SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

• jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited March 2015 Posts: 10,588
    IMDB Pro lists a few new cast members as well, including
    Miroslav Zaruba as the Palazzo Bodyguard
    George Lasha as Ukrainian Businessman
    Wilhelm Iben as Syringe Heavy
    Bodo Friesecke as Man in Cable Car (another one)
    Andy Cheung as Chinese Businessman
    Amra Mallassi as The Train Waiter
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    A Fiat, an Aston Martin and a Jaguar: http://websta.me/p/930632447463831210_263270556
    ggl007 wrote: »
    A Fiat, an Aston Martin and a Jaguar: http://websta.me/p/930632447463831210_263270556
    Somehow that sounds like the beginning of a joke: "A Fiat, an Aston Martin and a Jaguar are sitting in a bar ..." :)
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    jake24 wrote: »
    What is a
    Syringe heavy
    ??
    roko wrote: »
    Somehow that sounds like the beginning of a joke: "A Fiat, an Aston Martin and a Jaguar are sitting in a bar ..." :)

:)) if I was good at that, I would try to continue. Anybody?
  • RC7RC7
    What is a
    Syringe heavy
    ??
    It will literally be a bad guy who at some point uses a syringe on one of the characters. Perhaps Bond.
  • aaron819aaron819 Switzerland
    New addition to the cast:

Jennifer Brenner, Concierge

877890.jpg
  • RC7RC7
    RC7 wrote: »
    Can't wait for the car chase between Wayne Rooney and Zlatan Ibrahimovic.

LOL :-P. What are your expectations from the car chase @RC7?

I have both positive and negative thoughts regard the car chase @Gustav_Graves. The key positive is that I can't see how this won't look great. The colour palette of black, greys and oranges, combined with Van Hoytema's skill with framing definitely whets the appetite. One thing I have noticed from several shots is that it does seem sparse, a couple of cars here and there, but no heavy traffic or flocks of people. When we first heard about a potential car chase here I'd envisaged a day time chase, lots of traffic to weave through, lots of pedestrians to avoid, general hustle and bustle. I would have preferred this, but as the last real night time chase we got was DAF, I'll happily see what they can do with it.

The one thing I am pretty miffed about is the inclusion of gadgets. If you look back at the best chase scenes from the canon, most of them don't rely on tricks. The 2CV in FYEO, the Cougar in OHMSS, the Renault in AVTAK, the Aston in QoS, even the Tank in GE and the Tankers in LTK (Which I love) they're all great scenes that don't need to play on the tricks introduced in GF. Even in TSLWM, the best parts of that chase are the pure driving shots. In fact before Brosnan, there was only the GF DB5, the TSWLM Lotus and the TLD Vantage that were tricked out and put through their paces. That's 3 out of the first 16 films. So when people say, we want the things that make it classic Bond, or we're cleverly getting back to the old school Bond, history suggests that tricked out cars didn't really become a staple until the late nineties. And of those three, GF and TSLWM work, where I always found the TLD chase at odds with the bulk of the film and Tim's portrayal. Something I feel similarly sceptical about with DC.

The Broz era religiously followed anything deemed a classic trope in the broadest most mainstream sense, so we got tricked out vehicles in three of his four. I honestly thought they'd bin off this element with DC. I thought we might see clever scenes such as those noted above, where Bond uses others modes of transport, or really has to show off his skills by being burdened with an average car. With SF and now SP, that will be 2 of his four movies with tricked out vehicles and probably something we'll see again in B25. (I also wouldn't be surprised if the sodding DB5 makes a cameo in SP).

The other thing I find to be a shame, and I've discussed it on here previously, is that product placements seems to be effecting the way they go about conceiving of chases. The amount of classic Italian vehicles the villain could drive, or Bond could steal, is mouth-watering. Bond has to rely on product placement, that's a given, but when it's compromising creativity I have to wonder if it really is worth it.

The inclusion of
    an ejector seat is my biggest bugbear. It's the kind of backward thinking, nostalgia-fuelled element you'd get between 95-02. Don't get me wrong, I love the chase in TND, despite how bat-shit it is, but that's not what we should be getting in this era. All the car chases that have been mentioned with respect to this chase, Ronin, Bullit et al, don't rely on tricks. They are pure driving. If we were getting that with SP I'd be more excited, and many are saying we will, but any amount of awesomeness will be undercut by guns, or ejector seats or whatever else they chuck in. I'm sure it'll be fun, but I thought we were aiming higher and for more original thinking in this era.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Can't wait for the car chase between Wayne Rooney and Zlatan Ibrahimovic.

LOL :-P. What are your expectations from the car chase @RC7?

