SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

• NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Oh man, I would totally join Spectre for all the cool swag.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Poor Bond at MI6, all he gets is a pittance of a pension and a hearty
    Well done from her majesty the Queen. ;)
    Don't forget about that bloody dog.
  • aaron819aaron819 Switzerland
    Seriously is EON teasing us for the trailer.

James Bond 007 Official Twitter account just posted this:

CQPtb5wWEAE4CNl.jpg
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    This thread has just become gold.
  • edited October 2015 Posts: 3,164
    EDIT nevermind
    antovolk wrote: »
    Just realised that Empire airs tonight doesn’t it, and that’s where they debuted that “Secrets” spot last week, so they could debut the final trailer then....

@antovolk I doubt it. The trailer is 1m 10s and the TV spot is 30s. Maybe. But I doubt it...
    aaron819 wrote: »
    Just realised that Empire airs tonight doesn’t it, and that’s where they debuted that “Secrets” spot last week, so they could debut the final trailer then....

@antovolk I doubt it. The trailer is 1m 10s and the TV spot is 30s. Maybe. But I doubt it...

nevermind :P Empire airs on Wednesdays....also TV spots can be one minute though. Remember that one from NBA finals?
    aaron819 wrote: »

nevermind :P Empire airs on Wednesdays....also TV spots can be one minute though. Remember that one from NBA finals?

@antovolk You're right! Something to watch out for then!
    Now it's official - final trailer lands tomorrow. Probably in 24 hours - 10am PT/1pm ET/6pm BST

• edited October 2015 Posts: 161
    x5dm52B.jpg

Edit: banner is from Sony Pictures India

I think everyone has fully embraced the return of S.P.E.C.T.R.E. by now :-P. Having said that......have you guys, @NickTwentyTwo, @RC7, already voted in this poll??

http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/10446/bond-polls-2015-best-spectre-film-poll-think-like-a-spectre-operative-deadline-october-18th#latest
  • DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    edited October 2015 Posts: 1,329
    Ha ha

I think everyone has fully embraced the return of S.P.E.C.T.R.E. by now :-P. Having said that......have you guys, @NickTwentyTwo, @RC7, already voted in this poll??

http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/10446/bond-polls-2015-best-spectre-film-poll-think-like-a-spectre-operative-deadline-october-18th#latest

Polls are nice and all mate but part of me thinks you just create them so you can bring your 'facts' and figures to a discussion to settle it as if that's all that matters. @RC7 will make a point and you'll bring up one of you're polls to tell him Keith from Canterbury likes you only live twice so that's that. It's a bit tiresome asking people to vote in an unrelated thread. Not having a pop btw keep up the great work.
    I'm just flattered someone here thought of me to vote in their poll.
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    Maybe EON has tease the teaser to the trailer?
    Maybe EON has tease the teaser to the trailer?

Probably not....I made one tho ;) (based on what I've actually seen of it - this is probably what EON would do)

duplicate
  • edited October 2015 Posts: 11,119
    DCisared wrote: »
    Ha ha

Polls are nice and all mate but part of me thinks you just create them so you can bring your 'facts' and figures to a discussion to settle it as if that's all that matters. @RC7 will make a point and you'll bring up one of you're polls to tell him Keith from Canterbury likes you only live twice so that's that. It's a bit tiresome asking people to vote in an unrelated thread. Not having a pop btw keep up the great work.

What a load of nonsense are you talking. Really :-). I just enjoy making them. I love to...how shall I put it....to create a positive atmosphere in here. And accidentally some other forummembers were getting in a ....'S.P.E.C.T.R.E.' mood. So het, why not reacting to that with that poll. And voting in a poll is nothing more than fun.

It's very clear that you're slightly.....just slighttttlyyy annoyed by this ;-). Well, I can't help it hehe.
    RC7 wrote: »
    Tuxedo wrote: »
    Watching the trailer I ask myself: Why do members of a top secret organization wear rings

I mentioned this a while ago and was duly told off. I do think it's utterly ridiculous in the Craig-verse, but there you go. The films are drifting back into familiar territory and the tropes with them.

It's simple. SPECTRE members don't always know each other so it's a discreet and effective means of identifying each other from a crowd.

It's stoopid. Period. But I can live with stoopid if the film is cracking.

Why? They can't go all Catholic Church and have full uniforms and accessories. They need to remain discreet. A ring is discreet enough. And Yakuzas and criminal biker groups have in real life far more obvious ways to identify themselves.

Not to mention that a tag or a symbol is also good for group cohesion.
    Could the rings be an example of the "Benign Bizarre" phenomenon that I've read about here? Something that wouldn't happen in real life for obvious reasons, but we watch Bond films to see things that wouldn't happen in real life? Just a thought.
    Am imagining things or were there quite a few Bond fans that did not want to see Spectre or Blofeld return? This always puzzled me.
  • DCisaredDCisared Liverpool

delfloria wrote: »
    Am imagining things or were there quite a few Bond fans that did not want to see Spectre or Blofeld return? This always puzzled me.

I hated the idea but I've quickly forgotten my uneasyness with each passing day. Interestingly though I'm not as pumped for spectre as I was for skyfall, but I think that might be down to the fact we waited six years. Be interested to know of others feel the same. Get a poll going gustav!

It was very controversial at the time.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I didn't want either of them to return for fear of what happens with most reboots that bring back iconic assets. But it looks like Spectre will get SPECTRE and Blofeld right this time around. I'm hoping.
  • RC7RC7
    Ludovico wrote: »
    Tuxedo wrote: »
    Watching the trailer I ask myself: Why do members of a top secret organization wear rings

I mentioned this a while ago and was duly told off. I do think it's utterly ridiculous in the Craig-verse, but there you go. The films are drifting back into familiar territory and the tropes with them.

It's simple. SPECTRE members don't always know each other so it's a discreet and effective means of identifying each other from a crowd.

It's stoopid. Period. But I can live with stoopid if the film is cracking.

Why? They can't go all Catholic Church and have full uniforms and accessories. They need to remain discreet. A ring is discreet enough. And Yakuzas and criminal biker groups have in real life far more obvious ways to identify themselves.

Not to mention that a tag or a symbol is also good for group cohesion.

Personally, I just don't see any need for an obvious visual motif. They are presumably the most clandestine organisation in the world. The Yakuza and the Church are symbols around the world, while SPECTRE appear to be invisible to literally everyone that isn't a member. I'm presuming the ring is the first part of the trail to the organisation which feels a bit route one to me, but c'est la vie. Give 'em UV contact lenses where the symbol appears on the pupil.
  • RC7RC7
    edited October 2015 Posts: 10,512
    -
    Tough to merchandise nothing.

Ooowh absolutely. When I created the topic "So Who's Going To Play Ernst" in late 2011, I got bashed frequently. I always loved the idea of seeing Blofeld...but especially "S.P.E.C.T.R.E" return. I think a large majority on here thought it wasn't a good idea. Look where we are now :-).
    Roll on home time tomorrow! I get the feeling it is going to be very busy on here tomorrow all day! :)) :-bd

Ooowh absolutely. When I created the topic "So Who's Going To Play Ernst" in late 2011, I got bashed frequently. I always loved the idea of seeing Blofeld...but especially "S.P.E.C.T.R.E" return. I think a large majority on here thought it wasn't a good idea. Look where we are now :-).

That's what I thought I remembered.