SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

• Let me get this straight... We've discussed themes focusing on the relevancy of human agents in the spy world during a time where technology has taken dominance, Christian symbolism and the relativity of moral life paths in the context of the international espionage community at work in Skyfall, but too much thought is being put into this argument here? I respectfully think not, sir.

But... so some are willing to consider that in CR, between the phone call to M and the visit to Mr White, 2 years have passed. It means the build-up to the name is Bond, James Bond is thrown out of the window, that all took place off screen and that the audience is clueless about what happened in these two years. And Silva being adopted by M as a child is too "silly" to be discussed really ? :)

• TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Let me get this straight... We've discussed themes focusing on the relevancy of human agents in the spy world during a time where technology has taken dominance, Christian symbolism and the relativity of moral life paths in the context of the international espionage community at work in Skyfall, but too much thought is being put into this argument here? I respectfully think not, sir.

But... so some are willing to consider that in CR, between the phone call to M and the visit to Mr White, 2 years have passed. It means the build-up to the name is Bond, James Bond is thrown out of the window, that all took place off screen and that the audience is clueless about what happened in these two years. And Silva being adopted by M as a child is too "silly" to be discussed really ? :)

Well feel free to offer another explanation that covers all the facts.

'Once you have rule out the impossible whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.' - Sherlock Holmes.
    so in less then a year Bond 24 will be filming..
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Risico007 wrote:

That's right. Crazy how time flies by, and before that, we'll have ourselves a hefty set of rumors - a good portion that are true.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Risico007 wrote:

That's right. Crazy how time flies by, and before that, we'll have ourselves a hefty set of rumors - a good portion that are true.

Come on Fleming title

• RC7RC7
    Risico007 wrote:
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Risico007 wrote:

Come on Fleming title

Probably the last thing I'm bothered about, personally.
    RC7 wrote:
    Risico007 wrote:
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Risico007 wrote:

Come on Fleming title

Probably the last thing I'm bothered about, personally.

Same here. It's way down on my list of wants or worries.
  • Let me get this straight... We've discussed themes focusing on the relevancy of human agents in the spy world during a time where technology has taken dominance, Christian symbolism and the relativity of moral life paths in the context of the international espionage community at work in Skyfall, but too much thought is being put into this argument here? I respectfully think not, sir.

'Once you have rule out the impossible whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.' - Sherlock Holmes.

Yes, and it is by no means impossible that it was a simple continuity error that lead to the ticket's reading 2008 instead of 2006. A simple oversight would explain the contradiction nicely.

Yes, and it is by no means impossible that it was a simple continuity error that lead to the ticket's reading 2008 instead of 2006. A simple oversight would explain the contradiction nicely.

'James Bond = Jesus Christ' has never really rung true for me.

However, in SF there are definite Christ-like metaphors on show. The biggest of course being Bond's 'resurrection'. But this is just as much a commentary on the Bond legacy and it's enduring appeal than anything approaching religious symbolism.

The Jesus metaphors don't really fit with Bond at all really. They are much better suited to the Superhero comic-characters like Batman, Superman etc. Bond is a narcissistic, arrogant, sexist killer. I don't think he's going to heaven anytime soon.

But there are undeniable Christian undertones to SF. However, there is a lot of others things happening in the film so it's really up to the viewer to take away what they want from the film.

In other news here's a nice Sam Mendes video where he dedicates his award to Roger Moore.

Also another video of Rebecca Hall (actress and Mendes's girlfriend) talking about her Bond girl prospects:

Bond had removed his waistcoat before driving White to Sienna too. ;)
    Rebecca Hall needs to be a bond girl!
    Risico007 wrote:
    Rebecca Hall needs to be a bond girl!

I never thought she had the right kind of beauty. Great actress, but no Bond girl material.
    @Ludovico, I'm with you there. She's a good actress, but she lacks the Bond girl beauty.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    edited December 2013 Posts: 9,117
    Let me get this straight... We've discussed themes focusing on the relevancy of human agents in the spy world during a time where technology has taken dominance, Christian symbolism and the relativity of moral life paths in the context of the international espionage community at work in Skyfall, but too much thought is being put into this argument here? I respectfully think not, sir.

That explanation doesn't cover the facts within the narrative world of the films which has QOS set in 08.

It's easy to assume an oversight on the part of the filmmakers but I'm talking about a continuity that fits the facts of established in the films and the only logical hypothesis is for the gap to be between M's call and Bond going to White's villa.

