SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

• talos7talos7 New Orleans
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    @talos7 yes, I must've copied the wrong link.
    talos7 wrote: »

Bravo, BRAVO Daniel! Five. Cinque. Vijf. Cinco. James Bond films! The Connery of our lifetime :-D.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    I'm convinced Craig will be back for a 5th but that report is dubious at best.
  • edited June 2015 Posts: 2,015
    doubleoego wrote: »

http://journalisted.com/nicola-agius?allarticles=yes

So it looks like your credit does not come from what you write, but from what one's hope to read :)

Note also that if you believe it, it brings credence to the scoop that was reported here, from an alleged "troll"... I think the "rumour mill" in this forum has quite some quality. Mind you, I can't name an example of someone coming here, saying "I heard that.." , that turned out to be complete fabrication ! Most of the time, it was the "debunkers" who were wrong. Hollywood, sleep quiet : when a leak happens, most fans won't believe it anyway :)
    S.F.W.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited June 2015 Posts: 23,883
    Isn't there something fishy about that article? It says a Sony spokesman says that DC will fulfill his contract and make a 5th. Why is Sony opining on this and what do they care? Aren't they out after SP, and if so, isn't any contract with them invalid/useless? It sort of makes the article questionable.
    doubleoego wrote: »

http://journalisted.com/nicola-agius?allarticles=yes

So it looks like your credit does not come from what you write, but from what one's hope to read :)

Note also that if you believe it, it brings credence to the scoop that was reported here, from an alleged "troll"... I think the "rumour mill" in this forum has quite some quality. Mind you, I can't name an example of someone coming here, saying "I heard that.." , that turned out to be complete fabrication ! Most of the time, it was the "debunkers" who were wrong. Hollywood, sleep quiet : when a leak happens, most fans won't believe it anyway :)

Hey 'almighty observer'. Do you actually.....like James Bond? Are you a fan? What are you looking forward to with regard to "SPECTRE"?
    bondjames wrote: »
    Isn't there something fishy about that article? It says a Sony spokesman says that DC will fulfill his contract and make a 5th. Why is Sony opining on this and what do they care? Aren't they out after SP, and if so, isn't any contract with them invalid/useless? It sort of makes the article questionable.

Their greatest hope at returning to the Bond franchise is keeping everything current in place, including Craig. "It's worked so well four times, let's do more" type of argument.
  • Daniel and Léa spotted shooting in Morocco (via @PhilNobileJr on Twitter, a bit enhanced):

89U6zVw.png

That. Jacket.
    The jacket and shades...Craig looks awesome.
  • edited June 2015 Posts: 2,015
    Hey 'almighty observer'. Do you actually.....like James Bond? Are you a fan? What are you looking forward to with regard to "SPECTRE"?

I'm more a fan than you of the 20+ Bond movies that are not SF, and I expect SP to be the end of the visits to the Bond museum, that the next one after will bring something less crowd-pleasing and more of something de genre.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead

I'm more a fan than you of the 20+ Bond movies that are not SF, and I expect SP to be the end of the visits to the Bond museum, that the next one after will bring something less crowd-pleasing and more of something de genre.

What is the problem with Skyfall and SPECTRE?
    Cross-posted from the trailer thread - I missed this yesterday: more thoughts on the new trailer that debuted at CineEurope from Russian film industry portal KinoMetro (http://www.kinometro.ru/news/show/name/cineeurope-2015-sony-008)
    They also showed a new trailer at the presentation, which is still as secretive and as intriguing as the teaser. One thing that caught the eye was the relatively low amount of action compared to, for instance, the Mission Impossible trailer
  • edited June 2015 Posts: 95
    antovolk wrote: »
    Cross-posted from the trailer thread - I missed this yesterday: more thoughts on the new trailer that debuted at CineEurope from Russian film industry portal KinoMetro (http://www.kinometro.ru/news/show/name/cineeurope-2015-sony-008)
    They also showed a new trailer at the presentation, which is still as secretive and as intriguing as the teaser. One thing that caught the eye was the relatively low amount of action compared to, for instance, the Mission Impossible trailer

Personally, and I know not all will agree, I take this approach as a sign of confidence in SP that a film from a franchise known for its action and adventure for 53 years can present itself without those trademark elements and still garner quite positive reactions.

