SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

I knew it. Spectre will be Craig's last Bond film.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited August 2015 Posts: 10,588
    I hate when you're right. ;)

Nothing's set in stone, however. We'll have to wait until after Spectre is released.
  • edited August 2015 Posts: 3,164
    I wonder why there is not more visible marketing. It's only 2 months till Spectre opens in most parts of the world.
    If I compare it to other franchises we already should long have character posters, a second trailer (3rd if you count in the teaser), proper movie posters at the cinema.
    But there is nothing at all.

Maybe EON thinks Spectre will be an easy sell anyway and doesn't need the expensive marketing treatment? Or are they just lazy or even incapable?
    Is post-production making problems?

Some of you may have insights to this, please do tell ;)

Aside from the character posters (I def believe we're overdue on them) I fully disagree. The theatrical trailer came out only a month ago, and the earliest I can see another trailer coming is end of September (by comparison, Hunger Games should have their final trailer end of October, and Star Wars, well they've had two teasers and their full length trailer should only be coming late September).. Neither Star Wars nor Hunger Games have "proper" posters yet - just teaser posters, Spectre's should be on the horizon. (And in fact SPECTRE's second teaser poster with Craig is pretty much everywhere in a lot of cinemas, in the UK and the US).

So at the moment, we're doing just fine at this point in time - aside from character posters, we've got all the content that a big November movie would have at this point in time.

The visible marketing (TV spots, billboards, cast appearances and clips on TV shows) only really kicks in around a month before release, so October.
    jake24 wrote: »
    I hate when you're right. ;)
    Ok, the truth is that we still don't know for sure than this will be Craig's last one. EVEN IF Craig and the producers completely believe at the moment that Bond 25 will feature a new actor as Bond, that can change. Anything can happen, but it really does look likely that this will be the end of an era.
    Im pretty sure Craig will do Bond 25. I just feel he is going want to do 1 more then Brosnan
  • ThomasCrown76ThomasCrown76 Augusta, ks
    He will need cast and director approval. He will also want to pick the flavor of ice cream
    I would say the situation with Sony isnt helping, also I dont believe Craig is contracted for a fifth film. There were reports that he was let go of that or it was somehow altered. Craigs comments, the story of the film, all make it seem as if its Craigs last.

I wouldnt be suprised if Craig is trying to say goodbye & Barbara wants him to see how SP does before making up his mind.

SP is going to factor in a lot of things by the end of the year.
  • HMBFFHMBFF Lisboa, Portugal
    edited September 2015 Posts: 204
    smitty wrote: »
    So Waltz is very likely going to do B25 as I would think Lea too.
    If Waltz is indeed Blofeld, it's only natural (if he doesn't get killed in SPECTRE) that he'll do B25. But why do you think Léa will also be doing B25? :-?
  • edited September 2015 Posts: 725
    HMBFF wrote: »
    If Waltz is indeed Blofeld, it's only natural (if he doesn't get killed in SPECTRE) that he'll do B25. But why do you think Léa will also be doing B25? :-?
    Because of the way SP ends. I just think there is an obvious need for a resolution to her story and of course Blofeld's in B25. I'm guessing that the major Blofeld story line is being held for B25. That's why Waltz signed up for the role. Why would he want to do another garden variety villain. Waltz has won two Oscars playing villains. This role had to have an iconic basis for him to sign on. And why would they call the film Spectre if Blofeld didn't hover over the story. It may not become obvious till the very end of the film, but I'd bet Waltz's Blofeld will be a major part of B25.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    edited September 2015 Posts: 7,526
    *Deleted*
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I've edited your comment, @smitty. Do not discuss spoilers/leaks in this thread, as we have a place to do exactly that.
    OK. Understood. I should have put the Spoiler tag on my comment.
  • ThomasCrown76ThomasCrown76 Augusta, ks
    Besides we all know he's playing khan.
    Also remember Craig just got finished filming spectre. He might not want to think about another one right now
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    edited September 2015 Posts: 4,116
    fjdinardo wrote: »
    Also remember Craig just got finished filming spectre. He might not want to think about another one right now

Maybe but there is much more calm resolution less relentless enthusiasm in that interview than what we had with SF. Not saying he is not just as pleased but he seemed ready to end. Like the final course of a great meal he just enjoyed...

