Last Movie you Watched?

Comments

Taxi Driver
    How to Lose Friends & Alienate People
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    SharkBait wrote: »
    Taxi Driver
    How to Lose Friends & Alienate People

Haven t seen the second one, but it could almost be a tagline to the first.
  • edited May 2018 Posts: 19,339
    Watching Iron Man 2.
    It's good but the weakest of the 3 films IMO.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited May 2018 Posts: 23,883
    barryt007 wrote: »
    Watching Iron Man 2.
    It's good but the weakest of the 3 films IMO.
    Agreed. Any Iron Man film is good, but I too think #2 is the weakest. It has some great moments in it though. I'm due a rewatch soon.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    Second viewing of The Greatest Showman. Not a musical movie fan but I love this one.
    Watching 'Dick Tracy'....havent seen this film in about 20 years.

EDIT : Thats 2 hours of my life i wont get back...what a crock of shit.
    Onto 'The Voices' with Ryan Reynolds as a serial killer,and our Gemma...black comedy.

Agree, it is terrible.
    Second viewing of The Greatest Showman. Not a musical movie fan but I love this one.

I found it very thin on story, plot, and character development. It had some nice songs, but overall i found it pretty bad.

Agree, it is terrible.

Agreed, and that is a shame. The comic strip is pretty fun and they tried to make it quite close, but still...It just didn t work.
    Dick Tracy is one of those movies where the nostalgic memories keep it alive in your head as a GREAT MOVIE, but then you watch it and you're like:

tenor.gif?itemid=4435968

There is one part that still makes me laugh however: 'You.... dumb.... dick.'
    Right..last film to watch on my day off before the missus gets home :

'Faster'...some Dwayne Johnson kick arse.

EDIT: Changed to my digital version of Dirty Harry.

Yeah. Kind of missed opportunity. Lots of form but no substance.
    Beautiful visuals, but not enough of a solid script to back it up.

I get far more enjoyment watching the four RKO Dick Tracy B-movies from the 1940's.
    ToTheRight wrote: »

I get far more enjoyment watching the four RKO Dick Tracy B-movies from the 1940's.

I am very curious about those.
    ToTheRight wrote: »

I am very curious about those.

They're fun, short, tight little mysteries. I wouldn't exactly call them noir, but fairly close.
    Morgan Conway played Tracy in the first two, then was replaced by the more famous Ralph Byrd, who had played the role in the movie serials and later on television.
    I actually like both portrayals, though I wouldn't argue withe the majority who name Byrd as the definitive Tracy.
    I prefer both to Beatty.
    Beatty was like a plank of wood throughout....terrible performance.
    Isn’t that so strange, since supposedly he was the heart and soul behind the whole project??
    Hell he probably still wants to make that sequel!
    Isn’t that so strange, since supposedly he was the heart and soul behind the whole project??
    Hell he probably still wants to make that sequel!

Well considering he only got the total rights after a legal battle,which took until 2013,he can bog off on that idea.

Never liked him anyway.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart

I found it very thin on story, plot, and character development. It had some nice songs, but overall i found it pretty bad.

The songs were catchy although too much in one film. I didn't know what to think going into it but I agree on character development. PT Barnum could have been fleshed out more, but my wife and kids enjoy it immensely. I probably won't revisit it anytime soon but I do listen to some of the soundtrack while driving.

The songs were catchy although too much in one film. However the choreography is amazing. I didn't know what to think going into it but I agree on character development. PT Barnum could have been fleshed out more, but my wife and kids enjoy it immensely. I probably won't revisit it anytime soon but I do listen to some of the soundtrack while driving.

The songs were catchy although too much in one film. I didn't know what to think going into it but I agree on character development. PT Barnum could have been fleshed out more, but my wife and kids enjoy it immensely. I probably won't revisit it anytime soon but I do listen to some of the soundtrack while driving.

PT Barnum features in the 25th Lucky Luke album from 1970.
    luke-11-150x197.jpg
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach
    Sin City

A real one of a kind and a stunning looking film.

Marv's story my favourite...."I lurve hitmen.....whatever you do to them you don't feel bad.."
    Mickey Rourke hits it out of the park with this one.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Sin City

Marv's story my favourite...."I lurve hitmen.....whatever you do to them you don't feel bad.."

Marv's storyline is by far my favorite, as well.

"That there is one damn fine coat you're wearing."
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    Tonight...The Flight of the Phoenix (1965).

Robert Aldrich's finest (and that means something), with an unbeatable cast of incredible actors. I haven't seen the remake, but it is very likely completely superfluous and definitely inferior.

Sin City

I love the Hartigan story just as much. And I don t understand why A DAME TO KILL FOR doesn t get the same love.
  • Lancaster007Lancaster007 Shrublands Health Clinic, England

Agree, it is terrible.

Once is one time too many.
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    j_w_pepper wrote: »
    Tonight...The Flight of the Phoenix (1965).

Robert Aldrich's finest (and that means something), with an unbeatable cast of incredible actors. I haven't seen the remake, but it is very likely completely superfluous and definitely inferior.
    It's a fine one. The subplot between Peter Finch and Ronald Fraser is the most interesting element in my opinion.

---

Regarding Dick Tracy, surely I'm not the only one around these parts who enjoys it? I have no real knowledge of the source material but I've seen the film twice and found it to be visually delightful --the colors, the sets, the makeup and prosthetics, the little stylistic touches like Tracy's tie floating in the air as he runs in the climactic scene-- as well as great fun in terms of the acting and characterizations. Beatty makes for a good lead but admittedly Pacino is the standout. The film is a bit like a twelve year old kid's version of a detective story, with plenty of tropes from that genre. It's over-the-top fun!
    Sin City

Rourke was great in it. It is the best story in it...but the others were enjoyable too.
    The sequel wasn't as good apart from Eva Greens spectacular naked performance (literally!!)
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Sin City

I love the Hartigan story just as much. And I don t understand why A DAME TO KILL FOR doesn t get the same love.

My problem was the original stories and lack of Clive Owen. The originals weren't as well-written as the comic-based stories, and when Dwight had his face changed, he just looked like Josh Brolin in a crappy wig rather than a totally different person.
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach
    Mathis1 wrote: »
    Sin City

Rourke was great in it. It is the best story in it...but the others were enjoyable too.
    The sequel wasn't as good apart from Eva Greens spectacular naked performance (literally!!)

I do love all the stories, but Marv's is the one I watch the most.

I can barely remember the sequel.