I have both positive and negative thoughts regard the car chase @Gustav_Graves. The key positive is that I can't see how this won't look great. The colour palette of black, greys and oranges, combined with Van Hoytema's skill with framing definitely whets the appetite. One thing I have noticed from several shots is that it does seem sparse, a couple of cars here and there, but no heavy traffic or flocks of people. When we first heard about a potential car chase here I'd envisaged a day time chase, lots of traffic to weave through, lots of pedestrians to avoid, general hustle and bustle. I would have preferred this, but as the last real night time chase we got was DAF, I'll happily see what they can do with it.

The one thing I am pretty miffed about is the inclusion of gadgets. If you look back at the best chase scenes from the canon, most of them don't rely on tricks. The 2CV in FYEO, the Cougar in OHMSS, the Renault in AVTAK, the Aston in QoS, even the Tank in GE and the Tankers in LTK (Which I love) they're all great scenes that don't need to play on the tricks introduced in GF. Even in TSLWM, the best parts of that chase are the pure driving shots. In fact before Brosnan, there was only the GF DB5, the TSWLM Lotus and the TLD Vantage that were tricked out and put through their paces. That's 3 out of the first 16 films. So when people say, we want the things that make it classic Bond, or we're cleverly getting back to the old school Bond, history suggests that tricked out cars didn't really become a staple until the late nineties. And of those three, GF and TSLWM work, where I always found the TLD chase at odds with the bulk of the film and Tim's portrayal. Something I feel similarly sceptical about with DC.

The Broz era religiously followed anything deemed a classic trope in the broadest most mainstream sense, so we got tricked out vehicles in three of his four. I honestly thought they'd bin off this element with DC. I thought we might see clever scenes such as those noted above, where Bond uses others modes of transport, or really has to show off his skills by being burdened with an average car. With SF and now SP, that will be 2 of his four movies with tricked out vehicles and probably something we'll see again in B25. (I also wouldn't be surprised if the sodding DB5 makes a cameo in SP).

The other thing I find to be a shame, and I've discussed it on here previously, is that product placements seems to be effecting the way they go about conceiving of chases. The amount of classic Italian vehicles the villain could drive, or Bond could steal, is mouth-watering. Bond has to rely on product placement, that's a given, but when it's compromising creativity I have to wonder if it really is worth it.

The inclusion of
    an ejector seat is my biggest bugbear. It's the kind of backward thinking, nostalgia-fuelled element you'd get between 95-02. Don't get me wrong, I love the chase in TND, despite how bat-shit it is, but that's not what we should be getting in this era. All the car chases that have been mentioned with respect to this chase, Ronin, Bullit et al, don't rely on tricks. They are pure driving. If we were getting that with SP I'd be more excited, and many are saying we will, but any amount of awesomeness will be undercut by guns, or ejector seats or whatever else they chuck in. I'm sure it'll be fun, but I thought we were aiming higher and for more original thinking in this era.
    I wouldn't worry if I were you. ;)
  • RC7RC7
    edited March 2015 Posts: 10,512
    I'm not worried @jake24
    just don't particularly care for seeing an ejector seat again. I'm looking forward to how they shoot it first and foremost.
  • SkyfallCraigSkyfallCraig Rome, Italy
    You are thinking way too much ;)
  • RC7RC7

About what? That the scenes looks a little sparse? That the DC era should stay away from tricked out cars? That product placement can effect creativity?

About what? That the scenes looks a little sparse? That the DC era should stay away from tricked out cars? That product placement can effect creativity?
    Let see the movie first before we criticize things that haven't even been confirmed yet.
  • RC7RC7

Let see the movie first before we criticize things that haven't even been confirmed yet.

It's speculation based on rumours/evidence. Isn't that what we are all here doing, or should we all just disappear until the film is released?
  • chipstickschipsticks NOT on TheDanielCraigForum where they think know Daniel Craig personally and Léa and Monica are ugly
    edited March 2015 Posts: 560
    I can't believe I got THIS close to Bond's Aston Martin DB10. #007 #SPECTRE #Rome #Vatican

B-9dXG7XEAAKOSY.jpg

B-9dYEWWsAE1IId.jpg

B-9dY-CWsAEEVUd.jpg

• chipstickschipsticks NOT on TheDanielCraigForum where they think know Daniel Craig personally and Léa and Monica are ugly
    edited March 2015 Posts: 560
    VIDEO:

http://websta.me/p/931180189191623478_553872419

http://websta.me/p/931158850051867139_1535044959

063cecce80f29ee455c3f32a54b115da.jpg

http://websta.me/p/931175003583251450_1535044959

#SPECTRE #JamesBond Tournage se poursuit à #Rome avec 8 #AstonMartin et #Jaguar #Roma #Tevere #Vatican #Vaticano