However I think the meal is far from over and I believe Spectre is not the last course intended for Craig... whether or not he excuses himself from the table well...

• BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    But does anybody truly believe BB, MGW or anyone at EON have the slightest plan for what's to happen after Spectre??

We can be glad if they start thinking about it somewhere by the end of 2016.
    Pre-production will maybe start at the beginning of 2017.

Another 3 year gap is inevitable. In 2018 Craig is 50 years old, the media will have a field day putting his ago to the frontline. To believe anything else is naiv imo.

If they dare to have some kind of an open ending in Spectre they have gone done the looney bin even more than I thought possible.
  • edited September 2015 Posts: 11,119
    But does anybody truly believe BB, MGW or anyone at EON have the slightest plan for what's to happen after Spectre??

Another 3 year gap is inevitable. In 2018 Craig is 50 years old, the media will have a field day putting his ago to the frontline. To believe anything else is naiv imo.

If they dare to have some kind of an open ending in Spectre they have gone done the looney bin even more than I thought possible.

Where's the enthusiasm among Bond fans when we need it?? I think every Bond-fan and loyal MI6community member should scream "Danny, please don't leave as Bond after SPECTRE!!!" Everyone!

I love the man, I love the actor Daniel Craig. He did stuff to the Bond franchise that no one could have thought off before 2006. He's even a bloody uncredited creative consultant to the Bond films. He's the 'Connery' of our lifetime! Hell even Sir Connery himself fiercefully defended Craig as Bond.....TWICE!! And I won't accept it if Craig leaves after SPECTRE!!
  • It's been said that DC is the best Bond since Connery, and I would probably have to agree with them. You're absolutely right, @Gustav_Graves, on a personal level, Craig has been an asset to the franchise, and I would be devastated to see him leave.

There are a few reasons for this: I do think he has more to give. The franchise doesn't feel stale, it's not declining, the films are increasingly and universally popular. If some of the rumours and speculation is true, we've entered a reborn arc of characters and storylines. This is in complete reversal to the "end" of all previous Bond actors maybe with the exception of Dalton.

So I think DC probably will be back for B25. He's being moot on the situation because to do anything else would be unprofessional. He's saying he doesn't want to do another one because he's only just finished the biggest one yet! What I'm trying to say is that we shouldn't despair - yet at the same time - not take anything for granted. We have to hold on dearly to what is good.
    HMBFF wrote: »
    Because of the way SP ends. I just think there is an obvious need for a resolution to her story and of course Blofeld's in B25. I'm guessing that the major Blofeld story line is being held for B25. That's why Waltz signed up for the role. Why would he want to do another garden variety villain. Waltz has won two Oscars playing villains. This role had to have an iconic basis for him to sign on. And why would they call the film Spectre if Blofeld didn't hover over the story. It may not become obvious till the very end of the film, but I'd bet Waltz's Blofeld will be a major part of B25.

All I'll say regarding the script in this thread
    I don't know why you seem to think so? This works as an end completely, SP is the resolution to the story.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    I'd love for Craig to come back for Bond 25 and really hope he does but at this stage, I'm not that fussed. When one's been plagued with pointless ambiguity, charm and cuteness goes out the window and certain things just become superfluous. Sod it. If Craig returns for Bond 25 great if not then I really hope EoN cast someone who can bring the same gravitas as Craig in the role and can get at least 5 films out of him.
  • edited September 2015 Posts: 161
    I think/hope under the hood EON is already probing for the next 007. Thus "in case DC leaves" we'll manage a script and find a new Bond in, say, 2 years and not have another huge 4-5 year gap.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited September 2015 Posts: 23,883
    And I won't accept it if Craig leaves after SPECTRE!!

