SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

• bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited October 2015 Posts: 23,883
    delfloria wrote: »
    Am imagining things or were there quite a few Bond fans that did not want to see Spectre or Blofeld return? This always puzzled me.

Ooowh absolutely. When I created the topic "So Who's Going To Play Ernst" in late 2011, I got bashed frequently. I always loved the idea of seeing Blofeld...but especially "S.P.E.C.T.R.E" return. I think a large majority on here thought it wasn't a good idea. Look where we are now :-).

I'll admit to being one of those who initially wasn't too keen on the idea. I'm still not, to be honest.

I would have preferred they let sleeping dogs lie, primarily because I think that subject has already been nicely covered in the past and going there again may sort of 'date' the old films in a way (I know they are already dated....I mean the new film may serve as a sort of soft 'remake' which may reduce the importance of the older ones in the minds of casual fans, if not die-hards). I don't think that has happened with 'Bond' because there have been many Bond actors over the years without rebooting until DC, so there is a well established film legacy regardless of what they do.

With Blofeld, it was really a Connery/Lazenby thing from the 60's, so reintroducing the organization and leader now does sort of put a clear 'date stamp' on that era (and quite possibly OHMSS). I feel that way with Batman (89') vs. TDK, primarily because we saw the Joker reimagined in the latter, and that sort of took away from Nicholson's portrayal. So for me, reimagining the villains may reduce the importance of previous iterations (the comparisons are more pointed than they are when changing the main actor for the hero because we have no other choice with him.....if we want the film legacy to continue).

Case in point: SPECTRE is no longer an acronym for obvious reasons. So watching DN now sort of has a different feeling.

Having said that, I'm open to see what they do this time. It was just my preference.....really I'm open to it.
    bondjames wrote: »
    Am imagining things or were there quite a few Bond fans that did not want to see Spectre or Blofeld return? This always puzzled me.

Ooowh absolutely. When I created the topic "So Who's Going To Play Ernst" in late 2011, I got bashed frequently. I always loved the idea of seeing Blofeld...but especially "S.P.E.C.T.R.E" return. I think a large majority on here thought it wasn't a good idea. Look where we are now :-).

I'll admit to being one of those who initially wasn't too keen on the idea. I'm still not, to be honest.

I would have preferred they let sleeping dogs lie, primarily because I think that subject has already been nicely covered in the past and going there again may sort of 'date' the old films in a way (I know they are already dated....I mean the new film may serve as a sort of soft 'remake' which may reduce the importance of the older ones in the minds of casual fans, if not die-hards). I don't think that has happened with 'Bond' because there have been many Bond actors over the years without rebooting until DC, so there is a well established film legacy regardless of what they do.

With Blofeld, it was really a Connery/Lazenby thing from the 60's, so reintroducing the organization and leader now does sort of put a clear 'date stamp' on that era (and quite possibly OHMSS). I feel that way with Batman (89') vs. TDK, primarily because we saw the Joker reimagined in the latter, and that sort of took away from Nicholson's portrayal. So for me, reimagining the villains may reduce the importance of previous iterations (the comparisons are more pointed than they are when changing the main actor for the hero because we have no other choice with him.....if we want the film legacy to continue).

Case in point: SPECTRE is no longer an acronym for obvious reasons. So watching DN now sort of has a different feeling.

Having said that, I'm open to see what they do this time. It was just my preference.....really I'm open to it.

For me I never saw that point we saw Blofeld spectre etc and each film was great for the most part I was much more interested in Quantum I wonder if the got the rights for Spectre in 1994 if 006 would of been Workinfbg for Spectre instead of Janus
  • edited October 2015 Posts: 498
    When did EON get the rights for Spectre ?
  • ThomasCrown76ThomasCrown76 Augusta, ks

alright , thanks
    RC7 wrote: »
    Ludovico wrote: »
    Tuxedo wrote: »
    Watching the trailer I ask myself: Why do members of a top secret organization wear rings

I mentioned this a while ago and was duly told off. I do think it's utterly ridiculous in the Craig-verse, but there you go. The films are drifting back into familiar territory and the tropes with them.

It's simple. SPECTRE members don't always know each other so it's a discreet and effective means of identifying each other from a crowd.

It's stoopid. Period. But I can live with stoopid if the film is cracking.

