The DANIEL CRAIG Appreciation thread - Discuss His Life, His Career, His Bond Films

Comments

• Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    I've skimmed a few reviews today, they all seem real positive, which is great.

From our point of view, yes.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator

What's that mean? I read three or four and they were all glowingly positive. It's subjective, of course, but it's good news for a comedy - they tend to get critically panned most of the time.

What's that mean? I read three or four and they were all glowingly positive. It's subjective, of course, but it's good news for a comedy - they tend to get critically panned most of the time.

I mean its good from our point of view that Craig is being recognised for things outside of Bond.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator

I mean its good from our point of view that Craig is being recognised for things outside of Bond.

To be fair, he hasn't done a non-Bond film in six years.

To be fair, he hasn't done a non-Bond film in six years.

Indeed, and his theatre roles earlier in the year were similarly lauded.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    So looking forward to Logan Lucky, looks a blast and Craig is getting raves for this.

Always knew he could stretch himself, proving those wrong that he's a one note actor, hopefully this will be start of him being more savvy when picking future roles.

Love him as Bond but he was a terrific actor before then and it seems he's took a gamble with Joe Bangs and it's paid off in dividends.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/logan_lucky

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Is it a coincidemce that he has the same initials in Luki Laku?
  • peterpeter Toronto
    I could see that being a sly wink from the director
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Always great to see Dan having a blast. I'd see the film for him alone.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    you and me both, @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 ... If it weren't for Craig, I would have caught LL on some kind of Netflix stream after the theatrical release. It looks good and funny, but not something I'd plunk $12+ down on...

With DC performing as he does? I'll be in the theater and plunking down my $12+
  • Thunderball007Thunderball007 United States
    Really wishing Daniel Craig is officially announced for the next Bond film, soon.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    I'm so looking forward to Logan Lucky, Daniel Craig and Steven Sodenbergh? Sounds like a match made in heaven. The trailer looks hilarious, I love it when Craig does humour.
    And he is getting singled out in the reviews. Like playlist saying, how good a character actor he is. Not easy to get a mention like this ( haracter actor for a jokey role) in an easy going film like this. Its funny-or sad, how some people insist he is average at best, just because they dislike him. He is among the best out there. period. Yes, I am looking at you Solace and 001 specifically. Dislike him all you want, but give credit where credit is due. Getting rave reviews for one of Shakespeare's most difficult parts, let alone the one with the most lines, speaks a language nobody with half a brain can ignore. Oh, and this forum really dislikes people coming up with the word nazi in connection with a member.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    Germanlady wrote: »
    And he is getting singled out in the reviews. Like playlist saying, how good a character actor he is. Not easy to get a mention like this ( haracter actor for a jokey role) in an easy going film like this. Its funny-or sad, how some people insist he is average at best, just because they dislike him. He is among the best out there. period. Yes, I am looking at you Solace and 001 specifically. Dislike him all you want, but give credit where credit is due. Getting rave reviews for one of Shakespeare's most difficult parts, let alone the one with the most lines, speaks a language nobody with half a brain can ignore. Oh, and this forum really dislikes people coming up with the word nazi in connection with a member.

There is an odd anti-DC movement going on on the boards these days.
    Thankfully just a few, but as usual, negativity seems to count double. But it shouldn't. Saying it once or twice, fine, but spitting out your negativity in every single post, will not lead to a long stay on here. It never did...:)
    edited July 2017 Posts: 306
    I think that Daniel Craig is a marvelous actor!
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I'm really looking forward to his return. :)
    edited July 2017 Posts: 306
    Murdock wrote: »

Me, too.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Murdock wrote: »

Let's hope his biggest return is still on the way, @Murdock. ;)
    Loved the physicality of CR and QoS, but in SP Craig may as well have been Roger in AVTAK.

Hopefully just the injury he sustained?
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    He's a wonderful actor, he can play anything. I would love to have the change to watch him on stage, it must be quite an experience.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Certainly would. His list of very good acting is endless. That Lucky Logan looks like a lot of fun!
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Sandy wrote: »
    He's a wonderful actor, he can play anything. I would love to have the change to watch him on stage, it must be quite an experience.
    It is. He is very impressive on stage. Bond films don't use half his talents. Quite frankly, he's been wasted in the role outside of the first film which gave him some meat to delve into.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    bondjames wrote: »
    outside of the first film which gave him some meat to delve into.

That is no way to speak of Eva Green.
    bondjames wrote: »
    outside of the first film which gave him some meat to delve into.

That is no way to speak of Eva Green.
    Haha. I'm getting visions of little fingers and so on and so forth.
    I'd also like to pitch in that I'm looking forward to Craigs return!
    I think if it were announced that he wasn't, I'd be in the same doldrums as I was when I found out Dalton wasn't returning for Bond 17!
    edited July 2017 Posts: 23,883
    Mathis1 wrote: »
    I'd also like to pitch in that I'm looking forward to Craigs return!
    I think if it were announced that he wasn't, I'd be in the same doldrums as I was when I found out Dalton wasn't returning for Bond 17!
    Much as I like Craig as an actor, I'm far less in the mood to see him as Bond again. I'd much rather see him challenge himself in other areas and roles, like Logan Lucky.

I must admit I recall being quite energized to learn that Brosnan was taking over from Dalton and that Craig (who I didn't know much about at the time) was taking over from Brosnan. I think I would feel the same way again to hear of a switch.
    Well I was plunged even deeper into depression when I realised they were gonna bring Brossa in again! (And it lasted 10 yrs until Craig was announced!)
    edited July 2017 Posts: 23,883
    Mathis1 wrote: »
    Well I was plunged even deeper into depression when I realised they were gonna bring Brossa in again! (And it lasted 10 yrs until Craig was announced!)
    My deepest condolences. I can appreciate how the Brosnan era could have been tough going for an avowed Daltonite. I suppose a similar situation could transpire if Cavill were announced suddenly as Bond #007 (although the pain could be alleviated somewhat if Martin Campbell were to be simultaneously announced as the director).
    I've only seen Cavill in The Man from Uncle. I wasn't too impressed, cant really see why Campbell wanted him over Craig!