B-8UjeTW8AAmZp5.jpg

B-8Uje2W4AEAJLe.jpg

d9008d8a5f89e7cb9573397e0f9d97f6.jpg

http://websta.me/p/931173213538190275_1535044959

5fbcb091f6b357f1f4a93fb9993e57f5.jpg

http://websta.me/p/931170365094069120_1535044959

b48c6ab7f7e179f8d1b0cb75b02ac369.jpg

http://websta.me/p/931164184107647682_1535044959

694c6467545d8d94a2528ae65ee747fb.jpg

http://websta.me/p/931116889127354603_1535044959

f0b14dae6f20c74cc48bc1993084569f.jpg

http://websta.me/p/931113579896995995_1535044959

ciprianbaciu #Italy #Roma #Colosseo #SPECTRE 3h

11007793_1406391493000444_1290070343_n.jpg

http://websta.me/p/931103373175653268_1535044959

gpo101 So the cat's out of the bag. That's right, I'm a stuntman #bond #spectre 5h
    1276d178ddb64aed25af8522205544a6.jpg

http://websta.me/p/931030857978005870_308448377

n.j.e.y SPECTRE | Another night with James Bond #spectre #007 #jamesbond #bond24 #danielcraig #fiat500 #ciak #car #action #crash #borgopio #rome 6h

1578426c51eacbf7cce797035ee0745b.jpg

http://websta.me/p/931027987909366792_386419660

clarisse_1106 Tournage du dernier James Bond #italie #jamesbond #spectre #placesaintpierre #coursepoursuite 6h

11008024_883964958290540_165591098_n.jpg

http://websta.me/p/931011803036589288_1530443142

• edited March 2015 Posts: 3,169

It's speculation based on rumours/evidence. Isn't that what we are all here doing, or should we all just disappear until the film is released?
    For me, it's not a matter of if gadgets are being used, but how they are used.
    Zekidk wrote: »

I agree. And I'm quite positive EON and Mendes have come up with something new, creative, and innovative for the car chase, even if it is gadget laden.
  • JWPepperJWPepper You sit on it, but you can't take it with you.
    https://twitter.com/Seydoux_Lea/
    That's not her in Twitter i believe. There are a lot of twits talking about her in third person in the account

Yes, this is Seydoux's own twitter account

I agree. And I'm quite positive EON and Mendes have come up with something new, creative, and innovative for the car chase, even if it is gadget laden.

It's not gadget-laden.
    There are only very few gadgets

• leas_moleleas_mole love is the promise of suffering
    edited March 2015 Posts: 574
    JWPepper wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/Seydoux_Lea/
    That's not her in Twitter i believe. There are a lot of twits talking about her in third person in the account

Yes, this is Seydoux's own twitter account

This is a fan account. Unfortunately a lot of official Twitter accounts have mistakenly copied in this Twitter as Léa hence the confusion. The user has Tweeted several times that she is not Léa. Léa does not have a Twitter or Facebook

However, she does have Instagram

https://instagram.com/leaseydoux_genuine/
  • SkyfallCraigSkyfallCraig Rome, Italy
    Exactly
  • RC7RC7

If or how, to me I just don't see it as a prerequisite, particularly in this era of films.
    @RC7 What era? An era of abandoning franchise trademarks?
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports

It's clear what Mendes is going for...the cars look spectacular against that setting. Classic Italian cars wouldn't have the same effect.
  • aaron819aaron819 Switzerland
    I don't think we've seen this picture before - from Austria filming in the forest

J2DZGcv.png
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    Your damned if you do and your damned if you don't!

I doubt we'll see anything as OTT as the Brosnan era or as gadget laden as the Lotus is SWLM. I'm thinking they'll use them sparingly, maybe Bond will go to use them and they'll malfunction or accidentally discover them. I'm sure I heard from someone discussing the script that
    Bond steals the DB10 from Q Branch

How do we know that Bond is even aware of the capabilities of the car if this is the case?
    Also an evening chase sounds great especially using the Tiber.
  • RC7RC7
    edited March 2015 Posts: 10,512

The Craig era. The era that promised to be more Fleming and less cliched.
  • RC7RC7
    TripAces wrote: »

It's clear what Mendes is going for...the cars look spectacular against that setting. Classic Italian cars wouldn't have the same effect.

Classic Italian cars wouldn't have worked in a car chase in Rome? Interesting outlook.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator

The Craig era. The era that promised to be more Fleming and less cliched.

But who would that benefit?
    The cinematic Bond is a different animal to the literature Bond. 95% of cinema goers have no idea who Fleming is but have an affinity to the film Bond and the things that make the franchise what it is.

The people who pay at the till know about hollowed out volcanos and ejector seats, because that is what Bond was about. The same people probably have no idea who Timothy Dalton is.

It makes no one right or wrong, but film Bond needs it's core ingredients and it's no good us wishing away ejector seats because it's like wishing away what Bond is all about. We may as well wish away beautiful girls, awful jokes and amazing stunts.

The Fleming Bond was a starched, humourless everyman. The film Bond will borrow certain qualities from the books (which is vital), but it also had to find it's own identity. And the ejector seat in GF was probably the moment that happened. We can't lose that.
    I'd disagree pretty strong with him being starched and humorless in the books. But that aside, a lot of us feel book Bond is superior, and everything to steer the film franchise that way is good.