SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

• SarkSark Guangdong, PRC
    JCRendle wrote: »
    Maybe, but that's only conjecture. I interpret the scenes as Bond not needing much explanation, he's smart enough to work out the majority of gadgets without the need for Q to go into too much explanation. I'm not saying I'm right, or that you're wrong, I'm just saying that that's my interpretation.

I actually don't think it's conjecture. I can't access youtube, but I believe Q says something like "I won't take up too much of your time" and Bond looked bored then the scene cuts. Obviously Bond didn't jump in the car immediately.
  • edited March 2015 Posts: 1,552
    The scene change goes "Ejector seat, you're joking", "I never joke about my work, 007", cuts to Bond meeting Goldfinger at the golf course.

Can we please move on? It really isn't that important.
  • RC7RC7
    Zekidk wrote: »
    For those worrying about the use of gadgets: relax. If you end up watching SP and think that the chase would have worked better with a gadgetfree DB10, feel free to complain all you want.

If you've read the leaks, it would be decent of you to allow those that haven't to speculate and discuss.
    Speculate and discuss all you want. It's actually quite fun reading people analyzing and speculating about things that you know are non-excistent! I'll try not to interfere (much).
    @RC7 - I think, all he did was sharing his opinion, tHat the gadgets in SF workED fine. Nothing to do with his actual knowledge of the leaks IMO. Also, speculating is fine, but if the speculation goes into a direction, where people "worry" and feel negative about, I am fine with someone saYing "RelAx, its not that bad at all:"
  • chipstickschipsticks NOT on TheDanielCraigForum where they think know Daniel Craig personally and Léa and Monica are ugly
    edited March 2015 Posts: 560
    ilario_citton Ecco Set di #SPECTRE in Via della Conciliazione a #Roma. #jamesbond 10min

891485_1628904674006551_1414628209_n.jpg

http://websta.me/p/931909206188315659_203169436

ilario_citton Le riprese di #SPECTRE riprendono stasera in Via Conciliazione. #jamesbond #Roma 2h

10990536_953108068040719_1634469398_n.jpg

http://websta.me/p/931858604569745355_203169436
  • RC7RC7
    Speculate and discuss all you want. It's actually quite fun reading people analyzing and speculating about things that you know are non-excistent! I'll try not to interfere (much).

It's part of the fun, something that we do with every film. Finding out you were barking up completely the wrong tree is part of the joy and surprise. Glad it's fun for you up there too.
  • RC7RC7
    Germanlady wrote: »
    @RC7 - I think, all he did was sharing his opinion, tHat the gadgets in SF workED fine. Nothing to do with his actual knowledge of the leaks IMO. Also, speculating is fine, but if the speculation goes into a direction, where people "worry" and feel negative about, I am fine with someone saYing "RelAx, its not that bad at all:"

I'm not worried. I said that from where I'm sat it seems 'odd' and I was questioning it's necessity. I'm just interested in discussing this side of things, the progression and tone of these films, but I know others aren't.
    Oh, come on. Not true. This is what we all do all the time. Really, all he did was saying, he liked the SF scenes better WITH gadgets and hence likes, that they will be in again. You COULD read into his post, knowing he is "leaky", that he says, they are not over the top, which is fine with all of us, I assume.
  • RC7RC7
    Oh, come on. Not true. This is what we all do all the time. Really, all he did was saying, he liked the SF scenes better WITH gadgets and hence likes, that they will be in again. You COULD read into his post, knowing he is "leaky", that he says, they are not over the top, which is fine with all of us, I assume.

I didn't see anyone saying they liked the scenes better WITH gadgets. That would have been the catalyst for an interesting discussion, telling me to relax is also fine, but hardly offering any form of dialogue. This is a discussion forum after all.
    Oops, sorry, I was reading SF NOT SP. My fault. So no, he didn't say that.
    Zekidk said:

For those worrying about the use of gadgets: relax. If you end up watching SP and think that the chase would have worked better with a gadgetfree DB10, feel free to complain all you want.
    Yes, Speculating is part of the fun. For me though, too many negative vibes, especially if they are repeated over and over, is certainly not "fun and joy."
  • RC7RC7
    Yes, Speculating is part of the fun. For me though, too many negative vibes, especially if they are repeated over and over, is certainly not "fun and joy."

Don't worry, I know that...

RC7 wrote: »

If you've read the leaks, it would be decent of you to allow those that haven't to speculate and discuss.

I just don't get some of the criticism here. Basically what some people asking EON Productions is this: "Don't do that!"

Hear hear. Fully agree @Germanlady.

