Lost but now found! The Unreleased Bond Music Thread!

Comments

• mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    You're welcome. And yeah, I would've included it too.
    Whilst we're on the topic of Spectre, @mattjoes and I would like to present you the cue when Bond is battling Sciarra and his pilot in the helicopter in the pre-titles sequence of the film:

Helicopter Fight (Film Version)

This has been assembled from various sources, too numerous to mention, but including 'Tempus Fugit' from the OST as well as a rather masterful use of the BluRay audio by @mattjoes. As you can hear, the cue can segue seamlessly into 'Writing's On The Wall'. Enjoy!
    Thanks for the compliment, @Bond_Scores. I'm happy to have collaborated on this with you.
  • Do we think it’s too late now for LaLa Land Records to announce another Bond expanded score release in 2023 or is there still time?
    Do we think it’s too late now for LaLa Land Records to announce another Bond expanded score release in 2023 or is there still time?

The date you're looking for is November 24th. That's when they'll announce their final batch of releases this year. Either Bond's there or not.
  • Fingers crossed then 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻
  • BondBarry007BondBarry007 London UK
    Yes fingers crossed hoping for at least one expanded Bond score this Friday 24th Nov Black Friday 🙏🤞🤞
  • edited November 2023 Posts: 40
    A Roger Moore one would be brilliant, an expanded No Time To Die would be great but if it’s Quantum of Solace, I’ll still buy it so they keep releasing them.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I want a Moonraker complete score...They had it in the works too...
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Murdock wrote: »

That would be the one which would get me really excited, and I think it's the one everyone on those film boards asks for, but I'm not going to get my hopes up.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    mtm wrote: »
    Murdock wrote: »

That would be the one which would get me really excited, and I think it's the one everyone on those film boards asks for, but I'm not going to get my hopes up.

I'd give a lot for an expanded MR score.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    I'm hoping it wouldn't be more than about £30 though :D
    I really think if we get any John Barry Bond score expanded by LLL Records then any Bond score can be expanded 🙏🙏🤞🤞
  • Tomorrow’s the date then 🤞🏻
    No expanded Bond this year from LLLR.

No hard feelings, my dear.

Come again soon.

Zukovsky-Dinner-Jacket-2.jpg
    Just had the e-mail from them....I give up.. 2 out of the 4 new releases are James Horner soundtracks..
  • Gutted…
    Cheer up, it's not all bad!

There were 2 releases postponed from this batch due to production delays, so maybe in the first few months of 2024.......
    vzok wrote: »
    There were 2 releases postponed from this batch due to production delays, so maybe in the first few months of 2024.......

Yes - they posted this on the FSM forum:
    Just a quick update

Sadly 2 projects are not happening for BF. They won't be in from the manufacturer in time and we don't want folks waiting too long on their orders.

So, that means a more reasonable 5 titles coming out

Those have been pulled off BF

MV

I know I sound pessimistic, but I'm not holding my breath. You never know though. Tomorrow Never Dies was priced 29.98 last year ^#(^
    In the past, the expanded Bond scores by LLLR haven't been released on a yearly basis anyway, and we had TND last year. Maybe early 2024, as vzok says? Or late 2024!
    I am like you & I’m sure all of the James Bond Music community were disappointed yesterday that LLL Records did not release any more Bond expanded scores on Black Friday, however each expanded score whatever the film is , is almost a minor miracle these days with the amount of sign off required . We all know that LLL want to do more Expanded Bond , but we just need to be patient & maybe we might get an Expanded Bond score or 2 next year. It’s like a nice fine wine it’s takes time to mature.
    I am 60 next year so hopefully we will have a few expanded Bond scores for me & everyone in the Bond Music community to celebrate, hopefully before Black Friday 🙏🙏🤞🤞
  • astansillastansill London
    I just don’t understand why EON are making it difficult for La La Land to release expanded Bond scores. It what the fans want - instead they seem to focus on £500 swim shorts on the 007 store. Madness!
    astansill wrote: »
    I just don’t understand why EON are making it difficult for La La Land to release expanded Bond scores. It what the fans want - instead they seem to focus on £500 swim shorts on the 007 store. Madness!

