Last Movie you Watched?

Comments

• BvS again this film is awesome, must have watched it a hundred times.

Why did you say that name This film resonated more than any in the genre for personal reasons.

Glad I'm not the only one who liked the film. It's one of my favorites.

I watch it nearly once a week there is some really good stuff in BvS, it is flawed though thoroughly entertaining. It could be argued they could have made two films with the material in BvS.

• Repulsion (1965): Slow-paced, even boring during the first act. Then chilling and an interesting insight on the workings of a troubled (yes, it's an understatement) mind. Great first English language film by Roman Polanski.

As a person with OCD and prone to depression (they said I have Aspergers, but I didn't get a proper diagnosis), I can somewhat identify myself with Mm. Deneuve's character. Until she "crosses the line", of course. And sex rules.

On a sidenote, is that true that Catherine Deneuve almost got the part of Tracy? I think it wouldn't have worked...

I think that was Brigitte Bardot.

Deneuve and Bardot were both under consideration for Tracy. I'd have to do a bit of research into why neither received the part though. Interesting that they were both French actresses who were becoming very popular with American audiences at the time. Personally I think either Bardot or Deneuve would have captured the book Tracy much better than Rigg did, but Rigg made Tracy her own filmic Bond girl—and one of the best at that—so I can't complain.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    @fire_and_ice, I'm glad I'm joined by the likes of you and @007ClassicBondFan. BvS is a perfectly enjoyable film if one is willing to forgive certain issues or at the very least treat them as minor. But whatever issues I may or may not have with the film, when Batman attacks that warehouse to fight Luthor's thugs, I'm in superhero heaven.
  • DarthDimi wrote: »
    @fire_and_ice, I'm glad I'm joined by the likes of you and @007ClassicBondFan. BvS is a perfectly enjoyable film if one is willing to forgive certain issues or at the very least treat them as minor. But whatever issues I may or may not have with the film, when Batman attacks that warehouse to fight Luthor's thugs, I'm in superhero heaven.

Ive never been so mesmerized by any superhero films more than that warehouse scene. Having seen both versions, I love the movie with a passion. Others might not like it so much but it was something I was looking forward too and something I enjoyed throughly, even with its flaws. Honestly probably my favorite superhero movie (tied with Batman 89 and TDK of coarse)
  • It warms my heart to hear more and more people speaking positively about BvS
  • DarthDimi wrote: »

I often rewind the Warehouse scene, as a stand alone action scene it's one of the best in the genre. I am a Big fan of the film Score, the music in that scene is intense.

• edited February 2017 Posts: 2,103
    It is. It's definitely something that takes it to a whole new level. Not just for Batman movies but comic book movies, in my opinion
  • It is. It's definitely something that takes it to a whole new level. Not just for Batman movies but comic book movies, in my opinion

I think because it is mainly practical really makes a difference, and I don't mind the brutality these thugs are killers I don't blame Bats for being Ultra violent ;))
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    The Fast And The Furious (2001)
    This is the only film in the series that I have watched from start to finish. Having received a number of recommendations to watch the sequels, I finally bought the boxset yesterday.
    I last saw this one when it was released on dvd, I didn't really care for it then, and I still don't. All that neon underlighting, massive spoilers etc... never appealed to me.
  • The Fast And The Furious (2001)
    This is the only film in the series that I have watched from start to finish. Having received a number of recommendations to watch the sequels, I finally bought the boxset yesterday.
    I last saw this one when it was released on dvd, I didn't really care for it then, and I still don't. All that neon underlighting, massive spoilers etc... never appealed to me.

Recently rewatched the Fast films, I don't think the series gets going until the 4th movie, felt the first 3 films are not easy to watch.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    The Fast And The Furious (2001)

Recently rewatched the Fast films, I don't think the series gets going until the 4th movie, felt the first 3 films are not easy to watch.

That's what i'd heard, that and the order the films should be watched in.
  • edited February 2017 Posts: 6,432
    The films change in Fast 4, they become more like fun action capers as apposed to dull street racing.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    The films change in Fast 4, they become more like fun action capers as apposed to dull street racing.
    Exactly.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator

Which was a good change, because they could only milk the street-racing angle so much before it would've become real stale. Now the MO of the series is to get as grand, wild, and batshit-insane as possible.
    2 Fast 2 Furious (2003)
    Better than the first, but I still don't care for the street racing aspect. I also watched the short film; The Turbo Charged Prelude for 2 Fast 2 Furious (featured on the same disc) that acts as a linkage between the first two films.

