SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

• doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Great pics
    I'll get screencaps from the digital version as soon as it lands :)
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Yes, great stuff. Thanks for posting.

I love how Bond checks out the Aston. Seydoux is ravishing in that black and white photo sitting in the chair.
  • aaron819aaron819 Switzerland
    @antovolk When is the magazine coming out?
    aaron819 wrote: »
    @antovolk When is the magazine coming out?

Friday I think, I don't remember for sure.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Two months to the day people!
    jDndfZK.jpg
    From Empire
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    Bond by Design: The Art of the James Bond Film
    http://www.007.com/bond-by-design-the-art-of-the-james-bond-films/

From the new book:

I762nYn.jpg
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    :D
    What an image that is! :-O
    antovolk wrote: »
    jDndfZK.jpg
    From Empire

This may be of interest to a lot of people as Mendes confirms that the Spectre of "Spectre" will not be SPECTRE.

The acronym is gone.

Personally, I'm happy as it seems a little outdated and campy to have SPECTRE in a modern Bond film. Plus, if you call your terrorist group Spectre you really don't have to back-engineer an acronym, it sounds ominous enough as it is.

It's been annoying me a little over the last couple of months seeing sites like mi6-hq refer to the film as SPECTRE. The acronym is gone.
    jDndfZK.jpg
    From Empire

This may be of interest to a lot of people as Mendes confirms that the Spectre of "Spectre" will not be SPECTRE.

The acronym is gone.

Personally, I'm happy as it seems a little outdated and campy to have SPECTRE in a modern Bond film. Plus, if you call your terrorist group Spectre you really don't have to back-engineer an acronym, it sounds ominous enough as it is.

It's been annoying me a little over the last couple of months seeing sites like mi6-hq refer to the film as SPECTRE. The acronym is gone.

I think "SPECTRE" simply looks cooler ;-). Moreover, 007.com is mostly referring to the film in full caps-locked capitals
  • RC7RC7
    jDndfZK.jpg
    From Empire

The acronym is gone.

I think "SPECTRE" simply looks cooler ;-). Moreover, 007.com is mostly referring to the film in full caps-locked capitals

He's meaning it no longer stands for 'Special Executive for Counter-Intelligence, Terrorism, Revenge and Extortion'.
    RC7 wrote: »
    jDndfZK.jpg
    From Empire

The acronym is gone.

He's meaning it no longer stands for 'Special Executive for Counter-Intelligence, Terrorism, Revenge and Extortion'.

I know that. I think it was also in the Total Film article. Hence why he likes to use "Spectre" instead of "SPECTRE". It was also in this article.

Perhaps this could be the reason why "Doctor No" isn't included in the SPECTRE-steelbook set that will be released in two weeks from now :-).
    How does that explain dr no not being in the collection?
    Ottofuse8 wrote: »

Pretty sure that is the only time you actually hear what SPECTRE acronym stands for.

Losing the acronym is an understandable call, just one I think stinks.
  • trevanian wrote: »
    Ottofuse8 wrote: »

Pretty sure that is the only time you actually hear what SPECTRE acronym stands for.

Losing the acronym is an understandable call, just one I think stinks.

Yes, Dr. No is the only *film* that spells out what SPECTRE stands for. The trailer for From Russia With Love tries to spell it out but drops a word. It's never mentioned in the movie itself.

Finally, Roald Dahl's mid-June 1966 draft for You Only Live Twice has Bond saying what SPECTRE stands for during the bath scene. But it's never uttered in the movie itself.

• mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    I don't have an opinion yet.. they have the rights now so in a later film if they wish they can always expound..

For purely subjective thematic reasons I like Spectre way more than SPECTRE as a title.
    Full Total Film feature:
    deiFxjg.jpg
    v9tgsBm.jpg
    yjOC4qn.png
    A94xrr0.jpg
    5xSHEOQ.png
    Gv6rHIy.png
    Hm2vZXS.png
    L76V2VM.png
    lTwRPMi.png
    pEAmJpQ.png
    6cFh9Al.jpg
    9npd97g.jpg
    J2HYyh9.jpg
    J44Wbjg.jpg
    QD5v525.jpg
    h4pB9N4.jpg
    Thanks @antovolk

Thanks for this!

• aaron819aaron819 Switzerland
    I got the digital version of Total Film magazine. Here are the photos from the magazine:

zkiU59n.jpg
    vgmhqXt.jpg
    MSJ2bMw.jpg
    6MEe7db.jpg
    8buHK1T.jpg
    be5XBCN.jpg
    ct7gadP.png
    gZ6IHrC.png
    Oh very nice. Thanks for the upgraded quality pics.
  • edited August 2015 Posts: 203
    Thanks for the article @antovolk

'Big ideas aren't cheap stunts, they are hard to find' - Sam Mendes. The difference between Bond and the crappy M:I series! Very elegantly put Mr. Medes!

And another great quote from Mendes: 'Every set of studio notes, i've received has been 'this is not going to work! this is going to be a disaster' LOL!
  • RC7RC7
    TF referencing Baron Samedi and using a photo of Yaphet Kotto. Poor. Very, very, poor.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    TF referencing Baron Samedi and using a photo of Yaphet Kotto. Poor. Very, very, poor.

You mean poor reporting or it's in poor taste?
  • RC7RC7

You mean poor reporting or it's in poor taste?

Sloppy reporting.
  • HMBFFHMBFF Lisboa, Portugal
    Something interesting from the article:
    "... Lucia Sciarra, a widow from Bond's past"
    Have I skipped some pages here or this piece of information is new?
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I'm itching to see that fight between Bond and Hinx. It looks so classic, just from that one image and the tiny snippets of footage we've seen of it in the trailer.
    edited August 2015 Posts: 10,588
    HMBFF wrote: »
    Something interesting from the article:
    "... Lucia Sciarra, a widow from Bond's past"
    Have I skipped some pages here or this piece of information is new?
    It is believed she's the wife of Marco Sciarra, the assassin that Bond fights in Mexico. So I guess technically he'd be from Bond's past.