I can 100% say that EON are not the problem, this has been confirmed a few years ago by MV from LLL Records who said that EON are very supportive of the James Bond Expansions, just be patient more Expanded scores will happen 🤞🤞
    I see that there has been a relaunch of Michael Kamen's website. Hiding away in the catalogue section, behind each film poster are audio clips. Just a few samples for LTK, but also a complete cue list featuring lots of alternates and an unused theme song.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited November 2023 Posts: 14,956
    LTK was one of the expanded scores LLL was eyeing up in 2019, wasn't it?

I've certainly never heard of 'The Reward' before, that is a curious one. What does it mean with the tracks that say 'with overlay' or 'overdub'? They're playing their previous recording back and adding to it?
    https://www.michaelkamen.com/catalogue/licence-to-kill
    Thanks for sharing, great stuff!

Considering the Kamen estate has got the LTK recordings at hand (since they posted samples in that page), perhaps LTK is a good candidate for expansion by La La Land. Hopefully early next year!

Interesting to find out the LTK instrumental with Clapton and Flick is just called "The James Bond Theme."

Speaking of LTK, here's a couple of licensed tracks that are heard in the film.

This is the music heard when Bond arrives in Isthmus:

And the Joe Butcher TV show music:

What does it mean with the tracks that say 'with overlay' or 'overdub'? They're playing their previous recording back and adding to it?
    Yeah.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited December 2023 Posts: 14,956
    Thanks, those are great. ‘Star prizes’ is especially familiar: that piece of stock got used all the time in the 80s and 90s when comedy programmes, for example, would do a parody gameshow etc!
    mattjoes wrote: »
    Interesting to find out the LTK instrumental with Clapton and Flick is just called "The James Bond Theme."

Yeah I was slightly curious if it definitely was the same bit of music that we all heard as I assumed these would all come from the recording sessions for the film whereas that was much earlier, but then I thought it must’ve been the same one. They all talk about Clapton just coming along for a day.
    vzok wrote: »
    I see that there has been a relaunch of Michael Kamen's website. Hiding away in the catalogue section, behind each film poster are audio clips. Just a few samples for LTK, but also a complete cue list featuring lots of alternates and an unused theme song.

This is a great spot! Thanks for flagging. It'll save me some work on this thread. I'd left Licence To Kill well alone because of how poorly sequenced the soundtrack album is!

I'm guessing "2M4 - Stella's Goodbye" is a typo and should read 'Della' (as in Leiter). I was scratching my head for a moment trying to remember a character called Stella, before I twigged :))

I wonder if the cues are Kamen's titles? It's interesting seeing how many alternate takes there are. It's also cool seeing the long-fabled (and only recently confirmed) Eric Clapton version of the James Bond theme, there in writing.
    LTK was one of the expanded scores LLL was eyeing up in 2019, wasn't it?

I'm starting to feel quite hopeful that a complete version of this soundtrack will surface soon. We know that LLL had it on their agenda a few years ago, so there's willing from a label. It's also clear that a lot of work has gone into cataloguing all of Michael Kamen's work recently, so hopefully his Estate are up for it. The unreleased cues on the website really do give me hope. I'm just confused that the audio quality is so bad. I don't know if it's to deter people from ripping them, but the fact that they're only short snippets should do that anyway. I just hope it's not the source material at fault!
    edited December 2023 Posts: 6,726
    This is a great spot! Thanks for flagging. It'll save me some work on this thread.
    True, that's cool.

I'm guessing "2M4 - Stella's Goodbye" is a typo and should read 'Della' (as in Leiter). I was scratching my head for a moment trying to remember a character called Stella, before I twigged :))
    There's another mistake in the cue list. Track 3M3 is called Wavekrest Break-In, but Bond actually breaks into Krest's warehouse, not the Wavekrest boat.

I'm starting to feel quite hopeful that a complete version of this soundtrack will surface soon.
    Same here. I especially want the music that plays when Bond is on the truck chasing Sanchez. It's a reprise of the music heard in the PTS, when Bond hooks Sanchez's plane to the chopper, but with an electric guitar playing the Bond theme.

I'm just confused that the audio quality is so bad. I don't know if it's to deter people from ripping them, but the fact that they're only short snippets should do that anyway. I just hope it's not the source material at fault!
    I had a look around the website and ran into this:

"A note regarding audio samples: all clips have been reduced in quality and do not represent the condition of the original source material. This site is an educational and informational site about the career and works of Michael Kamen and his many collaborators."

So we can rest assured that LTK sounds better than those samples (probably!).

All this Kamen discussion makes me feel like listening again to his sax concerto.