Last Movie you Watched?

Comments

POTC Salazar's Revenge.

Although I did enjoy it and was very humourous in places, I did sometimes struggle to make out what Javier Bardem was saying at times. Although allegedly it was the final one? Why leave it open for a 6th film after the end credits?
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Spider-Man: Homecoming. Better this time than the theatrical viewing. SO stoked for Infinity Wars now!!!
    Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

I am inspired by Now Playing to watch the original film and man I forgot how well nostalgic I am about this... Look I am not gonna lie this is a bad film for anyone not born from 1986-1990 but for me I actually love this movie I'm sorry I know all of you will hate me for this but I love this movie.

Though Megan fox is WAY hotter then Joan Hoag and no I haven't seen any of the turtle films outside of the original 2 (though 3 looks vaguely Familiar) My wife who never saw this film before thinks I am insane for loving it but meh

Films I have seen in 2018
    1. Taken
    2. Before Sunrise
    3. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
    4. Before Midnight
    5. Before Sunset

Before series
    1. Before Sunrise
    2. Before Midnight
    3. Before Sunset

Taken Series

1. Taken

Liam Neeson (sort of) retrospective series
    1. Taken
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    chrisisall wrote: »
    SO stoked for Infinity Wars now!!!
    Fully loaded, I think, is the term. ;)
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    Just watched shutter Island for the 4th time. Wow that film is still as excellent as the first time. Though I’m still more or less as confused as the first time. Anyone mind breaking it down for me?
    Just watched shutter Island for the 4th time. Wow that film is still as excellent as the first time. Though I’m still more or less as confused as the first time. Anyone mind breaking it down for me?

I would, but I can’t remember everything. That is a good film. I think I thought that he wasn’t crazy and he was just being told that? Maybe? I think I didn’t really know for sure. Maybe that was the point.
    edited January 2018 Posts: 15,423
    It’s been a while since I’ve seen it, but from what I remember he was brought by one of his doctors as they made him believe there was a crime to investigate. They slowly unwrapped the truth for him as the film progressed, and the closing scene had him to full knowledge of what he was and why was he there for real, only for his schizophrenia to kick back again and the rest is left to our imagination for whatever happens. A repeat of the events, perhaps? Or maybe he tries and escapes for real? Up to the audience.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    He created a alternate identity in his mind to mask his trauma if I remember, it's been years since I watched Shutter Island, does it end where it's ambiguous as to whether he has had a lobotomy?
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Day of the Dead: Bloodline.
    Total crap, didn't even finish it. A sort of Zombie crossed with a slasher film, but
    Totally uninteresting.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Risico007 wrote: »
    I am inspired by Now Playing
    You mean the Now Playing Podcast, @Risico007?

• Amusingly awful...
    teenage_gang_debs_poster_01.jpg

BridgeAtRemagen.jpg

Cracking film,and Robert Vaughan makes a great Nazi !!
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Those Hugo Boss uniforms looked so good. ;-)
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    barryt007 wrote: »
    Just started watching....

File:Dressed_to_kill.jpg

I know how it ends,its not the first time i have seen it ;)

Broken link, I'm guessing this is Brian de Palma's 1980 film? Great movie. The museum sequence is expertly pulled off.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    bondjames wrote: »
    Abyss I watched this snooze fest at the cinema on initial release, unfortunately the acting grates on me especially Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio who is cringe over emotional. This film has technical merits though it drags for me, the ending also is underwhelming. Michael Biehn is the best thing in the film.
    I'm afraid I must agree with your assessment. I heard great things and so sought it out some years back. Sadly it did nothing for me and she was indeed laying it on a bit thick for my tastes.
    When it was initially released, Cameron did not have the clout that he would have post Titanic; I also found the theatrical release dull.
    With that said, I absolutely love the “Special Edition” ; it really fleshes out the story and the emotional moments have much more impact. On every level, The Abyss SE is a much stronger film.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    barryt007 wrote: »
    Just started watching....

File:Dressed_to_kill.jpg

I know how it ends,its not the first time i have seen it ;)

Broken link, I'm guessing this is Brian de Palma's 1980 film? Great movie. The museum sequence is expertly pulled off.

Yes,and yes Creasy me olde pal.
    SO stoked for Infinity Wars now!!!
    Fully loaded, I think, is the term. ;)

Very well played, sir.
  • edited January 2018 Posts: 235
    I really can't stand to watch much of Seagal's movies. Under Siege is the one that I actually enjoyed. I have yet to watch Under Siege 2. Steven Seagal is no where near the badass level of his fellow action stars, like Schwarzenegger, Stallone, Van Damme, Lundgren, and Chan.

The guy may have once had skill and been really into martial arts but he just looks bored with it now and is only in it for the money at this point.

I would say if was not for Above the Law Aikido would not be what it is today. Seagal influenced a lot people in the martial arts world. Since he became an actor he has steeped away from the martial arts world sadly. In my opinion I would not consider Schwarzenegger, Stallone, Van Damme, Lundgren, and Chan martial artist.
    edited January 2018 Posts: 17,692
    Mazouni wrote: »
    In my opinion I would not consider ......Chan martial artist.
    Oh no my friend, Jackie Chan IS a martial artist. Clearly not on a Bruce Lee level, or perhaps even a Seagal level back when Seagal wasn't fat & crazy, but he was great & still is very good.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited January 2018 Posts: 23,490
    Mazouni wrote: »
    In my opinion I would not consider ......Chan martial artist.
    Oh no my friend, Jackie Chan IS a martial artist. Clearly not on a Bruce Lee level, or perhaps even a Seagal level back when Seagal wasn't fat & crazy, but he was very good.

Chinese Opera school training was hardcore
    edited January 2018 Posts: 15,423
    Chan is lethal alright. He just chooses not to resort to a raging force because he's a humble person.
    edited January 2018 Posts: 23,490
    Jackie Chan has amazing unquestionable ability, I grew up with his career pre Hollywood
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    I really can't stand to watch much of Seagal's movies. Under Siege is the one that I actually enjoyed. I have yet to watch Under Siege 2.
    I recommend it and actually prefer it to the first one. It's quite campy but also rather enjoyable in that '90s sort of way'. I'm a sucker for thrillers or actioners on trains though.
    bondjames wrote: »
    I really can't stand to watch much of Seagal's movies. Under Siege is the one that I actually enjoyed. I have yet to watch Under Siege 2.
    I recommend it and actually prefer it to the first one. It's quite campy but also rather enjoyable in that '90s sort of way'. I'm a sucker for thrillers or actioners on trains though.

Seagal's earlier films were OK, I had a Nico poster on my ceiling as a kid.
    Chan is lethal alright. He just chooses not to resort to a raging force because he's a humble person.

See The Foreigner.
    See The Foreigner.
    I have.
    See The Foreigner.
    I have.

It's on my Netflix watch list.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Speaking of Jackie, I recently rewatched Who Am I?, and damn is that one entertaining. Love the rooftop fight scene near the end, with that insane stunt that follows after.
    Speaking of Jackie, I recently rewatched Who Am I?, and damn is that one entertaining. Love the rooftop fight scene near the end, with that insane stunt that follows after.

Watch the Armour of God films they are awesome.

One of my faves.