The missing waistcoat is a whole different ballpark of contrived explanations. Perhaps after he had manhandled White into the boot he felt a bit hot so took it off? Or maybe he had got some of White's blood on it?
  • Well feel free to offer another explanation that covers all the facts.
    Dramatic license ?

• Yes, and it is by no means impossible that it was a simple continuity error that lead to the ticket's reading 2008 instead of 2006. A simple oversight would explain the contradiction nicely.

That explanation doesn't cover the facts within the narrative world of the films which has QOS set in 08.

It's easy to assume an oversight on the part of the filmmakers but I'm talking about a continuity that fits the facts of established in the films and the only logical hypothesis is for the gap to be between M's call and Bond going to White's villa.

The missing waistcoat is a whole different ballpark of contrived explanations. Perhaps after he had manhandled White into the boot he felt a bit hot so took it off? Or maybe he had got some of White's blood on it?

Why must everything be handled with "a continuity that the fits the facts...established in the films?" What are we to make of the janitor who was sweeping the air, or Goldfinger disappearing from his automobile, or the car flipping sides in the space of an alley, or the sudden appearance of men with microphones and cameras in Saida's dressing room, or the password spelling "Vesper" without Bond typing in those keys? Simple errors on the part of the film are as valid an explanation as anything else. If this pursuit is merely a joking one, then, sure, have fun thinking up ridiculous explanations for everything (as I'm sure you're capable of), but why bother trying to think up an in-universe reason for every single bit of ridiculousness in the films?
    Well, I always perceived it as jokingly shooting the breeze. This is what I've been doing. Many films have subtle continuation errors. To slay them for this is ridiculous but I never got the impression anyone was doing this anyway.
    back on topic when does everyone think we will get our next big bit of news
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    It could be as early as February, when everyone is fully focused on the film.
    Samuel001 wrote:
    It could be as early as February, when everyone is fully focused on the film.

I do hope so, because February will be here before we know it. That would be something great to look forward to.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    They better be polishing the script and getting preliminary work done.
    I am hoping Quantum comes back. I just think that as an evil organization who basically can manipulate the whole world there are still a few stories to tell.
  • edited December 2013 Posts: 2,598
    I am determined this time to stay away from any plot spoilers except news that doesn't reveal such news like the name of the film and the locations. It would also mean staying away from the Bond 24 threads I would think.

Are there many people who like the fact that Mendes is back and don't mind that we have to wait almost two more years or would some or many have preferred another distinguished director, meaning we only had to have waited one more year for Bond 24?
    edited December 2013 Posts: 13,350
    A different director would have not meant any less of a wait. For the film to come out in 2014 it would have had to have been announced as Skyfall was finishing production in the middle of 2012.

As for my pick of director, right now I feel it's the right choice to have one return at last and Mendes is great.
    Samuel001 wrote:
    A different director would have not meant any less of a wait. For the film to come out in 2014 it would have had to have been announced as Skyfall was finishing production in the middle of 2012.

As for my pick of director, right now I feel it's the right choice to have one return at last and Mendes is great.

When was QOS announced?
    edited December 2013 Posts: 13,350
    20th July 2006 with a release date of 2nd May 2008. This was pushed back in September.

If you want Bond 25 in 2017, you'd need to hear by Summer 2015.
    Well, Eon were determined to have Mendes back way back at the SF press conference when they hadn't even started filming or had only just begun. Were they aware from the beginning of the SF shoot that he had these theatre commitments?

With Mendes returning I would hope that he keeps the classical office that the new M was in at the end of SF and I liked what he did with most of this film with the exception of the Moneypenny backstory. The only thing that has me feeling less excited is the fact that he might have the secretary back in the field again. Even if it's done well, it will hinder my enjoyment of the film.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    I like the fact that Mendes is returning because he's a great director, has great chemistry with the producers and principle actors, commands a higher caliber of top tier actors and acknowledges his weaknesses, this hopefully not making the same mistakes next time round as he on principle doesn't like to repeat making the same movie. I think we're in great hands with Mendes and I'm confident in believing we're going to get another good movie as Mendes first and foremost has never made a bad movie in his career imo.
    Bounine wrote:
    Well, Eon were determined to have Mendes back way back at the SF press conference when they hadn't even started filming or had only just begun. Were they aware from the beginning of the SF shoot that he had these theatre commitments?

He made these theatre commitments as the production of Skyfall ended and always said he wouldn't go straight into another film. Now he knows EON will likely want him back again, or at least ask, he may be doing things differently.
  • edited December 2013 Posts: 2,598
    TO DELETE.