Creasy47's Behind The Avatar Interview Thread With Agent_99 (Page 22)

Comments

• CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    This is a cracking thread. Probably the best one we've ever had. Loving both the questions and answers.
  • edited July 2014 Posts: 5,745
    Getafix wrote:
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    Getafix wrote:
    It's very shameful - @JWESTBROOK deserves a public flogging for not watching LTK every day!

Well if there was ever a time to do it, it's now! ;)

Well, you deserve a grilling at least. What did you make of Craig's performance in SF? As a DC fan, if you were bored by SF, surely that doesn't reflect well on the lead actor?

I've just realized I never seemed to answer this question. Ultimately I'd have to say his performance was overshadowed and because of that, easy to forget. Like I said in the interview, I didn't like 'grumpy-Bond' at all. I feel like he handled the humorous aspect perfectly though. The the 'Health & Safety' line, the watch adjustment on the train, and the quipping with Q. all stand out in my mind.

My overall impression from memory (as I haven't been able to get very far into the film lately) is that Bond doesn't seem to talk much, and that bothers me. He should be the center focus and 'life of the party' in a BOND film. With Skyfall, its all about M. and Silva, and introducing Mallory, Eve, and Q. I feel like they bit off too much, and maybe should have saved Eve's reveal for Bond 24. I don't know how they could have handled their 'M. dies' storyline better, but I don't like how they did it. If it was a Brosnan Bond, it would work... he never had much of a character and never had much material to work with. He was very much a Bond that worked with just being put into a set piece, and that's really what they did here. But that doesn't work with Craig, especially after the approach they took with CR and QoS. Daniel Craig; a thespian, extremely dramatic actor. He can take so little so far, and you sideline him for most of the film. That's bothersome.

His acting was magnificent when he had the chance to act. He pulled off the fed up look extremely well, he seemed tired, he seemed like just a pawn in M.'s game. His acting was definitely excellent, I just hate that he didn't get to show off too much.
  • TokolosheTokoloshe Under your bed
    I'm happy to be interviewed for this, although looking at the waiting list and the length of time between subjects I'll not lose sleep over my answers for a while yet :)
    Poor young 'uns
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    Getafix wrote:
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    Getafix wrote:
    It's very shameful - @JWESTBROOK deserves a public flogging for not watching LTK every day!

Well if there was ever a time to do it, it's now! ;)

Well, you deserve a grilling at least. What did you make of Craig's performance in SF? As a DC fan, if you were bored by SF, surely that doesn't reflect well on the lead actor?

I've just realized I never seemed to answer this question. Ultimately I'd have to say his performance was overshadowed and because of that, easy to forget. Like I said in the interview, I didn't like 'grumpy-Bond' at all. I feel like he handled the humorous aspect perfectly though. The the 'Health & Safety' line, the watch adjustment on the train, and the quipping with Q. all stand out in my mind.

My overall impression from memory (as I haven't been able to get very far into the film lately) is that Bond doesn't seem to talk much, and that bothers me. He should be the center focus and 'life of the party' in a BOND film. With Skyfall, its all about M. and Silva, and introducing Mallory, Eve, and Q. I feel like they bit off too much, and maybe should have saved Eve's reveal for Bond 24. I don't know how they could have handled their 'M. dies' storyline better, but I don't like how they did it. If it was a Brosnan Bond, it would work... he never had much of a character and never had much material to work with. He was very much a Bond that worked with just being put into a set piece, and that's really what they did here. But that doesn't work with Craig, especially after the approach they took with CR and QoS. Daniel Craig; a thespian, extremely dramatic actor. He can take so little so far, and you sideline him for most of the film. That's bothersome.

His acting was magnificent when he had the chance to act. He pulled off the fed up look extremely well, he seemed tired, he seemed like just a pawn in M.'s game. His acting was definitely excellent, I just hate that he didn't get to show off too much.

Thanks for the response - I was wondering why you weren't answering. Thought I must have deeply offended you in some previous thread!

