Coming soon to TV screens- The upcoming TV shows thread

Comments

• edited June 2018 Posts: 17,241

This looks interesting. Has any of our American friends here on the forum seen this?
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited June 2018 Posts: 23,110

I'll certainly give this a go

I'll certainly give this a go

That certainly does look like worth watching!
    That looks like a reason to get Amazon Prime!

Not bad.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    @bondjames

First official picture of John Malkovich as Hercule Poirot:

Dg_NR00_MW0_AAVHZQ.jpg
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited June 2018 Posts: 23,883
    I had no idea he had been cast in this role @DaltonCraig007. I'm definitely a fan of the character, and am curious as to how Malkovich will play this. It will surely be a challenge for him, but I'm reasonably sure he will be better than Branagh.

This sort of reminds me of Sherlock, where we had Downey Jr. and Cumberbatch playing the same character in different adaptations in different formats almost concurrently.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited June 2018 Posts: 23,110
    I had no idea there was a new Poirot TV show in the works, I love Suchets take, huge shoes to fill for Malkovich. As a fan of the source material I will be open minded for sure and John is a very talented actor, I'll have to do some research on the new show and see what they are intending to do with character.

Edited: http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/latestnews/2018/abc-murders-john-malkovich

It appears to be a mini series based on The A.B.C. Murders a good story to adapt.
    This Poirot series was news to me! Will definitely watch it. John Malkovich is probably not the first actor I'd think of for the role, but I'm sure he can do a good performance.
    This Poirot series was news to me! Will definitely watch it. John Malkovich is probably not the first actor I'd think of for the role, but I'm sure he can do a good performance.

He is likely to add more depth to the character than Brannagh did recently, hopefully it will lead to further adaptions.

He is likely to add more depth to the character than Brannagh did recently, hopefully it will lead to further adaptions.

Haven't seen the Brannagh film yet, actually. Should probably check it out.
    It's good to see the interest around the character is still there, even if the TV series with David Suchet is finished. Don't know if anyone can top that performance, though.

Haven't seen the Brannagh film yet, actually. Should probably check it out.
    It's good to see the interest around the character is still there, even if the TV series with David Suchet is finished. Don't know if anyone can top that performance, though.

I bought Brannagh's take on Murder on the Orient Express I have watched it a few times despite having issues with the film, though it's good that it got made in the first place and it looks like there will be more movies.

I recently bought most of the 70's and 80's Agatha Christie film adaptions on Amazon, some are dated though it's the great stories that shine through, Albert Finney was great and some of the Ustinov films stand up well.
    Didn't know they're planning another Brannagh film! Looks like Murder on the Orient Express drew enough audiences to make them want to do another one.

Never seen any of the Finney/Ustinov stuff, actually. Should probably watch some of that eventually.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    I highly recommend the Finney film. It's truly a work of art. Very atmospheric, sinister and suspenseful. The remake doesn't come close imho, although it's decent enough.

I really like the first two Ustinov films too, especially Death on the Nile.

All three have connections to Bond in some way shape or form.
    bondjames wrote: »
    I highly recommend the Finney film. It's truly a work of art. Very atmospheric, sinister and suspenseful. The remake doesn't come close imho, although it's decent enough.

I really like the first two Ustinov films too, especially Death on the Nile.

All three have connections to Bond in some way shape or form.

Thanks, I'll make sure to check out the Finney film. It's been on my 'to watch'-list for quite some time!

Death on the Nile is actually one of my favourite Christie stories, so the Ustinov film is probably mandatory to watch at some point, too.
    The production design for Murder on the Orient Express 1974 feels very authentic to the time frame its set in. The film itself really is quite sinister with a superb cast.
    The production design for Murder on the Orient Express 1974 feels very authentic to the time frame its set in. The film itself really is quite sinister with a superb cast.

Noticed the strong cast when I looked it up on imdb. Impressive!
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Not coming soon, but a look back: The cast of Breaking Bad reunited for the 10th anniversary of the first episode.

bb_3265328739883209302.jpg
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Awesome photo! They all look the business, even Aaron rocking the double denim!
    I still have not seen this show, it is on my to do list though!
    First official look at the 4th season of Narcos:

NARCOS_MEX_105_Unit_00843_R2_e1531932172313_700x365.jpg
    NARCOS_MEX_102_Unit_00574_R_700x467.jpg
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Saw these earlier this morning; with Pena playing Kiki Camarena, I know how this season will likely end. Should be incredible stuff though.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Saw these earlier this morning; with Pena playing Kiki Camarena, I know how this season will likely end. Should be incredible stuff though.

He is one of the funniest in the Antman movies.
    edited July 2018 Posts: 15,686
    This looks very good:

• edited July 2018 Posts: 17,241
    I have never watched Narcos, but I have to say; it always surprises me to see how good Michael Peña is in drama roles, as I've mostly watched him in comedy parts.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill

Almost makes me wish I had tv.
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    A Very Secret Service/Au Service de la France season 2 is coming to Netflix UK on July 30th!

https://www.netflix.com/gb/title/80097771
  • edited July 2018 Posts: 17,241
    Agent_99 wrote: »
    A Very Secret Service/Au Service de la France season 2 is coming to Netflix UK on July 30th!

https://www.netflix.com/gb/title/80097771

Finally! Hope it's the same release date here too!
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl

Fingers crossed! My mum introduced me to this one and we've both been eagerly awaiting more.
    Agent_99 wrote: »

Fingers crossed! My mum introduced me to this one and we've both been eagerly awaiting more.

Loved the first season. A little gem of a series this - a bit like OSS 117 in a TV format!