Just a question for you @RC7. What has so far excited you the most about the "SPECTRE" production? Was it the fact that (a hardcore wish of people in this topic: http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/4746/spectre-top-5-elements-spectre-must-have-to-tackle-all-criticism-that-surrounded-skyfall#latest ) many fans wanted Bond to have handed over a proper real mission from scratch? One where he's less the emotional blunted guy, and more the smart and suave spy? One where M's role is now limited to the confinements of Whitehall?

Because in all honesty, you should give Sam Mendes some credits for actually fulfilling that "wish" inside the fan community. You could hear that during the 2nd vlog. But no, only the things we don't like are being commented.

I think it's fairer if we fans at times put our comments like this: "I don't like this Sam, I would do it like this if I were you. But on the other hand, this other idea is great, keep it". At times though, after reading so much negativity, without even giving Sam Mendes some credit for things that DID work, I become frustrated myself and want to compensate comments with over-positive comments and results I see.

One thing that did stick to my mind @RC7, was your idea of Bond driving his DB10 in the Tiber. Bond is struggling to get out, almost drowns. And then at the very last notice he uses the ejector seat. Wunderful. Positive stuff. I'd love to hear more of that.

On the other hand, that reminds me a lot of that wonderful scene in SF where Bond just in time finds the hole in the ice, to escape the Scottish lake. And again, let's see how the car chase works out in real. So far, I really think it'll be a 9 min Ronin-esque car chase, where only at the very last 30 secs of the chase he uses this gadget.

I'm all for more gadgets in Spectre. That's something I have been missing in the Craig era
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    fjdinardo wrote: »
    I'm all for more gadgets in Spectre. That's something I have been missing in the Craig era
    Better make that two.
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    edited March 2015 Posts: 3,277
    According to Twitter and some other sources, the filming continues tonight in Via della Conciliazione, near Saint Peter's Church.

T0FaOV3.jpg

GOt0E8p.jpg

7Jmf8il.jpg

OKaAr6C.jpg

• RC7RC7
    edited March 2015 Posts: 10,512
    Just a question for you @RC7. What has so far excited you the most about the "SPECTRE" production? Was it the fact that (a hardcore wish of people in this topic: http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/4746/spectre-top-5-elements-spectre-must-have-to-tackle-all-criticism-that-surrounded-skyfall#latest ) many fans wanted Bond to have handed over a proper real mission from scratch? One where he's less the emotional blunted guy, and more the smart and suave spy? One where M's role is now limited to the confinements of Whitehall?

Because in all honesty, you should give Sam Mendes some credits for actually fulfilling that "wish" inside the fan community. You could hear that during the 2nd vlog. But no, only the things we don't like are being commented.

Firstly, my own personal wishes don't necessarily tally with the list you provided. Some do, but a lot aren't exactly deal breakers. I'd say compared to that very thorough list, my wish to have Bond in a car that isn't stocked with gadgets is relatively minor quibble. The fact it seems this is the direction they've taken things is just disappointing to me, that's all. If everyone else thinks this is a great idea, good for them. I find it peculiar that I would be the only person a little miffed at the suggestion of a tricked out Aston. It's hardly going to keep me awake at night, though.

Secondly, I've no idea if this is a classic 'mission' based scenario or not. It seems to me like the personal element is still an integral part, but perhaps the balance is more in keeping with what would be considered a 'traditional' Bond film. My own wish is for a great story, one that I can get my teeth into, a villainous scheme that is rich with intrigue. That's ultimately my main wish, I'm not fussed about traditional elements being back, if they are then fine, but it's not my main concern.

As for offering up examples of how I would do it, I'm not sure what your obsession is with this. It's completely irrelevant how I would do it.
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    This is the current situation. Filming will start in an hour or something.

eYxrMUd.jpg
  • edited March 2015 Posts: 4,622
    Maybe, but that's only conjecture. I interpret the scenes as Bond not needing much explanation, he's smart enough to work out the majority of gadgets without the need for Q to go into too much explanation. I'm not saying I'm right, or that you're wrong, I'm just saying that that's my interpretation.

Sure, Bond doesn't need much in the way of explanation regarding the gadgets. He's a resourceful fellow, who tinkers and figures out what he needs to know. Presumably he does much of this off-screen, as it wouldn't make for very interesting footage.
    I know from my own work experience, if you get the wrong guy explaining how gadgets or software programs work, you're better off sticking your fingers in your ears and covering your eyes, and sorting it out yourself later, by experimentation and asking questions.
    Bond's impatience with Q is a running gag. It's played for laughs obviously.

I think this chase looks awesome, based on the pictures and footage we have seen.
    I've read the leaks, so I won't offer up any opinion on the gadgets, as I know what's in the car, but pre-leaks, my opinion would have been, there better be some extras in this Bond car.
    IIRC correctly from Fleming's MR, Bond used to customize his own personal vehicle with spytrade-friendly upgrades.
    An optimized car is what I expect from 007. The more the better.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    Shardlake wrote: »
    Your damned if you do and your damned if you don't!