Why? They can't go all Catholic Church and have full uniforms and accessories. They need to remain discreet. A ring is discreet enough. And Yakuzas and criminal biker groups have in real life far more obvious ways to identify themselves.

Not to mention that a tag or a symbol is also good for group cohesion.

Personally, I just don't see any need for an obvious visual motif. They are presumably the most clandestine organisation in the world. The Yakuza and the Church are symbols around the world, while SPECTRE appear to be invisible to literally everyone that isn't a member. I'm presuming the ring is the first part of the trail to the organisation which feels a bit route one to me, but c'est la vie. Give 'em UV contact lenses where the symbol appears on the pupil.

The Yakuzas like any other crime syndicate is a clandestine organization. Same goes with criminal biker groups even though they have a big public profile. SPECTRE is considerably more secretive of course but a ring can be useful. And beside there is such a thing called dramatic license.
    SPECTRE not an acronym this time around? How so?
  • edited October 2015 Posts: 1,215

Sam Mendes said in one of the magazine interviews that the title isn't an acronym. It has a double meaning; the name of the organization and the shadowy figure from Bond's past (Oberhauser), being the spectre. I assume that the criminal organization still stands for Special Executive...
  • edited October 2015 Posts: 11,119

comment deleted due to spoilers from leaked script
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Even in spoiler tags please try not to discuss the leaked scripts.
  • RC7RC7
    So we're still posting info from the leaks in this thread. Are people just dumb?
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    OK, I have removed the comments, really there's a place set up to discuss the leaks. Thanks
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    edited October 2015 Posts: 9,020
    So we're still posting info from the leaks in this thread. Are people just dumb?

Obviously they are [-(
    7 hours 15 left till the final trailer?
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    edited October 2015 Posts: 4,116

Obviously they are [-(

Everyone is just getting anxious. Not everyone is thinking straight.

• BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    mcdonbb wrote: »

Obviously they are [-(

Everyone is just getting anxious. Not everyone is thinking.

True, no one is without fault.
    NicNac wrote: »
    OK, I have removed the comments, really there's a place set up to discuss the leaks. Thanks

I'm sorry everyone. It's something I didn't mean to do on purpose. But it happens when people post such topics, on IMDB:

1:
    2zZjOd.jpg
    2:
    7Tb7cx.jpg

No spoiler warnings, and the black text automatically opens once the mouse arrow moves on it. So by accident I read it. But I never read the screenplay. Never!

I already said to that person, please use better spoiler warnings!! In such cases....I get confused myself, I tend to forget rules, and....I hate myself for that. Sorry again, will not happen again.
  • aaron819aaron819 Switzerland
    High Definition Pictures from Empire Magazine:

028083.jpg
    276382.jpg
    241498.jpg
    478304.jpg
    208134.jpg
    586686.jpg
    173540.jpg
    297667.jpg
    513898.jpg
    544642.jpg
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    There's a lovely photo of Bond v Hinx, perhaps rehearsing the fight as
    Mr Hinx has Bond held by his jacket, but their both smiling, must be
    sharing a joke. :)
  • edited October 2015 Posts: 6,601
    https3A2F2F40.media.tumblr.com2F98dacfca6037f17e2954736a739771252Ftumblr_nv677vcwqp1qc2maxo2_500_zpsjy27uavb.jpg

DTD
    Yes, that's it :))
  • edited October 2015 Posts: 4,600
    The 4th one is pure late 30s IMHO, almost Bogart in style, her hair, the cocktail shaker, "Here's looking at you, kid"
    Yes, I think it's going to have a strong " Film Noir" look to it, the
    Train sequences at least. :)
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    aaron819 wrote: »
    High Definition Pictures from Empire Magazine:

208134.jpg
    586686.jpg

Love these.
    HOLY FLIP - brand new TV spot 4
  • aaron819aaron819 Switzerland
    WOW!! @antovolk
  • RC7RC7
    antovolk wrote: »
    HOLY FLIP - brand new TV spot 4

Wowzers
    Omg, omg ,omg,omg ,omg ,omg. Bondgasm, best tv spot i've seen!!!!
    FYI: some of the new footage is from the final trailer, some isn't.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Omg, omg ,omg,omg ,omg ,omg. Bondgasm, best tv spot i've seen!!!!

Yaaassssss!!

This film already looks to have surpassed SF to me and is seriously giving CR a run for its money. SP is really looking like it's going to be Craig's best.