The DANIEL CRAIG Appreciation thread - Discuss His Life, His Career, His Bond Films

Comments

Germanlady wrote: »

Whats Daniel saying GL ?

I haven't got sound on this bloody work PC !!
    Talking about landmines. It's him with his ambassador hat on
    Wonder if he is trying a new haircut for Bond? That'll upset the hair brigade again! Lol!

Aaah ok...thanks !

RogueAgent wrote: »
    Wonder if he is trying a new haircut for Bond? That'll upset the hair brigade again! Lol!

It would,and i'm one of them....he should go back to CR hairstyle.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    He looks puffy in the face there. Certainly needs to grow his hair out a bit for Bond, but there's time for that still.
    barryt007 wrote: »

Aaah ok...thanks !

CR was the ideal look for DC, but that pic looks more like SF again.

Aaah ok...thanks !

Yep...but early days...they wouldn't have thought about that yet I think.

Aaah ok...thanks !

Yep...but early days...they wouldn't have thought about that yet I think.

True! But you know how excited people get when their is nothing to discuss? Look at the Bond 25 thread! Lol!
    Hahaha good point !!
    Considering shooting is still a year away he'd probably have time to grow a full Michael Bolton 1991 style mullet. I imagine his B25 look will probably be somewhere between his CR look and his SF look.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    Considering shooting is still a year away he'd probably have time to grow a full Michael Bolton 1991 style mullet. I imagine his B25 look will probably be somewhere between his CR look and his SF look.

If it's anything but a thick mullet, I won't be watching it.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Great to see Dan representing landmine concerns again. Those people are true heroes, in every sense of the word.
  • NSGWNSGW London
    Depending on the type of film they're going for, I wouldn't mind seeing a bit of grey coming through this time, I think he could pull it off well.
  • SirHilaryBraySirHilaryBray Scotland

It's short because the peroxides blonde was cut out after Logan Lucky. If you've ever had a peroxide hair style the best thing you can do after is cut it right back to the wood for their hair to grow in fresh and healthy.

It's short because the peroxides blonde was cut out after Logan Lucky. If you've ever had a peroxide hair style the best thing you can do after is cut it right back to the wood for their hair to grow in fresh and healthy.

Lucky Logan was shot months ago.
    Thanks for that infno. What would we do without you?
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?

Lucky Logan was shot months ago.
    That's a good point. It's probably short because he prefers it that way.

Probably just watching Craig aging.

Exactly. And Doing that without Reading your toxic and belittleing remarks in every Thread you are in, would be quite a fest. And since I opened this thread, I Tell you, you are Not welcome. Go Play elsewhere. No answer necessary.
    @Germanlady, what has @noSolaceleft said above that is negative? His comment is valid. LL was indeed shot months ago. Craig is probably just wearing his hair short.

Daniel will look fine in BOND25,have no fear...he wants to end his tenure the way he began it.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    bondjames wrote: »
    @Germanlady, what has @noSolaceleft said above that is negative? His comment is valid. LL was indeed shot months ago. Craig is probably just wearing his hair short.

@bondjames, that's not at all what she's talking about. You're a bit out of the loop on this one, but rest assured there's a history of behavior here to put it mildly.
  • edited October 2017 Posts: 6,601
    Bondjames, I do Wonder, with your obvious efforts to always bring Fairness in the game, to Never allow attacks, why you find it ok, how this Poster almost always finds harsh, insulting and "I Know everything and better" words belittleing the opinion of others. I cant stand him and dont wanna Read him here. Period.
  • SirHilaryBraySirHilaryBray Scotland
    edited October 2017 Posts: 2,138
    Craig also altered his body mass and did extra work on his neck for the Logan part to look stalkier. All change of diet and workout his whole shape will change again for Bond. Method acting at its finest.
    edited October 2017 Posts: 23,883
    @Germanlady, I have read his posts from today and I personally don't find them negative towards other posters, just as I didn't find BondJasonBond's from the past, or Panchito's from the Production thread. Yes, they can be harsh towards Craig, but Craig is an actor who none of us know personally (although I gather you have met him).

Different points of view enrich this forum in my personal opinion. NoSolace normally backs his up with his reasoning and that is why I personally don't take issue with his posts. I realize English is not his first language as well. We are all forum members here who should try to respect one another, even if we have different favourites among the vast Bond actors and films.

I understand though that this is an 'appreciation' thread and so perhaps harsh words for the actor in question are better reserved for somewhere else.
    you arme just too good for this World. You Talk about respect. Exactly what I am Doing as well. He Never Shows it. And I dont mean Posts against DC but about everything and everybody. He agreed, when someone says something critically/negative, because thats his world.

I opened this Thread for critically Posts. I have no Problem with that. Just dont wanna See him here. His Posts are Never constructive, just destructive.
  • I think the buzzcut does age him, and he hasn't aged brilliantly any way, but at this point it doesn't really matter. He's only doing one more, he's still good looking, he doesn't look ancient, he'll get himself in shape as he always does, and at this point Bond is actually meant to be an older seasoned agent. So I think he'll be fine. It's not a Roger Moore situation because they actually acknowledge his age now, so he's allowed to look it.
    edited October 2017 Posts: 23,883
    It's not a Roger Moore situation because they actually acknowledge his age now, so he's allowed to look it.
    I agree. I'm reasonably certain they will advance the timeline somewhat for B25, so that it will be more than 4 years since the events of SP (similar to what they did in Logan). It's what makes the most sense to me.
  • edited October 2017 Posts: 19,339
    It's not a Roger Moore situation because they actually acknowledge his age now, so he's allowed to look it.
    I agree. I'm reasonably certain they will advance the timeline somewhat for B25, so that it will be more than 4 years since the events of SP (similar to what they did in Logan). It's what makes the most sense to me.

As long as they dont over-do it...these films have to be shown on TV for years ,so keep it relative.
    Viewers dont hear the word Bond and think story,they think 'its a Bond film' and that magic has to remain...it needs longevity.
  • edited October 2017 Posts: 12,837

As long as they dont over-do it...these films have to be shown on TV for years ,so keep it relative.
    Viewers dont here the word Bond and think story,they think 'its a Bond film' and that magic has to remain...it needs longevity.

I get what you mean but I think the idea of anyone being able to sit down on Christmas day, watch a Bond film and not need any context or understanding of what's going on went out the window with QoS. The Craig era is different, there is a proper overarching story and main/recurring characters actually age and die and have relationships that change and develop. They can go back to the old stand alone approach with the next one but I'm fine with the Craig era being its own self contained little series.