James Bond Diecast Cars (All Brands).

Comments

• QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited January 2021 Posts: 13,896
    =bg= wrote: »
    QBranch wrote: »
    Just having a look at the new Corgi Vantage on ebay, and it suffers from what I complain about a bit here: they didn't get the wheels right! The rims look fine; great detail there. But check how undersized and set-in the wheels are:

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/CORGI-CLASSICS-1-36-JAMES-BONDS-1987-ASTON-MARTIN-V8-VANTAGE-NO-TIME-TO-DIE/383872762276?epid=9043324690&hash=item59609981a4:g:zjkAAOSwNDFf5L8f

You can't really tell from the side, but on all other angles...ugh. Might pass on this one. :-?

I think the DBS from OHMSS suffers from this too, no?
    That one has the opposite problem to the Vantage - the wheels are a good size, but the tyres and rims look way off! 8-} :P
  • =bg= wrote: »
    Anyone know when these are going to surface in the USA? Autoworld told me January but no sign of them..yet.

AMpORLS.jpg
    BNke4vs.jpg

That Lotus looks dreadful! Wrong shape entirely! Just compare it to the sleek beast on the packaging...
    Yeah, the front of the Lotus is like the '90s S4. Can't these guys get anything right?
  • brinkeguthriebrinkeguthrie Piz Gloria
    they're here; https://007store.com/collections/james-bond-car-collection

Company mentioned is 'Round 2,' which is related somehow to Autoworld; in any case they're Johnny Lightning.

https://www.autoworldstore.com/searchresults.asp?Search=james+bond&Submit=
    Autoworld says 'These will be up for pre-order within the next week or so.'
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    I thought Jonny Lightning did a correct version of the Lotus before?
    mtm wrote: »

I think this version of the Lotus is the way it has always looked.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom

I think this version of the Lotus is the way it has always looked.

Oh yeah, looks like you're right.

I think I was thinking of this Hot Wheel one, which I have :)

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSacxFTAe8yK5HJxOuf5NXnmCQNMoBCZ4sDTw&usqp=CAU
    007 @ 3:22 mark.
  • edited January 2021 Posts: 820

I saw the website but latest on James Bond cars yet
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited January 2021 Posts: 14,934
    Corgi are doing a lovely model of Colin Chapman’s S1 Esprit which is crying out to be repainted as a road-going version of Roger’s.

71dxRNVVYeL._AC_SX425_.jpg

Much more accurate than their Bond ones.

All i saw was the same old same old here apart from the bike. When the person harps on more about the packaging than the product making it the perfect collectible?!!! =)) Sorry! I will keep my hard earned cash thank you very much!
  • imranbecksimranbecks Singapore
    I'm very impressed by the level of battle damaged details on the Hot Wheels DB5. Just got mine today.

50827615178_9444808616_b.jpg
    50827615638_e7849e5886_b.jpg
    50828362851_9b4a2f79ec_b.jpg
    50828452427_2260291634_b.jpg
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited January 2021 Posts: 13,894

I like the design on the boxes. I will be keeping an eye on those.

Edit
    Those Vanguard models caught my eye too.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    imranbecks wrote: »
    I'm very impressed by the level of battle damaged details on the Hot Wheels DB5. Just got mine today.

Oh that's lots of fun. It's got eyes! :)
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    I wish Corgi could do figures, as they have for Back to the Future and Mr Bean!
  • zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    The Gatling guns have eye lashes, sweet!
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Agent_99 wrote: »
    I wish Corgi could do figures, as they have for Back to the Future and Mr Bean!

I think they did do years back.
    imranbecks wrote: »

Oh that's lots of fun. It's got eyes! :)
    zebrafish wrote: »
    The Gatling guns have eye lashes, sweet!

Lol. Hot Wheels do those "eyes" for all their headlights on the DB5 casting..

50830242978_412626e790_b.jpg
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Chrome grille and better-sized wheels on the new one too, then.
    edited January 2021 Posts: 972
    Chrome grille and better-sized wheels on the new one too, then.

Depends on which one you get. Hot Wheels have done numerous DB5 over the years. The one in my previous post of the DB5 is from the basic release which has the plastic wheels and lesser details such as front license plates etc. The Hot Wheels Goldfinger DB5 has the same wheels as the NTTD with rubber tyres and chrome parts too minus the battle damage and NTTD license plates.

50830599308_3db63489fd_b.jpg

Here's the basic release DB5 from my previous post...

50831442772_bbc919408d_b.jpg
    As shown in the Corgi video posted above, the Corgi 1/36 NTTD V8 looks really sharp! I've already ordered it!

50833287201_343ac6eaeb_b.jpg
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    I am a bit miffed that it is the only V8 Vantage we are getting. So not only is Dalton not represented in the wave, but this one won’t have gadgets, being the NTTD version. I will probably buy the OHMSS though.
    they're here; https://007store.com/collections/james-bond-car-collection

Company mentioned is 'Round 2,' which is related somehow to Autoworld; in any case they're Johnny Lightning.

https://www.autoworldstore.com/searchresults.asp?Search=james+bond&Submit=

These can now be pre-ordered
    Is Corgi's USA site borked? Shows -0- in the 007 category. When are they gonna release the DB5 NTTD?
    My NTTD Corgi V8 just arrived from 007store.com. The model was shaking all over inside the wrapped NTTD box. The twist ties came loose and dislodged the model. Corgi needs to improve the way the model is secured inside the box. The twist ties isn't strong enough to hold the model in place. Thankfully no serious damage was done on the model. Now I'm worried about the DB5 that I have preordered from them.

50861990682_20ea56ec6f_b.jpg

They need to use better quality twist ties. It's no wonder the car got dislodged in the box. They tore off. I've seen better, much more secure twist ties used on other stuff that I've bought. If they use these same twist ties on the rest of the models, then I'm worried. Some would break or damage with the models shaking during shipping.

50861203113_7ee1d6de7a_b.jpg
    Just in time with the announcement of the movie being delayed. I think the V8 looks great! Corgi nailing it with these new movie edition releases. I'm definitely getting all the others such as the OHMSS DBS and the NTTD DB5. But as mentioned in my previous post, packaging to hold the car in place for this new range needs to improve.

50862274971_7ed477f50c_b.jpg

• mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited January 2021 Posts: 14,934
    Such a shame about those weedy little wheels- and they even moulded new ones which look much more faithful but just.. too small. In fact it's really the tyres; the wheels themselves are probably the right size but the tyres should be much fatter and the axels wider.
    Also that doorsill being in black rather than silver really affects the look and means it looks wrong.

5d9ca661b151024ce02d8be9?width=750&format=jpeg&auto=webp
    edited January 2021 Posts: 13,896
    Sorry to hear about the poor packaging, I recently bought that NTTD SPECTRE notecard set from 007Store, and because the cards are a fair bit smaller than the box, they too rattled around in there, leaving damaged corners and black scuff marks from the box.