Lost but now found! The Unreleased Bond Music Thread!

Comments

• CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Your Bond titles for early 2024 have been announced:

Expanded and Remastered 2CD sets of Live And Let Die and Octopussy coming next month.

LALD-environmental_Web.jpg
    octopussy-environmental_Web.jpg
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    86lkyu.gif

Well I hope you're happy @CraigMooreOHMSS such exciting news caused me to drool and now I've ruined my keyboard. ;)

One hell of a surprise for Christmas.

You know, the unused train music at the end of LALD, which was originally included in the second half of the track Bond Drops In, syncs perfectly with the film. I once played it against the images and it's clear it's designed to play along to the onscreen action.
  • Turns out we’re all on the Good list!!!!! 👍🏻
    Very welcome that we are getting 2 Bond CDs. Slightly surprising LALD is one of them.
  • Have almost all of LALD but nice to have it in better quality - Octopussy is great news…. Acrostar, Welcome to Delhi and the meal Bond has in the Hotel - the end of the scene contains a part David Arnold has used a lot in his Bond scores.
    Happy Christmas, indeed! What a wonderful surprise. Bodes well for the continuing future of these releases, also -- I wasn't particular hopeful we'd see any more.

Just in time to get me newly excited for my annual rewatch of OHMSS this afternoon, too. :D
    The music in the video is without a doubt the track Follow that Car, from Octopussy. It's the music that plays when Bond drives the car through the railway track.

I remember reading years ago that this music was tracked from another rendition of the Bond theme that is heard in the film, rather than specifically re-recorded for the scene, but I always doubted it because the performance sounded different. Now we know for sure that it was a separate recording.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited December 2023 Posts: 14,956
    Nice news; not sure I’ll go for LALD but I think OP is a shoo-in. I wonder why they left it so late to announce both in their joint anniversary year.

Come on though lads, next time it’s got to be Moonraker, you know you want to…
    edited December 2023 Posts: 6,726
    Artwork previews from now-usual LLLR designer Warm Butter Design:

https://warmbutter.com/albums/live-and-let-die/

https://warmbutter.com/albums/octopussy/
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    WOOOO WEEEEEE! Now that's some wonderful news to wake up too. OP is one I've been wanting an expansion to for ages. I'll take more LALD too.
  • chrisesqetcchrisesqetc London
    I found this film version of Just A Closer Walk With Thee without SFX. Can't take any credit for doing the work but thought I'd share here in advance of next week's LALD (and OP) release.

https://mega.nz/file/YhFRWZrI#WJsdYcqcA8awc4wgQqsMLEgPsJ_8j3m5zkre4777lKA
  • edited January 9 Posts: 40
    Assuming they’ve found the stash of master tapes… what do you think is coming next? Moonraker and a Dalton film?
    Moonraker and Licence To Kill seem likely since they were up for consideration in 2019 allegedly.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Murdock wrote: »
    Moonraker and Licence To Kill seem likely since they were up for consideration in 2019 allegedly.

LTK would be awesome. I like that score very much. And MR... If only!
    DarthDimi wrote: »

LTK would be awesome. I like that score very much. And MR... If only!

Same here. I love Michael Kamen's work. Moonraker is one of my Bond music holy grail's along with GE and AVTAK.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited January 9 Posts: 14,956

And it’s now the 45th and 35th anniversary of each respectively, and LLL seem to like anniversaries. Plus O.H.M.S.S. was supposed to be released in 2019 also, so I guess that would be included too. Apparently they couldn’t find/access all of O.H.M.S.S. for the previous release, so I guess they had the whole thing for 2019.
    If they are doing anniversaries then the only other choices are GF and TMWTGG, and as great as GF is, I’d definitely be putting MR and the others above it!

Apparently their release was only stopped because Eon/MGM wanted the focus on NTTD, so hopefully OP & LALD are a sign that they’ve softened on that. I just hope they don’t wait until the last week of the year to announce them, like they did with these!
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    I have, since early puberty, in fact, been dreaming of a massive boxset containing every Bond score, complete and fully remastered, with booklet and whatnot, for a total of 17 + 2. Imagine such a boxset! It would be gigantic. I no longer have hopes for something like this, though LLL's efforts are bringing me closer and closer.

@Murdock
    I, too, wish that the GE score could be given the same royal treatment. And MR. And, indeed, AVTAK. They deserve it.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    This is a very nice vid of Bond '77, featuring the bits which didn't get released on the score album: watch to the end for some bits from the underwater battle. Shows how much a full soundtrack release could feature.

• peterpeter Toronto
    mtm wrote: »
    This is a very nice vid of Bond '77, featuring the bits which didn't get released on the score album: watch to the end for some bits from the underwater battle. Shows how much a full soundtrack release could feature.

Fantastic… just listening to it makes the hairs on the back of the neck stand. Great and richly layered music….
  • willowlovewillowlove Kent, WA, USA
    Just got an e-mail from La La Records: Octopussy--and any order including it--has been delayed to January 30 due to "unexpected manufacturer delay". LALD by itself will still ship on January 16.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Oh that's a shame. Never mind, I can wait.
    I blame General Orlov.
    Seems like the manufacturers are decadent and divided. Oh well, at least Octopussy will make a nice Birthday present for me.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Delayed to a date I'll be out of town, but all good.

• edited January 12 Posts: 40
    We will forgive you, LaLa Land if you tell us how many more Bond scores are coming out this year! 😉
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited January 12 Posts: 14,956
    Delayed to a date I'll be out of town, but all good.

I guess we've waited 40 years, a couple of weeks won't hurt! :D
    We will forgive you, LaLa Land if you tell us how many more Bond scores are coming out this year! 😉

:)) :-bd
    I must say I'm severely disappointed by the upcoming LLLR releases of LALD and OP. After DAD, TWINE and TND, I was expecting track titles like these:

Yo-Yo Fight and Vijay Gets It
    Mischka Gets It
    Orlov Gets It
    Gorilla Suit and Grischka Gets It
    Kamal Gets It and Finale
    Yo-Yo Fight and Vijay Gets It (Extended Version)

and of course,

If He Finds It, Give It to Him
    mattjoes wrote: »
    I must say I'm severely disappointed by the upcoming LLLR releases of LALD and OP. After DAD, TWINE and TND, I was expecting track titles like these:

Yo-Yo Fight and Vijay Gets It
    Mischka Gets It
    Orlov Gets It
    Gorilla Suit and Grischka Gets It
    Kamal Gets It and Finale
    Yo-Yo Fight and Vijay Gets It (Extended Version)

and of course,

If He Finds It, Give It to Him

=))
  • SecretAgentMan⁰⁰⁷SecretAgentMan⁰⁰⁷ Lekki, Lagos, Nigeria
    I have a complete LALD score. OP is the one I need more though. I think it should have been OP/LTK or OP/MR or OP/GE or LTK/TLD. But still, it's not bad getting another quality LALD score.