Yes, interesting answer. SF is such an odd one for me. I really wanted to like it, but there's so much that doesn't work IMO. I guessed from the moment they announced the basic plot synopsis that this was going to be TWINE on steroids, and so it turned out, with Dench's M (who I never really liked all that much) hogging the screen. With the long waits we keep on getting between movies, and DC not getting any younger, it does seem such a shame not to have made a proper BOND movie. I had such high hopes for the Craig era with CR and QoS, which I a both regard highly. But I still don't feel Craig has been given the chance to deliver a proper, fully rounded, non-rooky, definitive take on the character.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @Tokoloshe, it works on nominations, not the waiting list. The list on the first page is just for who's interested.
    It's been over a year, so I thought it was time to get this thread started fresh again, if everyone is interested! Please read the very first post I just edited on the first page, and if you're intrigued, do be sure to let me know in this thread that you want to join in, and I'll add you to the first post!
  • TokolosheTokoloshe Under your bed
    I'm still up for it, but happy to wait for others to go first.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    Sounds interesting and fun. Count me in :)
    Yeah, I like to let my typing fingers run off at the mouth sometimes (SOMEtimes?!) I'm game.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    What a great thread I had never known existed.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Nice to see this thread being revived @Creasy47
    I'll add myself to the list on page 1. :P
  • MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    I'm glad to see that this thread has been revived, I always did enjoy reading these pages!
    I'll be glad to read the interviews.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    My agent says it's okay to interview me.
    I've missed this thread! Glad to see it back
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Wasn t it this thread that caused the Sony leaks?
    Edited the first post. Anyone else who is interested, do be sure to specifically state that you are!

@Thunderfinger, indeed it was. My apologies on that, I'll admit I had a hand in the leaks. ;)
    Sony to EON:

"There s a hole in our bucket, dear Barbara, dear Barbara. There s a hole in our bucket, dear Barbara, a hole."
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    edited August 2015 Posts: 23,559
    @Thunderfinger

Careful. Jack Bauer was sent after @Creasy47 once. Luckily we made him a mod just minutes before he got to him. And as we all know, being an MI6 moderator means having political immunity.
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    @Thunderfinger

Careful. Jack Bauer was sent after @Creasy47 once. Luckily we made him a mod just minutes before he got to him. And as we all know, being an MI6 moderator means having political immunity.

Only reason I opted to become a mod: I had a lot of past illegal issues that I seriously needed overlooked.
  • RC7RC7
    Happy to be grilled if It keeps the thread going.
    I know that. You sip tea and other substances with Francis, Stoltenberg and Ibrahim.
    I'll pick a name at random in a few hours, which will give me time to edit the question template and get this thing started by the end of the day.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    No, you're put on a rack, and forced to listen to Gilbert Gotfried read the 50 Shades Of Grey books. Don't worry, you'll tell us everything.... they always do.
  • edited August 2015 Posts: 5,745
    I'd just like to thank everyone.

This interview was a year ago for me, and a lot has happened since.

I started my own James Bond blog on the Kinja system of websites (think: wordpress, but kinja), which has been extremely successful. [beyondjamesbond.kinja.com]

It landed me an editor job at Jalopnik.com, the internet's highest trafficked Automotive enthusiast site. So.. thanks! These discussions are what have kept me an avid Bond fan, and it's a great group to come back to every day.

It's crazy what can happen in a year!

@JWESTBROOK, happy to hear that everything has gone well for you! It's more than deserved. Time does fly by!
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    Can I throw my name in the hat?
    Can I throw my name in the hat?

Absolutely! I've added you to the first post.
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    i'll throw my hat into the mix as well... why not? lol
    @haserot, added you to the list!

Alright, it's time to kick this thing off. I entered each member who requested to be interviewed based on when you mentioned it, so after entering the numbers 1 - 9 into a random number generator, our first member interviewed will be: @PropertyOfALady!

I will PM the questions now and we can go ahead and get started. I'll post the first ten questions and answers once @PropertyOfALady has replied to them.