Goldeneye Workprint

Comments

• oo7oo7
    Some deleted scenes from dr no
    <object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/blk-lBTJhsA?hl=en_US&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/blk-lBTJhsA?hl=en_US&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/N5eNz_bAslw?hl=en_US&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/N5eNz_bAslw?hl=en_US&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
  • edited January 2014 Posts: 229
    Thought I might update this thread with a new video.

This workprint scene in the facility features an extra shot of the barrels after they have fallen on the soldiers not seen in the released movie.
    oo7 wrote:
    Some deleted scenes from dr no
    <object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/blk-lBTJhsA?hl=en_US&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/blk-lBTJhsA?hl=en_US&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/N5eNz_bAslw?hl=en_US&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/N5eNz_bAslw?hl=en_US&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

These made me laugh so much! Great stuff!!!
    Interesting that they put in the music of Leon- I think that would have told them it wasn’t going to work out!

Boris’s demise was an SFX shot so I suspect it hadn’t been completed when this was assembled.

If the 006 head shot is in there (which I’d love to see) then I would imagine a few other censorship cuts are as well:

•When Xenia shoots the workers at the Severnya station, there were originally several more shots of the people being killed.
    •Xenia's death was trimmed. The shot of her choking was longer.
    •The rabbit punch by Bond on Xenia is missing, but this was because of the BBFC, not the MPAA. The BBFC objected to it and Martin Campbell saw no need in making two versions of the scene for the US and UK, so it was cut from both.

There also might be an alternate version of Bond knocking out Xenia in the car as that was reshot, unless it is the rabbit punch mentioned above.

This alternative version of Dr No is certainly a massive curiosity as these additions didn’t show up when Lowry restored the original negative in 2004.
    As with FRWL and GF, it seems that censorship cuts were permanently made to the negative and are now lost forever.

For this to exist, I wonder if UA gave Fox a print based on a IP that was struck before the negative was altered. Its subsequently possible that print was ditched by MGM-Pathe exec’s in the late 80’s:
    http://www.dvdtalk.com/dvdsavant/s2731lowr.html

Did the FRWL workprint still contain the jump cut on the gondola? Or any of these cuts?:
    http://www.dvdtalk.com/dvdsavant/s2065russjump2.html

Those ’82 tapes might now be the only existence of Dr No uncut- for the sake of film preservation someone must find a way of digitally converting it!
  • Would really love to see the yacht manticore scene featuring xenia and the admiral as I hear it was originally much longer. Any possibility of uploading a clip to youtube?
    Can anyone upload the yacht manticore scene of the workprint edition?
    If Dr. No is uncut on that VHS, is it likely that FRWL is also uncut on its initial release?
    Can anyone confirm that 1982 release is uncut, i.e. provide evidence? It seems odd this would slip through the net when even the "uncut" Criterion LaserDisc was edited.
    Yo, Gunbarrels007. Where did you get the GoldenEye workprint and all the other workprints (Dr. No, Octopussy and The Living Daylights)? And are they on VHS, DVD or film reel?
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    Only just saw this. Unfortunately, most of the YouTube videos on here are gone. Could anyone here repost them. Also, the links to the GE Workprint no longer work, and I'd be very interested in seeing it.
    Do you mean links to the TLD workprint? the GE workprint has never surfaced as a whole unfortunately.
    I'm usually pretty good at saving off clips from YouTube, this time I didn't as both were only a few seconds and that's a shame as it was the only evidence.
  • suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    bondsum wrote: »
    @BondFanMedia says on another thread that there are some notable differences on TLD workprint, @Pierce2Daniel...

- The unused gunbarrel where Dalton made a jump
    - A few scenes are extended that were later cut a bit
    - The music is from previous Bond films since the score of TLD hadn´t been finished
    - No Main Titles
    - Necros voice sounds different (Wisniewski was later dubbed I think)
    - Afghanistan Airfield action sequence is missing

One has to really know the theatrical version inside out to spot all the details in the workprint.

