James Bond Diecast Cars (All Brands).

Comments

• brinkeguthriebrinkeguthrie Piz Gloria
    yes! saw this photo. that is the way it should look, how did they miss that. Wait- it's Corgi.
  • imranbecksimranbecks Singapore
    edited October 2021 Posts: 972
    Apparently the Corgi NTTD DB5 has been discontinued at the Corgi website and is also sold out at the 007 store. I'm hearing too that prices for it has increased elsewhere. For those who have it, hold on to it as I can only see its value going up now....

51545146705_d259139717_b.jpg
    51554095361_76e5dbc250_b.jpg
    Discontinued? The movie is not even open yet in the US, and Christmas is looming. Wait- it's Corgi.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Glad I grabbed one.
    QBranch wrote: »
    Glad I grabbed one.
    I have one in my wife's closet. (Birthday present, 11/16.)

• Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    The Triumph Scrambler seems to be out of stock too, and I was planning to grab one of those :(
    Agent_99 wrote: »
    The Triumph Scrambler seems to be out of stock too, and I was planning to grab one of those :(
    Its not exactly out of stock. Its been postponed to be released till around 4th quarter of next year because they are changing the scale from the planned 1/24 to 1/12. Much better imo since 1/24 for a motorbike is really small. 1/12 is pretty huge.
  • ChevronChevron Northern Ireland
    imranbecks wrote: »
    Apparently the Corgi NTTD DB5 has been discontinued at the Corgi website and is also sold out at the 007 store. I'm hearing too that prices for it has increased elsewhere. For those who have it, hold on to it as I can only see its value going up now....

51545146705_d259139717_b.jpg
    51554095361_76e5dbc250_b.jpg

I'm sure they can re-release it for £49.99 when the next anniversary comes up. When is that... Dr No is 60 next year so there's a safe bet.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Picked these up in a charity shop yesterday for £3 each.
    Jsrg9Wu.jpg
    Its not exactly out of stock. Its been postponed to be released till around 4th quarter of next year because they are changing the scale from the planned 1/24 to 1/12. Much better imo since 1/24 for a motorbike is really small. 1/12 is pretty huge.

Q4 of...NEXT YEAR? Like, December of 22??
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Jsrg9Wu.jpg

Nice! 77 RW is a very famous E-Type, it was driven non-stop by Jaguar's test driver to get to the Geneva motor show where it was shown on the Jaguar stand in 1961. It is, however, a green convertible :)
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    mtm wrote: »
    Jsrg9Wu.jpg

Nice! 77 RW is a very famous E-Type, it was driven non-stop by Jaguar's test driver to get to the Geneva motor show where it was shown on the Jaguar stand in 1961. It is, however, a green convertible :)

A friend of mine builds car models, myself I am clueless when it comes to car model though as a collector of memorabilia I was happy with the find.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    mtm wrote: »
    Jsrg9Wu.jpg

A friend of mine builds car models, myself I am clueless when it comes to car model though as a collector of memorabilia I was happy with the find.

They look great to me.
    When you want to look for 007 and Corgi just smacks you down.
    wnH8Mgw.png

The Corgi No Time To Die DB5 is back up for preorder! https://uk.corgi.co.uk/products/james-bond-aston-martin-db5-no-time-die-cc04314?
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl

Ah, thank you! That's good to know.

It'll be out of scale with my Maisto BMW cruiser either way.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    I wouldn't worry about the DB5, this is Corgi we're talking about, there will be another one released shortly.
    Just received this book yesterday from Amazon... Very good insights about the history and legacy of Aston Martin and Bond, in particular the DB5. Some nice photos too!

51560114707_f96f536ed9_b.jpg
    Neat book and photo @imranbecks :)>-
    Spotted a Johnny Lightning DB5 (blister card) on ebay - second release after the Vantage - the only one I've seen and it got snapped up pretty quick.
    After seeing only one Johnny Lightning NTTD DB5 appear on ebay and then disappear just as quick, it's back. Picked one up; not a bad price. However, sadly, like the Hot Wheels one, still no miniguns on these smaller scale versions.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/185094821961?hash=item2b1882d849:g:q~MAAOSwQQdhX6Dj
    Neat book and photo @imranbecks :)>-
    Spotted a Johnny Lightning DB5 (blister card) on ebay - second release after the Vantage - the only one I've seen and it got snapped up pretty quick.
    After seeing only one Johnny Lightning NTTD DB5 appear on ebay and then disappear just as quick, it's back. Picked one up; not a bad price. However, sadly, like the Hot Wheels one, still no miniguns on these smaller scale versions.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/185094821961?hash=item2b1882d849:g:q~MAAOSwQQdhX6Dj

Really weird that the Johnny Lightning one has no side windows. Bond and Madeleine would've been shot dead if their windows were rolled down :))
    Really weird that the Johnny Lightning one has no side windows. Bond and Madeleine would've been shot dead if their windows were rolled down :))
    Hey, you're right, I hadn't noticed that. Hot Wheels one looks way better too.
    Hey, you're right, I hadn't noticed that. Hot Wheels one looks way better too.

The side windows with the additional bullet cracks makes all the difference. For its size, the Hot Wheels one is just impressive.

50828452157_7bb61ce2b1_b.jpg

So how big in inches will this 1:12 be?

So how big in inches will this 1:12 be?

For reference, here is my 1/12 motorbike model beside a 1/18 car. As you can see, basically it's the same length as the car. So it's pretty big. ;)

46216475632_952a5bcdbf_b.jpg
    edited October 2021 Posts: 1,400
    New JL dioramas; AutoWorld says December. Their prices have gone up from 15.99 to 17.59, and these are the smaller size as the last two were, (TSWLM and NTTD) which were smaller than the first two, the Skyfall and Dr. No. So get less, pay more at AutoWorld, which is the seller that JL maker Round2 directs you to.

Photos from FabGear, who want 15.99 for the dios.

Alpine is 9.99. All three pre-order at FabGear, no sign of them on AutoWorld.
    DHs0aWH.jpg
    cDnqpSs.jpg
    CEQtz39.jpg

Anyone know the status of Corgi restocking the DB5 from NTTD?
  • edited October 2021 Posts: 4,599
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited October 2021 Posts: 14,931
    Really quite nicely animated :D

Here's one with the actual toy, which does look nice:

That Playmobil is definitely my next DB5 purchase!
    Yes, those videos are made with loving care. Great fun