The Science - Science Fiction thread

Comments

• CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Well @Thundy, here's your challenge! No more questions to the good teacher until we have proof you, and yes, acvtually you, do 50 push-ups!
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Well @Thundy, here's your challenge! No more questions to the good teacher until we have proof you, and yes, acvtually you, do 50 push-ups!
    I am the guy on the right. @bondjames is on the left.

So, is the Devil more powerful than Man? Does he have greater knowledge and cunning?
    All right, I only managed 45, so no need to answer.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    I just noticed my name quoted and so came over here. I have no idea what this thread is about (science was never my strong suit) but I can assure you there's no way I can do 50 pushups in one go. More like 20, and that's on a good day. That guy on the right looks like he's cheating (what he's doing looks like a series of yoga cobra poses and not push ups. Maybe that's why he's hiding behind the equipment).
    Did I say bondjames?

Sorry, I meant @BondJasonBond006.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Did I say bondjames?

Sorry, I meant @BondJasonBond006.

Yes you did, and he cought you cheating as well!!!
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Which of these three would people want to have most?

A hover board, a flying car (think Blade Runner's future vehicles), or a robot maid that could look like any woman you wanted?

I'm already grounded in the present so hover boards seem a tad boring and I'm always wary of AI, so I think it's a flying car for me.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7
    You're right, flying car. I'd love one! That robot maid sounds inviting but I'll save that for @Thunderfinger. ;-) Meanwhile, I'd love to take off vertically in my backyard and fly in a straight line to work. No more traffic lights! :)
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    I'd love a hoverboard, but judging by a recent attempt at paddleboarding I wouldn't be very good at it!

What I want to know is where is the reasonably-priced personal aircraft we were promised by now?
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Agent_99 wrote: »
    I'd love a hoverboard, but judging by a recent attempt at paddleboarding I wouldn't be very good at it!

What I want to know is where is the reasonably-priced personal aircraft we were promised by now?

Right? 2015 comes and no cool hover boards like in Back to the Future, and now 2019 will come and go without cool flying cars like those in Blade Runner. The future is a sham!
    Worse than that, I was promised a Jaws 19.

A JAWS NINETEEN, I tells ya!

BTTF pt.2 fooled us all, man.
    Agent_99 wrote: »

Considering the way people drive in two dimentions, I'd rather not have them fly too to be honest. But if I'm th only one having one I'd go for the car too.
    9e6eb0900bf0e8b593cf09da4236ce60.jpg
    c7ec71683680982f31e04648ac57969e.gif
    c7ec71683680982f31e04648ac57969e.gif

Not even the most perceptive mind could wrap their heads around that egomaniac.
    edited October 2017 Posts: 7,973
    Yes, and CERN shouldn t exist, either.
    Yes, and CERN shouldn t exist, either.

Really? You wouldn't even be able to share that sentiment with us right now if it hadn't been for CERN. ;-)
    Isn t that a good point, then?
    Isn t that a good point, then?

definately!

good thing you don't exist, so you can't read what I am not writing here.
    We are all part of this "Universe"
    which, last time I checked, isn't there....
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    I think. Therefore.
    I think. Therefore.

You're not. Indeed, the whole of science has been reversed!
    80a13fec588ebeee5dddcdeff1d1101a.jpg
    9 months+81 years=981 months.
    @Thunderfinger
    The trick can be generalised as follows:

Add x months and y years, whereby y = 9x, and you always end up with 100x + y months, a number which can be written by using y for the final two digits and x for the first digit(s), provided that x < 12.

e.g.

x = 1, then y = 9, so 1 month + 9 years equals 109 months

x = 2, then y = 18, so 2 months + 18 years equals 218 months

x = 11, then y = 99, so 11 months + 99 years equals 1199 months
    Fascinating, but what's the use of this wonderful trick?
    There is none. But @Thunderfinger brought it up and I couldn't resist. ;-)