What would you do if he does? Nothing drastic, I hope....
    I think/hope under the hood EON is already probing for the next 007. Thus "in case DC leaves" we'll manage a script and find a new Bond in, say, 2 years and not have another huge 4-5 year gap.

If it's indeed his last, I'm sure they've known it for some time and have been coy with us. Hence, they probably do have the new Bond in their sights and we likely will go to a new, more compressed production timeline.

I'm not saying he's leaving though, just that if he is it wouldn't surprise me and I think most people in the inner circle know about it already.

BTW, I wonder if marketing will be negatively impacted by Sony's possible loss of the franchise, in terms of lack of enthusiasm from them. Why go crazy if you're possibly losing the franchise.
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    bondjames wrote: »
    [quote="Gustav_Graves;482961And I won't accept it if Craig leaves after SPECTRE!!

What would you do if he does? Nothing drastic, I hope....

If it's indeed his last, I'm sure they've known it for some time and have been coy with us. Hence, they probably do have the new Bond in their sights and we likely will go to a new, more compressed production timeline.

I'm not saying he's leaving though, just that if he is it wouldn't surprise me and I think most people in the inner circle know about it already.

BTW, I wonder if marketing will be negatively impacted by Sony's possible loss of the franchise, in terms of lack of enthusiasm from them. Why go crazy if you're possibly losing the franchise.[/quote]

I doubt it. Sony need to make their case if they want to keep it.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Daniel-Craig-interview-2015-43.jpg

Daniel-Craig-interview-2015-3-43_zpssi5hcaqj.jpg

Daniel-Craig-interview-2015-2-43_zpsf3t3iotr.jpg

craig-1_3424835b_zpsfrqezbwi.jpg

craig-2_3424838b_zpspk5lbulf.jpg[/quote]

Dtd
  • HMBFFHMBFF Lisboa, Portugal
    bondjames wrote: »
    BTW, I wonder if marketing will be negatively impacted by Sony's possible loss of the franchise, in terms of lack of enthusiasm from them. Why go crazy if you're possibly losing the franchise.
    2015 has been an annus horribilis for Sony. Almost every film was a commercial and critical failure. SPECTRE is the only chance for them to make some money at the box office. They're simply not allowed to have lack of enthusiasm. I'm sure there will be a massive marketing campaign starting this month.

• WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    @Smitty Thank you very much for your spoilers. There is a thread for that, no need to write everywhere in this one that Lea's character will return in next movie.

F*** you. I don't even care if I'll get banned for that.
  • But does anybody truly believe BB, MGW or anyone at EON have the slightest plan for what's to happen after Spectre??

Where's the enthusiasm among Bond fans when we need it?? I think every Bond-fan and loyal MI6community member should scream "Danny, please don't leave as Bond after SPECTRE!!!" Everyone!

I love the man, I love the actor Daniel Craig. He did stuff to the Bond franchise that no one could have thought off before 2006. He's even a bloody uncredited creative consultant to the Bond films. He's the 'connery' of our lifetime! And I won't accept it if Craig leaves after SPECTRE!!
    doubleoego wrote: »
    I'd love for Craig to come back for Bond 25 and really hope he does but at this stage, I'm not that fussed. When one's been plagued with pointless ambiguity, charm and cuteness goes out the window and certain things just become superfluous. Sod it. If Craig returns for Bond 25 great if not then I really hope EoN cast someone who can bring the same gravitas as Craig in the role and can get at least 5 films out of him.

Is there actually ANY Bond-fan in here who is more firm and actually really wants Craig to stay???

I agree that Daniel Craig is being plagued with pointless ambiguity (apparently the Sony Leaks have become more damaging...hence the continuous rumours about Idris Elba). But should WE Bond fans therefore not stand up for Mr Craig and support the man more fiercefully??

It really agitates me that so many Bond fans have this lackluster "so be it"-mentality. By jolly....at times I would have liked to live in the 1970's or so. In those days we didn't have Sony Leaks!
  • walter1985walter1985 Rotterdam
    if it's a big deal, as Marketto says, perhaps MGW will anounce is retirement?