SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

• RC7RC7
    bondjames wrote: »
    RC7 wrote: »
    See we can't get through yet another DC thread without a little dig at Brosnan.

It's just an understandable negative counter reaction to @JasonBond's recent adulation for the man throughout several threads.

Petty, though. No need to lower yourself in such a situation.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    See we can't get through yet another DC thread without a little dig at Brosnan.

It's just an understandable negative counter reaction to @JasonBond's recent adulation for the man throughout several threads.

Petty, though. No need to lower yourself in such a situation.

Fair point.

I think sensitivities may have been heightened on account of all this recent speculation of DC possibly leaving on top.
    I may have missed it, but I didn't see it there :

CN1K8jmUwAAjY4G.jpg

A somehow realistic checkmate position on the board, even though Black was already a piece down and in bad shape.

And Mr White has the white...
    I may have missed it, but I didn't see it there :

CN1K8jmUwAAjY4G.jpg

A somehow realistic checkmate position on the board, even though Black was already a piece down and in bad shape.

And Mr White has the white...
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    The pose seems very familiar.

281991__28174.1342528191.380.500.jpg

fotonoticia_20150903182210_644.jpg
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited September 2015 Posts: 23,883
    Seeing that photo above with the chess pieces (OHMSS) and the new poster today above (GF), as well as several of the stills from SP, I finally get what's going on here.

They are intentionally trying to subconsciously evoke the past (LALD, OHMSS, TSWLM, FRWL etc.) without being obvious, at least in the clothing dept. It's a neat trick, and requires some subtlety on their part. New plot scenarios combined with visuals recalling the franchise's heyday.

This sort of began in CR (with the Connery style polo in the Bahamas), then continued in SF (with the Connery grey GF suit, but tighter for today's tastes).

I like it.
    I love the new poster.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    edited September 2015 Posts: 7,526
    Seeing that photo above with the chess pieces (OHMSS) and the new poster today above (GF), as well as several of the stills from SP, I finally get what's going on here.

They are intentionally trying to subconsciously evoke the past (LALD, OHMSS, TSWLM, FRWL etc.) without being obvious, at least in the clothing dept. It's a neat trick, and requires some subtlety on their part. New plot scenarios combined with visuals recalling the franchise's heyday.

This sort of began in CR (with the Connery style polo in the Bahamas), then continued in SF (with the Connery grey GF suit, but tighter for today's tastes).

I like it.

Yes yes and yes. Well seen, and it makes me very excited.

On the other hand, I'd pay to just see Daniel Craig do From Russia With Love.
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    In other news, I've just learned that the film is done, and a rough cut was screened to a selected Sony International team in London this week.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    In other news, I've just learned that the film is done, and a rough cut was screened to a selected Sony International team in London this week.

:-O :-O :-O

Can you imagine how cool it'd be to have been one of them? Amazing!

Wonder what they thought.
  • michallo_wmichallo_w Szczecin, Poland

Any opinions?
    Soundtrack as well?
  • Personally, I love the new poster. Craig looks great, the DJ is perfect for him and I really like the way that the colours stand out - especially the nice little twist with the gold lettering rather than the white silver.

When I first saw the poster, I thought I must be mistaken when I saw DC's name as co-producer. I'm thinking he will be back for Bond 25. Good honour and proof (if ever it was needed) that he has a deep understanding of the franchise and the character. Well done him.
  • EndCredit007EndCredit007 EGYPT

so it maybe right those film duration that range from 147 to 155 minutes
    jake24 wrote: »
    What bothers me is how little effort went into that poster. It's not like were asking for a lot. The fact that amateurs in this very forum can come up with artwork miles better than professionals is striking to me.

But it's purpose is not to be a piece of art. It's purpose is to advertise the film to millions of movie goers, most of whom are not committed Bond fans. People walking by a movie poster are glancing off of the poster for one second, 2 at most. It must instantly show what this movie is about, and I think it does that very well. In a year of 1000 spy movie imitators, it instantly nails Craig/Bond as killer and stylish playboy, and as noted above, while subliminally channeling Connery. Works for me.
    Out of all the news i have just read, the outstanding bit for me is DC as Co-Producer! This cements my belief that he will do his 5th and final movie.
    Separately i love the new poster! 8-X
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe

Lucky b$%$#§%! I wonder if the theme song and title sequences werein already. And the gunbarrel (something tells me this time it will be right at the beginning).
  • I love the man, I love the actor Daniel Craig. He did stuff to the Bond franchise that no one could have thought off before 2006. He's even a bloody uncredited creative consultant to the Bond films. He's the 'Connery' of our lifetime! Hell even Sir Connery himself fiercefully defended Craig as Bond.....TWICE!! And I won't accept it if Craig leaves after SPECTRE!!