But what really interests me is the uncut Dr No workprint. :)

The unused gunbarrel where Dalton made a jump??? Never heard about this?? Do you have a copy to upload please?
  • suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    Sorry just seen the post above!!!
  • edited April 2015 Posts: 114
    grunther wrote: »
    Do you mean links to the TLD workprint? the GE workprint has never surfaced as a whole unfortunately.
    I'm usually pretty good at saving off clips from YouTube, this time I didn't as both were only a few seconds and that's a shame as it was the only evidence.
    I already found the links to The Living Daylights workprint, but I really want to see the GoldenEye workprint. It's the only version of GoldenEye that is fully uncut without any of the MPAA edits. This includes:

•During the pre-credit sequence, when 006 is shot, originally one clearly saw the impact to the head, but this has now been deleted
    •The sex scene with Xenia making out with the admiral and eventually suffocating him has been much reduced.
    •Bond's rabbit punch on Xenia during a car ride was moved offscreen
    •The Severnaya hijack sequence was also cut with numerous shots removed of the workers being gunned down by Xenia.
    •Furthermore, Xenia's death was also toned down; originally her body was seen writhing against the tree for longer, before her back breaks with a crack and she slumps dead. The slump, sans sound effect, is all that remains.
    •When Trevelyan turns over after falling from the dish, the shot showing his bloodied face and a trickle of blood running oozing from his mouth was shortened.

See? This is why I need to see it.
    Sorry, yes I did mean the TLD workprint.
    Sorry, yes I did mean the TLD workprint.
    Of course, I feel curious to see it in its fully uncut form.
    If anyone finds the video where Alec shoots the guard, please post it.
    @MotleyCat74 I'm aware of the cuts, I listed some of those prior.
    A lot of die-hard fans want to see it, need to see it, feel they have a god given right to see it... but it ain't happening.
    It's highly unlikely it will happen through official channels like a Blade Runner release, that would mean a collector will have to leak but those that have it aren't leaking, their actually distancing. Presumably the originator had ties to the production/studio or knew someone that did and that puts them into a difficult position. Things got messy in the early 90's with the TLD workprint - EON tried hard to take it out of circulation. A repeat of this is perhaps why we're not seeing it yet.
    Maybe after the passing of time, and I mean like a couple of decades when the film is older and people care less, it might find a way out.
    I think there's footage of when Alec shoots the guard in the PTS embedded in the Blu-Ray special feature titled "GoldenEye: The Secret Files - The Cast".
  • Lancaster007Lancaster007 Shrublands Health Clinic, England
    Be interested in seeing the Dr No workprint. I could swear that when it first played on telly that Bond shot Dent in the back more than once. Seem to remember saying something along the lines of 'think he's dead James!' but as all other versions I've had only had the one in the back thought I was dis-remembering it!
    edited July 2015 Posts: 3,675
    Yeah I think I saw a version like that too.

Here's some TLD scenes:

• robcoperobcope St. Petersburg, FL
    I'm new to this site. Thanks for having me.

Does someone still have a copy of Alec shooting the scientist in the GE workprint? The video from 2 years ago has been removed from YouTube.

That TLD workprint is interesting. The gunbarrel is brutal. Who thought that was a good idea? I'm surprised John Glen didn't put a pigeon in there...
    Hello @robcope, welcome to MI6. I'm 99% sure that the footage you are looking for is embedded in the Blu-Ray special feature titled "GoldenEye: The Secret Files - The Cast". Very little of the GE work print exists, so that footage is great. Have fun! I hope you enjoy your time here!
    robcope wrote: »
    Does someone still have a copy of Alec shooting the scientist in the GE workprint? The video from 2 years ago has been removed from YouTube.

Here, there are a full report on the 007 deleted scenes, and there are the scientist : http://www.commander007.net/orbis/goldeneye/

• M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited July 2015 Posts: 4,442
    Nice to see some extra footage from this Felix from that TLD footage, but i can understand there remove it. Bond not realy need him and there scene's feel better if have fit in LTK.

But overall, it have been nice footage as extra kind of behind scene's feature or been at as delete/Extented scene's on SE dvd. Something for future BD release.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    ^
    English, dude. That ain't it.
    Hey, I'm back! I think I forgot a BBFC cut made to the film; Xenia's orgasm.

From Gavin Salkeld

The BBFC also shortened Xenia's orgasm, with her cries of Yes! Yes! reduced to just two in the final edit, with one cry being lost in the process.

I got the edit from the GoldenEye article on melonfarmers.co.uk, I recommend this article to you so you can learn about the BBFC and MPAA cuts. Cutting Edge is said on Facebook to be doing GoldenEye and should be out next year.

Cutting Edge is also doing Hard Target later this year. You should see more news about upcoming features from their Facebook page.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @MotleyCat74, so by "doing GoldenEye," you mean they'll be doing the full work print for release or something? I've no clue how all that works so I'm at a loss for what it means.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Cutting Edge is also doing Hard Target later this year. You should see more news about upcoming features from their Facebook page.

The John Woo directed Van Damme film? I like the theatrical version that's readily available, but I would have to buy any workprint/alternate cut if made available.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    @MotleyCat74, so by "doing GoldenEye," you mean they'll be doing the full work print for release or something? I've no clue how all that works so I'm at a loss for what it means.

Me too
This discussion has been closed.