SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

• As we all know everything or a bit too much depending if you've read the leaks or tried to avoid them, it's hard to judge the look for the general audience. So I asked someone who is not a Bond fan and who designs stuff for a living, and he said :

1) "Spectre" refers to the image behind James Bond, obviously.
    2) Is it a good or poor poster ? It's irrelevant anyway, people don't go to see a Bond movie because of the poster.
    Now this is a great poster! Easily the best official Bond poster since the CR teaser poster. The first interesting bit about the credits is that Jez Butterworth is getting a writing credit this time. The second one is huge: Daniel Craig is a co-producer of the film! This is the first time EVER that an actor playing Bond is getting a producing credit for a Bond movie! Btw, this is only the second producing credit of Craig (he got an executive producer credit for Flashbacks of a Fool).
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    zebrafish wrote: »
    So frrrrustrating! Who can make this better?

Just about anyone, I'd guess.
    In other news - SPECTRE is the second-most anticipated movie of this autumn by U.S. moviegoers (naturally, beaten by Hunger Games)

http://variety.com/2015/film/news/hunger-games-mockingjay-part-2-anticipated-fall-movies-1201584956/
    I like the new poster
  • Excellent fan art. ;)
  • Not the most interesting poster, but they haven't been for some time. Much better than the final Skyfall poster. I think it would have been much better with some more imagery in the background. Daniel Craigs pose and the white tux works great but thats about it. It just looks like who designed this took some random image from the trailer and slapped it on in the background. How brilliant would this poster have been if it was hand drawn with sequences from the film in the background. Great to see that DC has a co-producer credit. He seems to always be much more involved in the development of the films than previous Bond actors. Possibly the hardest working Bond actor. I don't see DC leaving after Spectre with this sort of credit. Interesting also to see Jezz Butterworth with a screenwriting credit after doing uncredited work on SF. Could Butterworth be on his way to writing Bond 25 by himself ?
  • edited September 2015 Posts: 3,164
    zebrafish wrote: »
    The classic pose is great. Finally James Bond is back. On second look, however, I see the faults.

Seriously, making this movie costs so much money and then they come up with this as the final poster???

The background image does look like a still from the teaser. It is inappropriately placed. Who gets paid to do this? Or was it an intern? All artists here, hobby-wise or professionals, should write letters to MGW and BB (and DC apparently) that they need to pay attention to things like this. Who has the last decision on releasing this? Did they pull a different one yesterday, just to replace it with this one at the last minute?

So frrrrustrating! Who can make this better?

• ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    First things first: Thanks, @marketto007 for another great scoop!! You're the man!! =D>

Second: I like Craig, the tuxedo and the Walther. Coproducer?? Let's talk now about Bond25... ;)

I believe is a teaser anyway, I miss the Bond girls... One can dream!
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    Thanks @ggl007, my pleasure. I miss the Brosnan Era posters. :(
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Could Craig be lining up to become a full time Bond producer after he retires from the role?
    NicNac wrote: »
    Could Craig be lining up to become a full time Bond producer after he retires from the role?

I had the same thought when I saw that credit. It's an interesting idea but I don't see him wanting to.

I guess it might be a good idea to cheer the mood up with this TV spot I made and posted yesterday:

• NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    @antovolk, I'd love to watch but I haven't seen any teasers/trailers from Spectre yet; is there footage from those in your TV spot?
  • RC7RC7
    Thanks @ggl007, my pleasure. I miss the Brosnan Era posters. :(

Me too.
  • According to our German friends, the movie's running time is 147 minutes - 4 minutes longer than Skyfall if my memory serves right.
    To be confirmed officially, of course.
    @antovolk, I'd love to watch but I haven't seen any teasers/trailers from Spectre yet; is there footage from those in your TV spot?

Yes - it's a SPECTRE TV spot.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    I would say Craig's producer credit suggests possibly either they've given him this to keep him sweet and not jump ship just yet, one final film or maybe 2 or this is likely his last and he's decided he doesn't want to leave the family and is getting behind the camera ready for the next Bond.

Connery may well of wanted this but Craig doesn't go round demanding stuff and bad mouthing the series that got him noticed. Craig deserves this more then any other actor due to his commitment and the way he threw himself into the role. No Daniel will not become just last guy to play Bond when he's replaced, his legacy is now cemented.

Brosnan fans might think he'll be as derided as their favourite but frankly I don't see it Craig will go down as the most significant Bond since Connery and any actor that follows will not be seen the same way for sometime yet.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    What bothers me is how little effort went into that poster. It's not like were asking for a lot. The fact that amateurs in this very forum can come up with artwork miles better than professionals is striking to me.
  • edited September 2015 Posts: 1,314
    Crikey fan - tastic.

This is half great half weak. The still from the film from Mexico smacks of having no other images. Looks like one some one knocked up in Photoshop.

The skull behind him should have been more suggestive. Maybe an illustative approach or subliminal. Like the skull in the sky fall credits that is graves stones.

He also looks like he has a flesh coloured hitler moustache.
    antovolk wrote: »

Yes - it's a SPECTRE TV spot.

My apologies. Stupid question.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Shardlake wrote: »
    I would say Craig's producer credit suggests possibly either they've given him this to keep him sweet and not jump ship just yet, one final film or maybe 2 or this is likely his last and he's decided he doesn't want to leave the family and is getting behind the camera ready for the next Bond.

Connery may well of wanted this but Craig doesn't go round demanding stuff and bad mouthing the series that got him noticed. Craig deserves this more then any other actor due to his commitment and the way he threw himself into the role. No Daniel will not become just last guy to play Bond when he's replaced, his legacy is now cemented.

Brosnan fans might think he'll be as derided as their favourite but frankly I don't see it Craig will go down as the most significant Bond since Connery and any actor that follows will not be seen the same way for sometime yet.

Well said and I wholeheartedly agree. Not only has Craig officially cemented his legacy but he has also made history. It's a title and an acknowledgement that is truly well deserved.
    I also think the portrait is shot from too low the lens must be as low as his navel. Strange distortion of his upper torso
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    jake24 wrote: »
    Amateurs in this very forum can come up with artwork miles better than professionals

Sadly, this is 100% true.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    The producer spot also indicates Craig's personal commitment towards Bond.
  • RC7RC7
    See we can't get through yet another DC thread without a little dig at Brosnan.
    edited September 2015 Posts: 7,526
    Shardlake wrote: »

Very well put, and I agree. The Craig era has always seemed somewhat detached from the previous actors' eras despite the fact there was a longer break between Dalton and Brosnan. I feel the franchise will go in a lighter direction after Craig, and the next actor may be seen as the "'Roger Moore' to Daniel Craig's 'Sean Connery'", if that makes any sense.

This is the second age of Bond.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited September 2015 Posts: 23,883
    RC7 wrote: »
    See we can't get through yet another DC thread without a little dig at Brosnan.

It's just an understandable negative counter reaction to @JasonBond's recent adulation for the man throughout several threads.

• EndCredit007EndCredit007 EGYPT
    Craig has the longest non-working years between two Bond films .. three years between SF and SP .. he dedicated his career for the franchise .. he deserves the honor of becoming the first Bond actor to be a Producer ..