It also allows SP to distinguish itself a bit more from these other action films from 2015 (which look good to me) Now how this plays out at the box office is anyone's guess, but I think in the end, if SP is a quality Bond movie, it should find a very healthy amount of film goers come later this year and early 2016 when it opens in all oversees markets.

The action will be there. They may just be holding it back once all the summer blockbusters pass and then start showing us the real money shots of action, some of which probably have not even been fully edited yet.

I actually look as much forward to what Mendes does with the non action scenes as I do with the big set pieces.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited June 2015 Posts: 23,883
    Completely in agreement @Brimar.

So far, from all the trailers that have come out, I like the SP one (particularly the first teaser that introduced Waltz and Christensen) best. Quite dark with some foreboding and very well delivered dialogue.

The action will be there this time, I'm sure of it, and even if it isn't up to the levels of MI or the other films, that won't bother me really. Bond is differentiating itself in other areas for me these days (atmosphere, dialogue, cinematography, acting etc. etc.). I think the biggest coup with SP was getting Hoyte Van Hoytema - just like getting Deakins for SF. The cinematography/atmosphere is critical to Bond.

The one thing I'm hoping is up to par, and that will be the 'icing on the cake' for me, is the score.
    I have a feeling SP will win the Oscar for best cinematogrphy.
    Easy now boys hehe. The film hasn't premiered just yet hehe :-P.
    I'm feeling overwhelmingly optimistic. I know that's something you can relate to @Gustav ;)
  • aaron819aaron819 Switzerland
    Video from the set in Morocco:

bondjames wrote: »
    I think the biggest coup with SP was getting Hoyte Van Hoytema - just like getting Deakins for SF. The cinematography/atmosphere is critical to Bond.

The one thing I'm hoping is up to par, and that will be the 'icing on the cake' for me, is the score.

Absolutely! The one area I was most interested in seeing how they followed up SF was in its cinematography. And after Deakins opted out I couldn't think of the right person. Then, someone here mentioned Hoytema, and after seeing his films when he was announced, I was really happy. And so far the footage hasn't let me down. And I'm sure the polished final product will look even better.

As for Newman, I have always been a huge fan of many of his scores and my real hope for SP is just a couple more uses of the Bond theme than SF.

aaron819 wrote: »

Thanks for the video, Aaron! First one from Morocco if I am not mistaken. Despite the image being a "little shaky" it actually gives a great sense of the specific type of location the train is traveling thru: a nice dusty, rocky desert. At sunset no less. A great contrast to Rome and especially Austria.
    aaron819 wrote: »
    Interesting stuff going on from 0:24 to 0:26 ;-)
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    edited June 2015 Posts: 2,497
    Léa Seydoux talks to L'Express about working on Spectre. My French is not that great but she does talk about what it's like working with Sam Mendes, and mentioned that family is a central theme in the film.
    ...and that we all have to live with our past.

Red_Snow wrote:
    Léa Seydoux talks to L'Express about working on Spectre. My French is not that great but she does talk about what it's like working with Sam Mendes, and mentioned that family is a central theme in the film.

Actually that's exactly the same text previously published from Studio Cine Live. Unfortunately, no adds in this release:
    lexpress.fr/culture/cinema/video-sur-le-tournage-de-spectre-le-prochain-james-bond_1689005.html

• edited June 2015 Posts: 4,400
    10846061_884758858283599_4326169280034199249_n.jpg?oh=f4af4dc3d0f03d262321c69c34eabe61&oe=5615E469

Also it looks like we can put those Arctic Monkey rumours to bed:
    http://www.thesundaytimes.co.uk/sto/news/uk_news/Arts/article1574542.ece?CMP=OTH-gnws-standard-2015_06_28

Mendes has commissioned Sam Smith to write the new title song according to The sunday Times
    http://www.thesundaytimes.co.uk/sto/news/uk_news/Arts/article1574542.ece?CMP=OTH-gnws-standard-2015_06_28
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    :D
  • chipstickschipsticks NOT on TheDanielCraigForum where they think know Daniel Craig personally and Léa and Monica are ugly

007 Top of the Sahara. #SPECTRE 36min

11358302_1436729053318010_1401897473_n.jpg

http://websta.me/p/1017491900818789098_661637307

Those images are bloody incredible

=D>

As for Sam Smith, I actually don't care who's singing the theme just so long someone has been selected already and can coordinate with Newman to create a much needed thematic score.