The DANIEL CRAIG Appreciation thread - Discuss His Life, His Career, His Bond Films

Comments

• bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Mathis1 wrote: »
    I've only seen Cavill in The Man from Uncle. I wasn't too impressed, cant really see why Campbell wanted him over Craig!
    Youth and beauty perhaps.
    It certainly wasnt charisma!
    Mathis1 wrote: »
    It certainly wasnt charisma!
    Very true. He'd have probably needed co-billing with the female star (like Brosnan for DAD) to keep him going after CR.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    edited July 2017 Posts: 11,139
    For anyone that gives a sh** about what she has to say:

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Angry at Grace, @doubleoego? She's started to wear on me, if I'm honest.
    edited July 2017 Posts: 23,883
    I listened to the whole thing. I can't believe this fool has an issue with diversity. Is this a 'thing' now where critics need a quota to be met?

Obviously I can't comment on her review since I've not seen it yet, but she thought highly of Driver and indicated Craig's most outrageous moments are in the trailer.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Who is she and why would I care about her review again?

To be fair, I don't listen to these Youtube fan reviews or whatever they're called.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    He voice is the worst. =))
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Who is she and why would I care about her review again?

To be fair, I don't listen to these Youtube fan reviews or whatever they're called.

I don't either, I can't think of any reason why I would. I rarely pay much attention to professional critics, either.

And I'll see the movie anyway, whatever anyone says (my usual MO with any movie I'm interested in).
    Angry at Grace, @doubleoego? She's started to wear on me, if I'm honest.

When am I not angry at Grace? :)

In all seriousness though, just thought I'd share it but yeah, she can be quite tiresome with some of her perspectives.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    A new description of Kings is available on the Toronto Film Festival site. It appears, as I had first concluded, that Craig will be playing a character who is "off." That Sean-Penn-I-Am-Sam haircut was a dead giveaway!

TripAces wrote: »
    A new description of Kings is available on the Toronto Film Festival site. It appears, as I had first concluded, that Craig will be playing a character who is "off." That Sean-Penn-I-Am-Sam haircut was a dead giveaway!

Strange, as the description of his character as the savior of Helle seems very different to this. But this is more interesting. Hanging on that lamp might be one of those off moments.
    Since there is always so much talk about DC Not being able to Carry a Movie Outside of Bond and bla bla. How about Idris Elba These days? Such a Wonder boy, so Great, so....where is the Love now? Just what I always say. Its Not about the actors, its always about the Film. AND good actors get Lucky or Not. That easy.
    Germanlady wrote: »
    Since there is always so much talk about DC Not being able to Carry a Movie Outside of Bond and bla bla. How about Idris Elba These days? Such a Wonder boy, so Great, so....where is the Love now? Just what I always say. Its Not about the actors, its always about the Film. AND good actors get Lucky or Not. That easy.
    I don't know too much about Elba's career but has he ever fronted a major film? I don't think so, except perhaps Bastille Day/The Take. He's more of a supporting actor as of now. Having said that, he is the most interesting thing in the Dark Tower trailers. In fact, if I actually make it to the theatre to see it Elba will be the reason.

I agree that an actor can only take it so far. Ultimately even a superstar can't sell a P.O.S.

The trick is not to have too many big budget failures on your resume. Everyone can have a misfire (or two) but that's about it.
  • KuzcoKuzco france
    With the announcement of a "contract" for two additional films today and still no official announcement we may wonder if all these new items (including that of the NY Times) are true. So give me your opinion on the return of Craig for Bond 25. Will he come back or not? And why (if it is a done deal) have not been announced with the release date?
    Germanlady wrote: »

Sorry but what has Elba got to do with the conversation? Aside from @thelivingroyale and maybe 1 or 2 others NOBODY here has advocated him as being the next Bond; so I'm not sure why you feel the need to try and shit on him in order to validate Craig.
    I don't shit on him, I am using him to make a point. Again...and I think there was a lot of love for Elba. Not necessarily as Bond but overall. Fans are a tricky bunch. Fangirling over somebody and buying tix don't go hand in hand. Bit I agree with Bondjames, that it's about not having too many. D.C. Has one too many and hopefully his future looks brighter - without Bond.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    In Logan Lucky, It’s Nice to See Daniel Craig Having Fun
    vulture.com/2017/08/in-logan-lucky-its-nice-to-see-daniel-craig-having-fun.html
    Craig's era as Bond is my second favorite just behind Connery's for the time being. CR is my #1 Bond film, SF is my #5 currently, and both SP and QoS fit inside my Top 15 for now (#13 and #14). I enjoy all of his movies, particularly CR and SF, and his performances as James Bond. It seems he is coming back for 1 or 2 more, which is pretty good news as far as I'm concerned. I really hope they bring back Felix in the next one.
    Yes, I think we need to divorce our frustration at the B25 delay from DC the actor.

On a pure performance level, his first three were scintillating.

I'm reasonably confident he'll come back all guns blazing.
    GetCarter wrote: »
    Yes, I think we need to divorce our frustration at the B25 delay from DC the actor.

The voice of reason. Thanks Carter.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    Logan Lucky spoiler alert...
    That whole positive/negative soeech was cut from the film

WTH?
  • BondAficionadoBondAficionado Former IMDBer
    It seems that Craig won't appear at the New Yorker Festival (as was the case last time) but his wife will. Rachel Weisz has her talk on October 7th; tickets are on sale Sept. 8th. I wonder if she'll shed some light on Craig's decision to continue making Bond movies(?)

https://festival.newyorker.com/event/rachel-weisz-talks-hilton-als/
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Anyone seeing Craig's new film at TIFF. He's announced to be here for the premiere on September 13.
    I'm trying to land tickets myself...
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited September 2017 Posts: 10,588
    peter wrote: »
    Anyone seeing Craig's new film at TIFF. He's announced to be here for the premiere on September 13.
    I'm trying to land tickets myself...
    Just bought tickets. Very excited.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Premiere @jake24 ? Did u get them online or did you have to line up?
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    peter wrote: »
    Premiere @jake24 ? Did u get them online or did you have to line up?
    Indeed. I purchased them online.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    I'm trying right now-- they're saying limited availability