And now...now he gets credited ^:)^ :> ! As co-producer no less! Thank YOU Michael G. Wilson & Barbara Broccoli for giving him that (financial) honor. He deserves it! I actually think it's the biggest news of today. First time ever a Bond-actor gets producer credits.
  • RC7RC7
    I love the man, I love the actor Daniel Craig. He did stuff to the Bond franchise that no one could have thought off before 2006. He's even a bloody uncredited creative consultant to the Bond films. He's the 'Connery' of our lifetime! Hell even Sir Connery himself fiercefully defended Craig as Bond.....TWICE!! And I won't accept it if Craig leaves after SPECTRE!!

And now...now he gets credited ^:)^ :> ! As co-producer no less! Thank YOU Michael G. Wilson & Barbara Broccoli for giving him that (financial) honor. He deserves it! I actually think it's the biggest news of today. First time ever a Bond-actor gets producer credits.

It's not a financial honour. The man earns an exorbitant fee. It's a creative one. Potentially a leaving gift.
  • edited September 2015 Posts: 7,500
    I don't understand the complaints. This poster is great! =D>
  • RC7RC7
    jobo wrote: »

Sarcasm.
  • Pajan005Pajan005 Stockholm, Sweden
    I like the poster as well. I'm gonna have to get one to put in my collection just next to the SF one.

I especially like Day of the Dead image in the background. Looks pretty vintage and classic. Reminds me almost of what they did with The Man from U.N.C.L.E. Posters
    I like the striking aquamarine colour and impact on the background contrasting against DC's white tux pose (though with the low viewpoint and weird stance I find the effect a bit off putting).

Is there such a thing as manspreading whilst standing? Maybe DC's aiming to win over the female demographic with a bit of pelvic thrust!! lol

Ok I'm being unkind. It's an improvement over the monochromatic polo neck (GQ ad) teaser which was pretty much universally found to be underwhelming.

I think SF's final poster is probably still safe for holding the wooden spoon award for worst Bond poster.
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    Honestly, the more I look at the poster, the more I like it despite not being blown away by it. There's something very simple about this poster.
  • I really like the poster actually. I wasn't sure when I first saw it because of the anticipation of whatever was going to be announced but now I've had time to look at it and get used it, I really like it.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Simple yet significant.

The statement is all encapsulated by Bond himself; the pose, the outfit, the gun.
    jobo wrote: »

Sarcasm.

No. That tends to be your speciality...
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    :))
  • edited September 2015 Posts: 3,164
    Now such things would probably go in fan art but it's one for sure is absolutely wonderful - "The Desk of Q" - a tribute to all the Bond gadgets from Dr No to SPECTRE:

Desk_of_Q_007_FringeFocus_Regular-940x313.jpg
    Desk_of_Q_007_FringeFocus_CLOSEUP-940x940.jpg

It's available to buy at this link: https://fringefocus.com/i/the-desk-of-q-007/#

@andmcit - you mean the US or the UK/international final poster? Remember there were two :P
  • edited September 2015 Posts: 11,119
    I love the man, I love the actor Daniel Craig. He did stuff to the Bond franchise that no one could have thought off before 2006. He's even a bloody uncredited creative consultant to the Bond films. He's the 'Connery' of our lifetime! Hell even Sir Connery himself fiercefully defended Craig as Bond.....TWICE!! And I won't accept it if Craig leaves after SPECTRE!!

It's not a financial honour. The man earns an exorbitant fee. It's a creative one. Potentially a leaving gift.

Potentially a leaving gift....potentially an incentive to stay a bit longer. We don't know actually. Thanks for claring up things a bit :-). I just thought that officially he also gets a fee/bonus out of his co-producer credits, similar to Andrew Noakes and David Pope. But then again, I'm not sure.