is esteemable. Get her into Bond now!
    Richardo wrote:
    Natalie Portman, whose acting class is esteemable. Get her into Bond now!

Not familiar with their work, but I guess that there's plenty of time between now and 2015!
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited August 2013 Posts: 13,935
    @Dragonpol Portman played Queen Amidala in the Star Wars prequel trilogy. My choice: watch V for Vendetta.
    <font color=orange size=7><b>34 - Pam Grier</b></font>

young-Pam-Grier12.jpg

<font color=orange size=7><b>35 - David Bowie</b></font>

David-Bowie.jpg
    I'm going to cast Pam against obvious stereotype. She had spunk in her younger days. The queen of the Shaft-like heroins from the blaxploitation era might have been a good Holly Goodhead, perhaps, or even Naomi in TSWLM.

Bowie is such a versatile actor! He should have done and can still do a Bond theme song. As an actor though, I can see him as Zorin, Koskov, Trevelyan, Carver all the way up to Mr White.
  • pachazopachazo Make Your Choice
    Pam would have been great as Tiffany Case. There's no way that she would have turned into a bimbo in the second half of Diamonds! Perhaps Solitaire as well? I like your Holly suggestion too.

Mr. Bowie could have been anything and everything. Zorin is the obvious choice but I could see him as Drax, Kristatos, Khan, Carver, Dr. Kaufman and even Gustav Graves.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    34 Pam Grier - It's the obvious choice, but the role that I would have liked to see Pam Grier in would be Solitaire. Maybe even Rosie Carver, I think Grier could have done much more with the same material as Hendry.

35 David Bowie - Again, it's obvious, but Max Zorin.
    DarthDimi wrote:
    I'm going to cast Pam against obvious stereotype. She had spunk in her younger days. The queen of the Shaft-like heroins from the blaxploitation era might have been a good Holly Goodhead, perhaps, or even Naomi in TSWLM.

Bowie is such a versatile actor! He should have done and can still do a Bond theme song. As an actor though, I can see him as Zorin, Koskov, Trevelyan, Carver all the way up to Mr White.

You must have read my mind, I was thinking Holly Goodhead too for Grier. I could have quite easily seen her in the role.
    DarthDimi wrote:
    <font color=orange size=7><b>32 - James Gandolfini</b></font>

061913_James_Gandolfini_600.jpg

<font color=orange size=7><b>33 - Mary Elizabeth Winstead</b></font>

mary_elizabeth_winstead_image.jpg

Gandolfini as Milos Columbo!

Winstead would make a great Dr Goodhead! :D
    DarthDimi wrote:
    <font color=orange size=7><b>34 - Pam Grier</b></font>

young-Pam-Grier12.jpg

<font color=orange size=7><b>35 - David Bowie</b></font>

David-Bowie.jpg

Pam Grier would be a cool Jinx!

Bowie hmmm? I think perhaps Gustav Graves!
    I think that James Gandolfi for Renard would be of excellence, as well as Mary Elizabeth Winstead as applied to Mrs. Jones. If I may, will certainly vouch for Pam Grier for "Jiacata" Jinx Johnson and throw in my towel for Mr. Bowie for Gustav Graves.
    Yes, Bowie for Max Zorin as he was touted for the role first.
    edited August 2013 Posts: 17,808
    QBranch wrote:
    @Dragonpol Portman played Queen Amidala in the Star Wars prequel trilogy. My choice: watch V for Vendetta.

Oh I have V for Vendetta on DVD. I must watch it some time soon!
    George Lucas cast Natalie as the most beautiful creature in the galaxy. One cannot blame him for that. ;-) Anyway, two more wonderful Natalie Portman performances, besides Leon, can be found in Beautiful Girls and Michael Mann's masterpiece of a film known as HEAT. :-)
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited August 2013 Posts: 4,443
    Pam Grier, look like a LTK Bond girl and because a chacter in that movie is named Pam.

2 weaks or so i watched The Prestige and David Bowie sound like Pierce Brosnan and also have a bit of him in his eyes. So mabey as James Bond insteed of Timothy Dalton, he is from 1947 Dalton from 1946. But i must also think about Kristatos from FYEO or Dominic Green/QOS.
    Pam Grier - Fatima Blush, even though she's not a character from the official franchise, but it's the first thing I thought of. If not that, then maybe Corrine Dufour or even Pam Bouvier

Bowie - The Thin White Duke could work as Professor Dent, Max Zorin, maybe LeChiffre or even Necros or Max Kalba. Certainly one of those names, he could fit right in