1. 2 Fast 2 Furious (2003)
    2. The Fast And The Furious (2001)
    @MajorDSmythe, once you get through the horrid 'Tokyo Drift,' you'll be in for a much better time.
    I'm going to follow the films in order of events rather than release date, so i'll skip Tokyo Drift for the time being.
    Good thinking, you'd avoid a lot of confusion by doing that. It'll probably make the whole marathon a great deal better for you.
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    edited February 2017 Posts: 1,812
    Rogue One: A Star Wars Story

This was my third time seeing it in theaters. The first time I was massively disappointed by it, I didn't hate it though. The second time, which was the next day, I enjoyed it a bit more but that was it. A month and a half later I decide to give it one more shot. I actually liked it a lot more the third time around. I still don't have the high praise that so many have for it but I welcome it to the franchise.

ESB
    ANH
    TFA
    ROTJ
    ROTS
    R1
    ATOC
    TPM
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    JOHN WICK CHAPTER 2

Ok wow. Seriously, I'm impressed. Without repeating the same notes from the first film but nevertheless retaining some of the elements of that film, JOHN WICK 2 feels like coming home but with the place somewhat redecorated. Keanu remains cool and charming in his own way, the settings are beautiful and expertly photographed and the action is awesome. The henchwoman is one hot girl by the way.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    Jason Bourne

Pointless film. However I did enjoy the first 30 minutes or so because I felt like it was a good epilogue to the original trilogy. But the rest of it was just pointless and a bore and Matt Damon didnt seem to care either.
    Jason Bourne

Pointless film. However I did enjoy the first 30 minutes or so because I felt like it was a good epilogue to the original trilogy. But the rest of it was just pointless and a bore and Matt Damon didnt seem to care either.

Agree, they should just have let it go. As the final product really adds nothing to the overall picture. It rather ruins the ending of Ultimatium a bit.
    Mars Attacks! (1996)

Very bad film with tons of famous stars.
    A.I. Artificial Intelligence (2001). Seems to generally be a love it or hate it film. Luckily, I fall into the first category. Spielberg and Kubrick are my two favorite directors.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Ice Station Zebra(1968) What a fun, old school, cold war film. It made me realize just how important that time period was to Bond; it also makes me want even more a straight "mission" film with much less personal issues.

On another note, I saw this on Blu-ray and it looked spectacular. The image was crisp and the colors vibrant. Why can't films of today look like this? :(
    Inherent Vice (2014)
    Had to see this a second time. The main plot kinda seems like your typical detective story:
    Hippie P.I Larry «Doc» Sportello get a visit at his beach house by his ex-girlfriend Shasta Fay Hepworth, who wants Doc to prevent Mickey's wife and her lover from having Mickey Wolfman – her new lover, from being abducted and committed to an insane asylum.

Like any good detective story, things aren't like they seem. Keeping up with the main plot quickly get difficult, as we get introduced to all these new characters and separate subplots – subplots which turns out are not so separate in the end.

All this information you are presented to throws you off a bit, and I found myself struggling to keep up with the plot and the characters, probably leaving me with a stare at the screen, similar to the one we se Doc having through most of the film.

I find that to be more a strength than a weakness to the film. It really never get boring, and the 149 minutes goes by very fast. Good film. Probably one of my favorites of the last five years or so.
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach
    Jason Bourne

Yeah, the film is sort of redundant. As the story progressed I just thought, "Really...?"

But I still enjoyed it and Greengrass is one of the best action director's around at the moment. The Athens sequence is expertly done. Shame he'll probably never direct a Bond film.

Don't think we'll be seeing any more Bourne films though.
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach
    Passengers (2016)

Really enjoyed this and was puzzled by some of it's bad reviews.

It reminded me of 70's science Fiction films with echo's of 2001 and Silent Running.

Good performances from the two leads, especially Lawrence, and Michael Sheen's android was a nice touch. It reminded me of The Shining when Pratt discovers the empty bar with the lone bartender standing there.

Really good zero gravity sequence and an overall enjoyable watch.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Jason Bourne

Agree, they should just have let it go. As the final product really adds nothing to the overall picture. It rather ruins the ending of Ultimatium a bit.
    Couldn't agree more. And they bashed The Bourne Legacy for "ruining" the experience.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    SPLIT

Shyamalan is finally back on fine form! If you are a fan of his first films, you don t want to miss this. Without spoiling anything: It neatly ties in with one of those, and we can expect another exciting film next.