I doubt we'll see anything as OTT as the Brosnan era or as gadget laden as the Lotus is SWLM. I'm thinking they'll use them sparingly, maybe Bond will go to use them and they'll malfunction or accidentally discover them. I'm sure I heard from someone discussing the script that
    Bond steals the DB10 from Q Branch

How do we know that Bond is even aware of the capabilities of the car if this is the case?
    Also an evening chase sounds great especially using the Tiber.
    Since when had Bond ever bothered learning the specifications of a gadget before going into the field? He's usually in the "I'll work it out as I go along" frame of mind.

Bond seems pretty aware in GF, SWLM & TLD what the car does so @JCRendle I'm not sure what Bond films you've been watching?

I'm sorry my 37 years of being a Bond fan obviously doesn't count for much.

Anymore amusing pictures you can post to make certain other members think you are so witty in your short time posting here?
    That was a little rude. I did not post anything demeaning towards yourself, nor did I question your validity as a Bond fan.

What I meant was that Bond usually seems to grasp a gadget without much explanation from Q.

For example, from Brosnan's tenure:- Look at when he jumps in Q's fishing boat in The World is Not Enough - he knows exactly what he's doing, even though Q hasn't told him anything about it.

In Die Another Day, Q gives him the instruction manual to the "Vanish", which he disregards and shoots through with the tracking guns.

In GF, Q tells Bond about some of the gadgets on the DB5, granted - but he doesn't mention the tire slashers, yet Bond knows exactly what to do.

I wasn't saying that he wasn't aware of what the cars or gadgets could do, I was saying that he was aware of what the cars and gadgets could do without much explanation. He's cocky and he would often be distracted during Q's explanations

I'm sorry I offended you, it wasn't meant intentionally I assure you, but I do find that Bond is able to pick up gadgets without too much explanation.
    ---
    I'm sorry if you don't find my images amusing, but I fail to see what that's got to do with anything. I respect that you've been a Bond fan for 37 years, but that doesn't take away from any validity of opinion that I hold either - I have watched all the Bond films, read all of Fleming's Bond novels and short stories, plus several (granted not all) of the continuation novels I've got a good collection of books and magazines chronicling the production of the movies - I think that my opinions count just as much as yours

I apologise things are a little strained at home at the moment and I might have taken that out on you, Please see my personal message.

Sorry

Shardlake

• SkyfallCraigSkyfallCraig Rome, Italy
    Craig is set to return to Rome in the next days to finish shooting
    I apologise things are a little strained at home at the moment and I might have taken that out on you, Please see my personal message.

Sorry

Shardlake

@Shardlake

I have replied to your message, no harm done :)

JCRendle :)
    I dont know what the gadgets are. I dont want to. However, as long as its not a roll call of wacky ideas like the risible car chase in DAD i dont mind. The Craig era has been a drip feed of introducing new ideas that "Reclaim some of the old irony". Bond felt more like Bond at the end of Skyfall than it has for years IMO
    Matt007 wrote: »
    I dont know what the gadgets are. I dont want to. However, as long as its not a roll call of wacky ideas like the risible car chase in DAD i dont mind. The Craig era has been a drip feed of introducing new ideas that "Reclaim some of the old irony". Bond felt more like Bond at the end of Skyfall than it has for years IMO

I completely agree. It's not that suddenly SP turns into another DAD. And having read the Empire Magazine article and having watched the 2nd vlog, I just don't see any proof that SP will be a "Brozzie Bond".
  • chipstickschipsticks NOT on TheDanielCraigForum where they think know Daniel Craig personally and Léa and Monica are ugly
    taken yesterday

James Bond filming near the Vatican. Tonight, they'll shoot a car chase on the boulevard towards St. Peter's #SPECTRE

B_GpX6tW0AAIG2h.jpg

• dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    Every set picture basically looks the same now lol.
  • RC7RC7
    Matt007 wrote: »

I completely agree. It's not that suddenly SP turns into another DAD. And having read the Empire Magazine article and having watched the 2nd vlog, I just don't see any proof that SP will be a "Brozzie Bond".

Has anyone said that SP is or will be a "Brozzie Bond"? I remember writing that one particular item being discussed seemed conceptually similar to the ideas in the Brosnan-era, ie. re-working classic moments, but I've not seen anyone on this board claiming SP will be like DAD. I think your imagination is running wild there, mate.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I think your imagination is running wild there, mate.
    When is it not? ;)
  • RC7RC7
    Murdock wrote: »
    I think your imagination is running wild there, mate.
    When is it not? ;)

Ha ha. Indeed.